• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiphopgamer claims Nintendo also doing pc ports in the future

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
There’s no way and no need for them at the moment. Might this happen in 10-12 years? Yes. Consoles are dying.

stevish

Nintendo is the one company that could create their own launcher and actually be successful. Sell your old back catalogue and nintendo online service and a lot of people would buy...

XXL

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF
I was just about to post this. Lol.

POKEYCLYDE

There's no reason to believe Nintendo will. It would be nice, but I can't see them putting anything of substance elsewhere.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Last edited:

Quixz

Doubtful, Nintendo has no problems moving units these days but anything is possible I guess.

RhyDin

The DMCA thing is a convincing way to try and sell this story, but it isn't out of the norm of Nintendo to take down ROM sites.

I would hate for Nintendo to do this because of how poorly implemented and barebones the official emulators are on the Switch. Anything they bring to the table will still be ten to fifteen years behind what the homebrew emulation community can offer and a first-party store application would be horrible. If Epic can't do it right, there is no way Nintendo can.

Oh yeah I remember him from the 360/PS3 days. Hip hop Sony Gamer. giving mediocre games decent scores to be cushy with publishers.

“But he’s passionate tho”

K’off

Robb

Gold Member
Doubt it, but I also don’t think it’s very far fetched. Nintendo usually follows Sony/MS in one way or another, it just takes longer for them to get to the same place.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Who the fuck come up with this delusions?? And I dont give two fucks about what nintendo do... its just absurd

Xbox failing and going third party really fried a lot of brains in the American side of the industry, damn.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Really all it takes is for them to calculate that #3 is a greater number than #1. Totally up to them, and I don't really think we'll see it anytime soon. Not until Switch 2 is fully done, so like 7-8 years from now we could see it.

Yes, Nintendo going PC is something that could happen, with a complete managerial and culture shift. After all, I thought Sony was infallible for sticking to their guns, but as soon as their winning strategy completely ruined Xbox, they started mimicking Xbox. I'm sure some guys at Sony "calculated" that selling additional copies on PC is more money than less games on just a console, in a complete vacuum of gaming industry tactics and brand management.

Anything can happen, Nintendo could be this dumb next. Especially directly after their next console finishes its run, when they have the maximum potential to try something new on their own.

BlackTron

Gold Member
There’s no way and no need for them at the moment. Might this happen in 10-12 years? Yes. Consoles are dying.

In order for the console to die, the games must die. As Yamauchi said back in the day, the Nintendo is just a box you have to buy to play Mario. In fact, he said this when consoles were already dead.

As long as they keep the strong software flowing, there is no reason they can't sell the unlock key (the game console) to play them.

Dafegamer

Honestly, if anything it's due to Pressure from the Shareholders more than because of Nintendo's own decision. Their Games would literally make Bank on PC. Launch them exclusive on a Nintendo PC Launcher and you might legitimately have the biggest competitor to Steam on PC 🤷

Why does anyone take anything this guy say as truth? He is a small-timer in the industry, has weak sub numbers, a relic of the past yet I see him mentioned here a few times as if he really is some industry insider. Guy is a has been.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
In order for the console to die, the games must die. As Yamauchi said back in the day, the Nintendo is just a box you have to buy to play Mario. In fact, he said this when consoles were already dead.

As long as they keep the strong software flowing, there is no reason they can't sell the unlock key (the game console) to play them.

Nintendo has really started to lean on its IP with mobile games, movies and now the theme parks. That will help.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Nintendo has really started to lean on its IP with mobile games, movies and now the theme parks. That will help.

True. This is one of those, where there is smoke, there is fire type things. If they didn't do any of that, then I'd doubt this claim, but they see the value in those IP.

I don't think it would hurt for select IP they have to go to PC, I'd argue its hurting them not putting them on the platform when they need the user base for MP stuff like Pokemon or Animal Crossing etc. Select a few MP games, make the users have to buy their online thing to use it or something and bank.

Top Bottom