• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

RootCause

Such great news. GG earned it. The game is amazing. is it safe to say it's well on its way to 4 mil?

Looking forward to dlc. Hopefully it's content rich. They should include some new beasts, and outfits too.

J-Skee

Congratulations, Guerrilla. The risk was worth it. Looks like an expansion & a sequel are already good to go. I'm ready.

Fantastic game, about to hit my Platinum now and maybe dive into Gravity Rush 2 before my Switch arrives. Really, just thinking about the possibilities for a sequel is pretty exciting, this is a great new IP to work on, just don't play it safe GG, build upon this world with expansions and DLC, but really bring in the new gameplay ideas and innovate on the formula for the sequel. So much potential here.

Also, there was sooooo much concern for this game, think it was even popular as one of the flops of 2017. Gameplay wins guys...when a game gets praised for being fun, it's always more likely it'll turn out great.

Shifty1897

If they bundle this with a PS4 slim this fall they'll sell an extra 2.6 million on top of that. This game is the perfect way to show someone why they need a PS4.

Zedark

Awesome, great numbers for the game! Seems like many were lowballing it's sales potential. It is a very cool game from what I have played of it, it definitely deserves it.

kpaadet

Glad to see a developer being rewarded for taking a chance. Going from Killzone (safe and stale) to Horizon was a big change for GG I imagine. Looking forward to see DLC/sequel.

I'm so happy that this passion project got the recognition it deserves. Throughout the game you can see just how much care was put into it. From Aloy having such uniqueness in how she handles stuff down to her imperfect teeth to the designs in the robots it's great. Easily my favorite game since Bloodborne.

martino

dlc tease..didn't they said ,and i praised them for that, they won't have any outside potential pre order content ?
anyway, contextual opinion on this will be fun to read.

edit: nothing seems to point dlc, could be a sequel.

This is awesome. Female protagonist, diverse as hell world, new IP, and a sort of 'comeback' story for the developer as they escape the Killzone shackles.

100% deserved. Guerrilla Games is officially on the map now for me. Will closely monitor any future games.

Best new franchise of the generation imo. I love it.

Can't wait to see what the DLC is. There's lots of room for expansion, big and small. Could be anything from new beasts, regions, weapons, tribes, etc. Personally, I'd like to see more unexpected surprise quests scattered in the world. Like the corrupt priest in Witcher 3 or the Paranoia quest in Oblivion.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

lhjhbB9.gif

Harmen

Yes! Glad to see it paid of.

-New major AAA ip
-Female lead (non-sexualised)
-Plenty of diversity in the games main cast
-New engine that we will see more of

All in all a good progression for AAA gaming in general I feel.

Kilau

Gold Member
I don't keep up with sales numbers so I hope this is good because the game is really fantastic.

Tosyn_88

Even better news this one. The game deserves everything that it has going for it and i am glad the developers also enjoyed working on this after getting so many divisive views from their Killzone days.

Kill3r7

If they bundle this with a PS4 slim this fall they'll sell an extra 2.6 million on top of that. This game is the perfect way to show someone why they need a PS4.

Fall is tricky as we can expect a Destiny 2 bundle as well as BF2. Odds are that Destiny 2 comes out in September and BF2 will be the bundle of choice during BF because nothing beats Star Wars.

How did The Division perform? As far as new IPs are concerned. Although it wouldn't be fair since it is multiplatform.

Destiny if the biggest new IP this gen 6.3 million units during first month of release.

Even James Cameron moved his Avatar release date once he saw Disney move Star Wars for the same date. It did get overshadowed somewhat, but Horizon deserves attention. I'm enjoying both. And THEY ARE BOTH DIFFERENT!!! Wish more people realized that.

Here's the thing...alot of us ps4 only players have no intention of buying a switch (at least not now) so zelda release date does not matter to us...

Zackat

Fantastic game, about to hit my Platinum now and maybe dive into Gravity Rush 2 before my Switch arrives. Really, just thinking about the possibilities for a sequel is pretty exciting, this is a great new IP to work on, just don't play it safe GG, build upon this world with expansions and DLC, but really bring in the new gameplay ideas and innovate on the formula for the sequel. So much potential here.

Also, there was sooooo much concern for this game, think it was even popular as one of the flops of 2017. Gameplay wins guys...when a game gets praised for being fun, it's always more likely it'll turn out great.
A lot of L's in that flop thread for this game.

Good to hear. I'm only 50% done with the game but I've already been thinking about ways they could expand the story. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Catdaddy

Great job and great game GG..

Not surprised considering still a bunch on my friends list still playing the game (great for single layer only) and was sold out at Amazon US for about a week.

kvn

Deserved. Absolutely loving the game. Now, expand the gameplay and possibilities with world interaction in the DLC, please.

Top Bottom