• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dragon S2 |OT| Blood for Blood, Fire to Fire (no book discussion)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
SOwJCOG.jpeg

Airdates:

Episode 1: “A Son for a Son” — June 16

Episode 2: “TBA” — June 23

Episode 3: “TBA” — June 30

Episode 4: “TBA” — July 7

Episode 5: “TBA” — July 14

Episode 6: “TBA” — July 21

Episode 7: “TBA” — July 28

Episode 8: “TBA” (season finale) — August 4

Rules:

-When a new episode airs, do be courteous by contextualizing what you're talking about and/or using spoiler tags rather than dropping bombs right away, as people have different start times for episode availability. 24 hours or so from airdate, you can be more relaxed and assume people are caught up.

-Discussion of previews should be marked and spoiler tagged, as not everyone watches previews.

-No book discussion. Don't wink wink or nudge nudge. Put it in the book thread instead.

taizuke

Only 8 episodes? Bigger budget? Hopefully it's still a great season but i'm worried the story might come up short with 8. We'll see.

kikkis

Gold Member
Bit draggy in the middle and I think in the end they should have checked to be sure instead of taking the word.

Thaedolus

Assassins walking around with a torch feels a bit stupid…but overall I think it delivered.

And they recast Jacerys right? I mean I took an edible but somehow some other guy was talking to Jon Snow on the wall for a while there

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Dayam it's week by week... Ffs, that's me hoping out of this thread, I prefer the binge watch these shows over a couple of days, have fun gals

taizuke

And they recast Jacerys right? I mean I took an edible but somehow some other guy was talking to Jon Snow on the wall for a while there

Same actor. Is just that he's older.

But, i can see why it can be a bit jarring when in the span of Luke dying, his brother Jacearys came back a man... Must've been equivalent exchange. lol

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Good start to the season. Jacerys's actors change in appearance with age had me for a minute too.

BadBurger

The B&C scene made me laugh. Hilariously bad.
At least the new intro was sick and Aegon was fun to watch.
6/10

A few things bothered me this episode, that one the most, but thankfully it was overall good - not great. As a season opener it got stuff in motion.

Edit: I should add though, the scene became harrowing when you know what started to go down

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

I didn't notice a difference in lighting this first episode. Am I just forgetting how dark season one was?
There were DEFINITELY scenes in s1 where I, at least, couldn't see jack shit on screen other than some faint suggestions of motion. Particularly stuff on night time beaches or castle corridors. S2e1 is a distinct and welcomed improvement for me. Some of the daylight scenes looked fantastic (that ship pulled up on shore for careening, for example) while others had a bit of that false light "volume" look (Corlys and Alyn talking). But in general interiors were much better and you could watch dark scenes but still recognize characters and details.

AJUMP23

Watched the episode last night. I liked it, but we need less people and drama and more DRAGONS! I want people to burn and cities to be leveled. I want not even the rats to escape the dragon wrath.

In Westeros when a kid becomes king, they are all terrible people.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Thinking about watching hods2 when all the episodes are out, watching both Star Wars acolytes and hods2? Pick one btw I watched every GOT seasons.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Am I the only one who thought the ending was a bit silly? 2 murderers walk calmly and without any effort through the best secured castle without even seeing a guard after the throne room. And even when they find the children, they are in absolutely in no hurry.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Am I the only one who thought the ending was a bit silly? 2 murderers walk calmly and without any effort through the best secured castle without even seeing a guard after the throne room. And even when they find the children, they are in absolutely in no hurry.
I agree. The queen is taking care of her kids all by herself? She can run through a MILE of corridor and see no one?

I think they are gonna show that Aegon drinking with his lads (great scene, BTW) and Alicent bonking Cole (though was he clearly seen? I'm just assuming it was him) were huge laspses in judgement and both will over react out of guilt. They both thought they had this thing well in hand and.....nope, Touchable.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Didn't understand why the queen didn't start screaming to alert the guards once she got out of the room with her remaining child. And why did it seem like they were hacking away endlessly at that child in his bed. A few quick stabs right into the heart of the child and then they should have been running for their lives to get out of the castle. But they were in no hurry at all.

I thought so too but it might lead into a bit about how cristin left the floor empty on purpose so no one would notice him banging alicent

jason10mm

Gold Member
Didn't understand why the queen didn't start screaming to alert the guards once she got out of the room with her remaining child. And why did it seem like they were hacking away endlessly at that child in his bed. A few quick stabs right into the heart of the child and then they should have been running for their lives to get out of the castle. But they were in no hurry at all.
They needed to bring his head as proof.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They went out of there way to show the guards goofing off with Aegon and Cole getting off with Alicent.

There’s also the fact they just lost a good chunk of their guard.

Still a little silly but they explained it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's also to show how reckless Aegon is. The hubris.
Yeah next episode is a little predictable
- people pissed at Aegon for the guards goofing off, or he throws them under the bus
- people wondering where Cole was, maybe gimpfoot dude uses his knowledge of the fuckery as leverage more directly then the hint he gave in ep 1, possible everyone finds out and Aegon uses the whole thing to boot Alicent and Otto from the council and Gimpfoot becomes hand
- queen r pissed at daemon that he got the baby killed as she would never approve of that

Last edited:
One thing I didnt think made sense was Aemond being the first target. The entire castle was awake so they can assume aemond would be too. Did daemon think the rat catchers would have stood a chance fighting him?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is there any kind of "previously on House of the Dragon" in the first episode? Or does it jump straight into the new stuff? I need a refresher, more or less remember what happened on S1 but I've forgotten tons of stuff too.

BadBurger

One thing I didnt think made sense was Aemond being the first target. The entire castle was awake so they can assume aemond would be too. Did daemon think the rat catchers would have stood a chance fighting him?

Daemon knows that Aemond is their best sword - by far - has been instructed on the arts of war partially by himself, and is as driven as he is. He also knows that he is volatile, again like himself, and may pop off and do terrible things at a moment's notice. I personally think it makes perfect sense that Daemon would sic his assassins on him first.

Top Bottom