• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many here are PC only?

Do you only own a PC?

• PC only 🙅‍♂️

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • PC and all consoles

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • PC and PS5

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • PC and Xbox

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • PC and Switch

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Console pleb😭

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • I only use steam you Cunt! 😂

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

buenoblue

With all this talk of Xbox and PlayStation games on PC I was just curious if many here are PC only?

I've always been a multiplatform gamer and have had all the major platforms for the last 30 years (except series x, which is it's own problem😂😭)

I can't see many owning a gaming PC and not having a PS5 or xbox.

Though Xbox games being on PC gamepass day 1 made me not bother with an Xbox Series X. This is after buying multiple previous Xbox systems, which seems like how they got in this mess

demigod

With all this talk of Xbox and PlayStation games on PC I was just curious if many here are PC only?

I've always been a multiplatform gamer and have had all the major platforms for the last 30 years (except series x, which is it's own problem😂😭)

I can't see many owning a gaming PC and not having a PS5 or xbox.

Though Xbox games being on PC gamepass day 1 made me not bother with an Xbox Series X. This is after buying multiple previous Xbox systems, which seems like how they got in this mess
No PC and all except xbox option, what’s wrong with you?

Leonidas

PC and Xbox (for BC).

Had PS5 but sold it last month since every game I wanted on it appears to show up on PC if I wait long enough.

IAmRei

PC, PS5, Switch...
Planned to buy Xbox, but recent news these days, makes me dont want to buy Xbox anymore. As for PC, my unit is laptop, still can do for some games. And these few weeks are my main device.

PC and all consoles...

But most gaming done on:
Sony Ps5 GIF

KmkcKv8.png

Senua

Gold Member
PC only these days, console gaming kinda lost me during the 8th gen. And as consoles become more homogeneous with PC, I see fuck all reason to spend the money on one now.

GreatnessRD

I'm PC only now, but I still own a PS4 Pro, a Switch (That I don't use) and retro systems (PS2, 3, Sega, n64, etc) Never owned A Series X/S as it was never a need. Can't imagine ever buying a console again. Even if I want to play GT7 and MLB The Show so bad. :pie_lcry:

Alandring

PC (including Steam Deck), PlayStation 5 and Switch. But my game time is something like 85% on PC, 10% on PlayStation and 5% on Switch (especially since I have my Steam Deck).

Paasei

PC, Switch and Playstation. That is not an option in your poll. If it becomes common practice that PS games get ported to PC, I'll get rid of the PS5.

Denton

I have PS4 Pro but it hasn't been turned on since 2019, so PC only vote it is.
I have Steam Deck as well but that's still PC.

Last edited:

Xyphie

Other than Switch 2 I think I'm pretty much done with consoles. I'm not spending $500 on some anachronistic shitbox to play one exclusive game a year early and have it collect dust for 51/52 weeks of the year.

manzo

PC and Switch now.

PS5 in living room for 4k Blurays and finishing my backlog of JRPGs on it. Switch is in the kids' room for all of us to enjoy.

The PS5 stays for the odd random japanese exclusive that might (or if ever) arrives OR if the game is better enjoyed on a big screen, as I'm too lazy to drag the PC to the livingroom.

I've hooked up now my Dreamcast and SNES as main consoles in the living room. Dreamcast for playing Puzzle Bobble 4 with the girlfriend (the only game she loves to play) and SNES for my nostalgia trips.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Currently down to just PC and Ps5, having sold Series X and Switch. One because it’s pointless, and the other because I just don’t handheld game enough.

Am strongly thinking about also selling Ps5, as there isn’t enough coming out to justify keeping it, and I can always buy a Pro at some point down the line if/when that changes.

PC is fast becoming the only really decent option financially, and in terms of choice.

Bartski

Gold Member
I have a 7 year old PC that was never intended for gaming that I use for playing Steam demos. And a steam deck with some games for hotels and airports. So I guess it's both but still 99% gaming time on console

Durin

Pretty much just PC and Switch at this point. Everything on Xbox comes to PC, and now Sony is porting their stuff later down the line as well.

Nintendo also just puts out more games I like than the other 2 anyway, and I can take them with me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Voted PC only because my PS5 gets so little use I'm thinking of selling it.

Will be Switch 2 when it's out for sure though.

winjer

Gold Member
I have a PC and a Switch. But I lent my Switch to my nephew and my brother in law, so for the past couple of years, I have been only PC.

Hohenheim

PC and Nintendo right now. Sold my PS5 after FF7 remake since there's nothing exclusive there I need to play in a while.
Will probably get a PS5 Pro when Death Stranding 2 comes out, if that doesn't come to PC day 1.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Saying im PC and Switch is alittle disengenous......I so rarely use it that I legit forgot I gave it to my nephew over a month ago.
I went by my brothers house some time back and legit was like "isnt that mine?".
Theres basically no console games I need to play day and date, so i can wait for Sony ports, MS game come immediately so.......might as well just chill.
And yes I eventually finished The Callisto Protocol on PC.

So ticked PC only.

ToadMan

Just saying "gaming PC" isn't really getting to the core of the matter I think.

After all many games these days run on a potato PC so if you're using a laptop and integrated graphics and playing hour after hour of indies, does that make you a PC gamer? Most PCMR types talk about increased fidelity on the platform.

The problem is a PC capable of that increased fidelity is not what the vast majority of PC gamers actually have - according to steam, the users with PCs capable of matching the performance specs of a PS5 is a tiny percentage.

Personally I PC game mostly on a 3060 based laptop due to travel / convenience right now. But I wouldn't try and play a graphically intense game on it - I stick to older games, strategy titles and indies. Which is to me what PCs are for - I barely even play FPSs on PC anymore because I've become used to controllers.

But on this forum, that's not what people mean when they're talking about PC gaming vs consoles. The broad collection of PCs capable of running those consoles games effectively is around 2% of the PC gaming community going by steam. Of course people with high performance PCs are overrepresented on Gaf because it's a gaming forum.

So really the question becomes whether you have a high performance PC instead of or as well as consoles. Plenty of people will have a low performance PC that they could game on if they chose.

Last edited:

Lux R7

Pc only, couch setting.
I have a laptop for some older games i still play.
I had a ps4 for bloodborne back in the day, but not anymore.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I don't think I've touched a console in several years.
Unless you count using our old PS4 as a BluRay player.

There's just no reason to for me. AAA exclusives are mostly just movies with some mild gameplay strewn in to keep people awake. Games that I often prefer playing don't work well on controllers to begin with.
If I want to play console games, my PC can play almost all of them anyway through black magic.
And of course I like the fiddling around with hardware and software part of it as well.

GametimeUK

I can't do it, man. I find myself using console less and less, but they're convenient to have lying around especially for classic games or atrocious PC ports like Dead Space.

PC, PS5, Switch and a whole bunch of retro consoles even though I mainly play the 8- or 16-bit games. I don't see any reason to own an Xbox anymore, the Xbox 360 was amazing but I'm done with the PS360 generation.

Leonidas

The problem is a PC capable of that increased fidelity is not what the vast majority of PC gamers actually have - according to steam, the users with PCs capable of matching the performance specs of a PS5 is a tiny percentage.
20-series 2070 Super or higher is 2.57%
30-series 3060 Ti or higher is 11.1% (not including laptops)
40-series 4060 or higher is 10.63% (not including laptops)
AMD 6700 XT and higher is 2.3%

Add it all up and over 26.6% desktop users are on faster than console hardware. Its not a tiny percentage.

Also, over half of GPUs on Steam use RTX, which means over half of PC gamers have access to superior to console upscaling.

PCs with slower than console GPU like 2060 can still match consoles in some cases due to DLSS, and will destroy consoles if you talk about BC. Many PS4 games in BC on PS5 only run at 30 FPS. Even weak PC GPUs today can easily reach 60 in PS4 era games at PS4 settings.

nani17

are in a big trouble
My main is pc. I have a switch and PS5 but I play the switch more than ps5.

The PS5 is just gathering dust at this stage. In fact I play my retro consoles more than my PS5 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
PC only here. Last consoles for me were PS4 and Xbox One X. I also dont have a Switch but I will get a Switch 2 when its out.

MarkyG

PC only for me. Until I get whatever PlayStation is on offer next year. I'm not waiting for GTA VI to release on PC. I want to play it on launch. :)

Laptop1991

I'm PC only, always have been, i have never owned a console, i bought them for my kids, i think it was my path into gaming, i went through the 80's never wanting or owning a Sega, Nintendo or an Atari console and only got into gaming in 1990 via the Amiga/PC route, so I've always seen them as different, and prefer to be up close to a monitor with a mouse and keyboard instead of sitting on a sofa Infront of a TV with a controller.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Oddly, I’m PC and Switch, but I get equal use out of my Series S for games like NBA2K, Madden and even played Hellblade 2 on it.

Top Bottom