• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many here are PC only?

Do you only own a PC?

• PC only 🙅‍♂️

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • PC and all consoles

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • PC and PS5

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • PC and Xbox

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • PC and Switch

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Console pleb😭

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • I only use steam you Cunt! 😂

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

demonstr8

I have one but I don't use it for gaming anymore. One reason is having kids. Then. At one point it was crypto fucking prices and now it is AI doing it.

Ports are also so hit and miss - Remake being a good example but one of the most annoying was Dark Souls 3 stuttering on my PC that was about 2.5 times the cost of a PS4 at the time.

People say you can do more on a PC but a phone is a requirement for life ATM but a PC is not and is becoming more and more of a luxury and there isn't anything I would do on my PC that I can't do on my phone.

This is also a more opinion based point but I want a console I disconnect from the internet and put a disc in that i legally own and play it without having my all digital library banned from use for calling someone a tranny. Which I will always think is one of the most important things.

On a side note I think the likes of PSSR are really gonna increase the values of consoles in the next couple of years but I'll wait and see of course.

This is also a more opinion based point but I want a console I disconnect from the internet and put a disc in that i legally own and play it without having my all digital library banned from use for calling someone a tranny. Which I will always think is one of the most important things.
Funnily enough, ownership and access are two of the main reasons I ditched consoles. Physical games will disappear there eventually, just like they have on PC, and there are already physical games on consoles that require a day-one patch and can't be played using the disc alone. Stores won't stay up forever, hardware support will end sooner rather than later and it's highly uncertain how extensive backwards compatibility will be in future consoles.

Sure, I might lose access to my digital games on PC as well, but unless it's a multiplayer-only game (and in many cases even then) there's always a way to get your hands on any given game. I'm still playing MMOs that officially got shut down ages ago, and if I want to play No One Lives Forever 1 and 2 (which can't legally be bought anywhere) I can just download them from http://nolfrevival.tk/. Backwards compatibility also isn't guaranteed on PC, but at least it's an open platform and people are free to rectify that. Your old DOS games won't run on Windows 11? They'll run on DOSBox, which does run on Windows 11.

Overall, PC just feels safer to me.

Aion002

Playstation first, Xbox second and PC for games like Civilization and Age of Empires, which means... I play a lot on it... One more turn ad aeternum.

Nintendo....

No Way Smh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I think there are a lot of pc ALSO gamers on here that don't really talk about pc gaming because they don't have a 4090 and newest Ryzen cpu. That's a bad stigma with pc gamers that they are ashamed not to have the best hardware.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm currently everything and I see myself staying that way for this gen at least.

I'm leaning more and more PC which was always the lions share but I do like my comfy couch gaming.

We will have to see what sony and microsoft do next to tempt a future console purchase because I'm not feeling it right now. I don't turn my consoles on. Ps5 hasn't been on since October and spider man 2.

Quasicat

Gold Member
I had all of the current consoles and then bought a Steam Deck OLED in November. I then sold my PS5 as I didn’t use it for 6 months and I’m now questioning the Xbox as I only use it to play MLB the show, which I can also play on my Steam Deck through the cloud. I’m not sure if I will buy another console and will instead look into a full size gaming PC instead. Some of those gaming laptops are looking tempting.

Kazdane

Gold Member
Technically I'm PC+PS5, but my PS5 barely gets any use, I got it just to play FF XVI and Rebirth (I ended up playing also Ghost of Tsushima) but at the end of the day I always end up going back to PC. I have a huge backlog of games and I can use it for way more things than just gaming so it suits me much better than a console.

midnightAI

PS5 (include Portal on that even though it's just an accessories, but I use it a lot), Series S, Switch, and some light PC (not really powerful enough for top end games, works fine for ESO though)

BlackTron

Gold Member
As time goes on I skew more PC, but I'll never be PC only. Historically my main platforms have always been PC+Nintendo, it's the others that get cycled out. It's never more true than now because PC+Switch offers the most complementary features with the biggest spread of software.

Consoles have their uses. I'm not about to throw them away. I decided to buy two Ratchet & Clank games for PS3 last week because rather than attempt to download and emulate these on PC I just wanted to play Ratchet & Clank with no hitches (I missed out on these games). On the other hand also last week I found PC to completely transform one of my favorite old/bad games I keep a console around for (Sonic Adventure with LOTS of mods -holy shit).

New consoles have gotten meh though. I sold the Series X. I hardly want a PS5 anymore. The Series S and PS4Pro are sufficient to access my existing games/ecosystems and use as streaming boxes (I only have old dumb TVs lol). PS4 is only way to play Astro Bot VR, Series S has some titles trapped on 360 BC. They all have their aging and increasingly niche uses while PC gets more insane seemingly daily.

Last edited:
I call myself a pc 99%. I own 4 playstations, 3 nintendos and several emulation machines (and a nice tablet for when I bother), but realistically I only play on my pc. Been trying to resume my fire emblem 2 playthrough on the psp for months lol

Fabieter

Pc, switch and ps5. Let's see if that stays the way for next gen. Going by current climate its likely to switch 2 and pc.

Going by this thread and my own impressions. Ps6 sales gonna be real interesting;).

Topher

Gold Member
Primrarily PC/Steam Deck. Currently own an XSX. Sold my PS5 in anticipation of PS5 Pro being released this fall. A little bit of a gamble, but I have plenty of games until the Pro comes out.

Last edited:

captainpat

I would have said pc and switch but I play almost every switch game on emulator. The switch only gets dusted out to play multiplayer smash.

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
PS5, Switch, Quest3 and a Mac.
The best combo!
But that's not a combo. That's the whole product range of some stores :messenger_tears_of_joy:

OT: I'm PC only by accident rn. If Microsoft indeed is crazy enough to release a device that's open to Steam and other storefronts, I might replace my current HTPC in the living room with that thing.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I've always been PC-focused with the occasional console purchase here and there, but moving forward I see less and less appeal in owning new consoles.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
PC + all consoles. And it depends on what's released and for what, for example I spent like a week + playing sandland and Stella blade on my PS5 none stop, then back to helldiving on PC before returning for the FFXVI DLC and then back to PC for the Ghost of Tsushima DLC.

Where's mention of my Xbox or Switch? Well they just haven't had anything for awhile, but I do play them if something on gamepass or switch catches my eye.

hinch7

PC, PS5 and Switch. Only really play on PC. But the big exclusives I've played on PS5. Switch I've barely used.

Probably will cave in for a PS6 to play Naughty Dog's and Sucker Punch Productions next, next game plus GTA first.

Last edited:

AGRacing

My son has a switch .. and I’ll get him a Switch 2.

I HAD a PS5, Series X and PC.
But I just put the consoles up for sale and ordered an oled steam deck.

I MAY buy a PS5 Pro for GTA6 if I feel like it then.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I can't see many owning a gaming PC and not having a PS5 or xbox.
That would be me. With the PC on the living room and plugged to the TV there's not much need for consoles, unless you are crazy about playing their exclusives on day 1 (which I'm not)

rm082e

PC as my main and I own a PS5 that I almost never play. I don't see myself buying another console though. I'll just funnel that money into more upgrades for the PC.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I have a PS5 and a Switch but I’ve been almost entirely PC for the last year. Last console game I bought was Final Fantasy XVI and I wish I had just waited for the PC version.

And now that I have a Steam Deck OLED, the Switch is for Nintendo first party games only.

Only reason I haven’t sold the PS5 is because my kids use it for Roblox, Fortnite, and Hogwarts Legacy.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I am probably 50/50 desktop and steam deck at this point. Selling my ps5 next time gamestop has a good trade in deal because I simply do not use it. Switch 2 is day 1.

buenoblue

Many more PC only players than I thought 🤔. But judging by the Gaf age thread maybe because they are older and more monies 🤷‍♂️😂

Gaelyon

I love PC gaming, bought my first PC in the 90's and since then only do upgrades, I really like build a PC piece by piece. Last month I've finally got a 4080S to replace my old 2070S And an Oled monitor.
But then I also do love my Playstation consoles, and bought all PS since PS1. A few Nintendo also, but PS is a no brainer.
So 50% PC, 50% Playstation, 100% gamer ^^

Last edited:

Reckheim

PC and PS but if Sony ever releases their games day and date on PC i'll drop PlayStation all together. I don't forsee that happening anytime soon tho.

Pretty much PC only at this point.

Had a PS5 but sold it because I really only played PS exclusives. Now I just wait until they come to PC.

Have an XSX that I haven't turned on in probably six months, I bought it for backwards compatible games that don't work well on emulation.

I am getting there. PC and PS5 but this is going to be my last console I think. I don't even touch the PS5 for gaming that much so PC all the way from here on in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom