• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I met a fellow GAFfer today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm living with the girlfriend of a gaffer next year, he doesnt know I'm on here.

I met a gaffer on a train who was going to pax east.

At FF symphony in London I saw the GAF meet zone. I walked by.

Also met someone in real life who said "sony pony"

Jel44

Banned
I'm living with the girlfriend of a gaffer next year, he doesnt know I'm on here.

I met a gaffer on a train who was going to pax east.

At FF symphony in London I saw the GAF meet zone. I walked by.

Also met someone in real life who said "sony pony"

Would it be bad if he knew you were (I most likely wouldn't say anything unless he figured it out)?

Also what's a sony pony.

I may have met a few gaffers but no evidence to prove it to myself. Hopefully during a NYC meet up, I'll get to know some gaffers.

Go_Ly_Dow

Would it be bad if he knew you were (I most likely wouldn't say anything unless he figured it out)?

Also what's a sony pony.

I may have met a few gaffers but no evidence to prove it to myself. Hopefully during a NYC meet up, I'll get to know some gaffers.

My mistake. He does know I'm on here but not usernames!

Met him through her and noticed he was a big gamer so just said "I bet you're on NeoGAF" he replied with "yeah I have an account on there" and then we then agreed not to exchange usernames.

Qasiel

A guy I used to work with is a gaffer and he introduced me to GAF before he left to live in Japan.

Also, I got one of my friends to join and she is now BritGAF's Mum.
she also got her account validated a day before me

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Huh, lots of SoFL GAF here. Reminds me that I was meaning to ask in the FL-GAF thread if anyone was going to the VG Live concert in Miami next week.

On-topic, I've met quite a few GAFfers in my time. Many that have since left the forum, in fact. Lived with a couple. Saw two of them get married to each other. Flew to a nearby country to meet one for the first time and go to his wedding (which I missed due to a flight delay).

Very few locals though aside from ZeroRay, who I met the one time circa Wrestlemania, and Mzo a ton of times (saw him last night, actually).

Dennis

Banned
I dream I will one day be walking down the street and suddenly someone shouts out "Hey, you are Dennis from NeoGAF!"

It was Log4Girlz. I always wanted to meet him/her, and through undisclosed means I determined I was going to be near his/her place of employment today. I patiently waited outside with my girlfriend and we shook hands and had a brief chat. I have to say, Log4Girlz is a great person.

i'm the only one reading this as stalkerish?

NinjaBoiX

i'm the only one reading this as stalkerish?
I dunno, it seems a bit weird that they didn't at least grab a beer or something, maybe they didn't have the time. But to be fair, if I was in a gaffers hometown that I was pals with and all there was time for was a quick hello I'd still go meet them.

Especially for Logz.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I dream I will one day be walking down the street and suddenly someone shouts out "Hey, you are Dennis from NeoGAF!"
I hope this happens to me one day. I mean, I'm pretty easy to spot in a crowd. And my face is all over gaf

I work with a gaffer, but I don't know his username, and he doesn't know mine. He apparently doesn't post... like at all. So I guess it doesn't count.

I'm in Perth, Australia. Not sure if there has been/ever will be a PerthGAF meetup. :(

All true Gaffers carry Katana, senpai.

tumblr_inline_mornn09f5j1rz445t.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I hang out regularly with a fellow gaffer. I've known him since before any of us signed up, but it's still something, right?

I've met a pretty large amount of gaf in the last few years. One of my exes is a gaffer. That's actually how I ended up joining. My current boyfriend, robertM is also a gaffer, it's actually how we met.

As for gaf meetups, I've probably met about 30-45 gaffers. Robertm and I go to all the pax east meetups, I usually organize one of those nights for the meetups. The last day of pax east 2014, we had about 10 gaffers over and watched Over the Top.
I also have met a few of TinyChatGaf as well as GirlGaf.

As for boston gaf meetup, I've been meaning to organize something, but I've been pretty busy the last year or so with graduate school.

Aside from a couple of assholes here and there, all of y'all have been really awesome people to meet.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've met more Gaffers than anyone...!
Except EviLore?
My dream of meeting Log4Girlz has not yet been realized, though. ;_;
I'm like a real life gaf rolodex at this point. Jasonng's words.
It's probably in triple digits now.
I also met a lot qaffers when I lived in the Bay Area. Disgusting creatures, especially
AcridMeat
what a horrible person.
BayGAF were pretty cool.
AcridMeat
is consistently the worst gaffer to meet in person.
I've met about 20-30 gaffers through various meets. All cool bar one or two dickheads.
97pZQLI.gif

I met Jipan and Baroness at Comic Con last year. Nice people. I was dead tired by the time I found Baroness's booth that all that's on my mind was to sit down. Both of them are really tall compared to me. I have pictures, but they didn't turn out too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom