• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2024. 240 Hz OLEDs, PCI-Gen5, Path Tracing & Ray Reconstruction.

Nankatsu

Please don't use UserBenchmark. That site is complete trash.

The reason why it says it is not compatible, is because that motherboard uses DDR5. Not DDR4.
Since you are going with a 7800X3D, a 6000 Mbps kit is enough.

Also, I would for that price of GPU, I would rather go with a 4070 Super. It costs around 650€
Has lower performance in rasterization. But superior performance in ray-tracing. And it has DLSS, the best upscaler in the market. And has lower power usage.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to gather up the prices for each component on Amazon business in order to see the final price.

The monitor you suggest for example I can snag it for 315 € with free shipping 😁

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Assuming AMD talks all about Zen 5 at computex next week, when do you think they would launch? This fall is more likely than the end of the month, right?

edit: nevermind, I see they're rumored to be out sometime in July

Last edited:

Nankatsu

So I've come up with this build, considering mostly the opinions I got around here and after also talking with some friends that are more up to date with the hardware market.

What do you guys think? Would you change anything? I'm stretching myself a bit probably, because I'm way off my 1000 € PC mark.

Through Amazon business the current cost for this build sits around 1559 €.

I could get it lower if I bought the monitor later down the road, which would dropped the total value to something like 1220 €. Still 220 € off-target.

Where could I cut more without making the build worse?

Also, I still don't have any idea about the case though.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
So I've come up with this build, considering mostly the opinions I got around here and after also talking with some friends that are more up to date with the hardware market.

What do you guys think? Would you change anything? I'm stretching myself a bit probably, because I'm way off my 1000 € PC mark.

Through Amazon business the current cost for this build sits around 1559 €.

I could get it lower if I bought the monitor later down the road, which would dropped the total value to something like 1220 €. Still 220 € off-target.

Where could I cut more without making the build worse?

Also, I still don't have any idea about the case though.

Any suggestions?

How soon are you hoping to build? If you wait a month, the new AMD CPUs will be out and you could either opt for one of those or get the 7800X3D for a likely cheaper price.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

How soon are you hoping to build? If you wait a month, the new AMD CPUs will be out and you could either opt for one of those or get the 7800X3D for a likely cheaper price.
It's doable yeah. I'm aiming to build the PC during summer, likely between July-August.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Update on PC build:

I've switched the CPU and Storage a bit, in order to fix the budget at 1500€ with a monitor already included, which will probably be an AOC Q27G3XMN 27.0" 2560 x 1440 180 Hz, putting the curved one aside.

I was also checking the 7800 XT vs 7900 GRE, but from what I could gather the 7900 GRE has the upperhand so, let's leave it at that.

The build is probably pretty much finished. Won't buy right away, so probably, if I'm lucky, some things decrease prices until then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom