• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Nintendo ever decided to port a game to Steam like Playstation is doing... what would you choose?

LordBritish

Nintendo did release a few games on PC in the 90's... "Mario Teaches Typing" for example... you can even play it online right here:

The reality of this happening is probably about 1%, but I would instabuy Metroid Dread in a heartbeat if they threw it on steam.

What would you like to see?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Mario Kart... Tour

i win black mirror GIF by NETFLIX

Robb

Gold Member
Prettty much all the heavy hitters. I could do without stuff like 1-2 Switch or LABO, for example. But I’d be perfectly happy to see everything else.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not happening, but even if they did decide to dip a toe into PC waters, it'd be their own launcher and old games would cost an absolute fortune - as they already do on their own platforms.

Would throw money at them for day-and-date PC but that's just never happening, they play their own game.

Holammer

If I had one choice, it would be "Splatoon PC", which would be Splatoon 3 including remastered story campaigns from 1&2. I think it would sell gangbusters on PC, even shitkicking Helldivers 2's sales numbers.

It's such a complete package with Singleplayer, PVE & PVP, it's almost criminal to let it languish on Switch (& WiiU).

JCK75

They should make a new Splatoon game and make it multiplatform (for a larger, longer lasting player base).
but fuck.. while I like splatoon they beef it up... like a live rotation of a decent selection of maps.

GametimeUK

Not happening, but even if they did decide to dip a toe into PC waters, it'd be their own launcher and old games would cost an absolute fortune - as they already do on their own platforms.

Would throw money at them for day-and-date PC but that's just never happening, they play their own game.
So what would you choose?

Zannegan

Gold Member
For me? Kid Icarus: Uprising. Game was made for mouselike controls, and PC is a platform where more niche games can find dedicated fanbases that keep their multiplayer alive for years.

For good business sense? Splatoon.

Either way, if they do ever launch a game on Steam, I'm sure they'll Monkey's Paw it by requiring a subscription for online play, and the outrage will be incredible.

Alternatively, bringing their entire retro catalogue up through the Gamecube to the table would be cool and might make them a decent chunk of change. They'd probably prefer to keep them as subscription rewards though.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
At this point i'm pretty sure all the emulated stuff surparsses anything Nintendo would ever do on PC.

But i guess a Xenoblade Chronicles X with working Co-op.

LordOfChaos

Easily Tears of the Kingdom, as much as Nintendo fans say they don't need power because of art style, they're just wrong, the whole time playing it I wished it was in better resolution and with better AA/AF filtering

Sokka

I think if Nintendo decides to enter the PC market, they would offer their games through a cloud gaming service.

Nintendo is very protective of their brand so not giving file access by going the cloud route only would offer more control and protection.

Merkades

If I am limited to one series, then Xenoblade. I have only played the first 2 (that is to say 1 and X), but they were pretty great. Nothing does exploration like that, at least that I am aware of.

REDRZA MWS

Steam all day every day, and gladly. I’ve forgotten about Nintendo since they stopped caring about putting out capable hardware.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Easily Tears of the Kingdom, as much as Nintendo fans say they don't need power because of art style, they're just wrong, the whole time playing it I wished it was in better resolution and with better AA/AF filtering
Power isn't important because of realistic graphics- it's important because of performance. No one wants a realistic zelda but everyone would love a 4k 120FPS Zelda. Just how it is

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If you want to play them online Emulation isn't gonna cut it. and 3 of their biggest IP are online only/enhanced games (Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon)
Don't be so sure about that! Later versions of emulators allow for online play. Tried it with Monster Hunter GU and it seemed to work great, although I dunno if it works for all games tho.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Don't be so sure about that! Later versions of emulators allow for online play. Tried it with Monster Hunter GU and it seemed to work great, although I dunno if it works for all games tho.
I mean connecting to Nintendo servers and playing with other Nintendo people. Like of course emulators are gonna have online play with other emulator users- that's a really limited pool of people though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I mean connecting to Nintendo servers and playing with other Nintendo people. Like of course emulators are gonna have online play with other emulator users- that's a really limited pool of people though.
Not sure I want to play with those "Nintendo people"... :goog_relieved:

Nah just kidding. And yeah, you are right, the pool is quite limited but I think it's cool the feature exists. Those multiplayer modes will still be playable even after Nintendo pulls the plug on the servers.

BlackTron

Gold Member
People in here talking about how Nintendo would do it, if they did it. I mean, a Nintendo putting games on PC would be a completely different Nintendo from the one we have today so why try to guess how they would handle the launcher or whatever based on past behavior.

Based on past behavior, the ports aren't coming.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Can't think of a single Nintendo game that I'd want on PC. It would just feel wrong not playing on Nintendo hardware.

Top Bottom