• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Nintendo ever decided to port a game to Steam like Playstation is doing... what would you choose?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It’s nice to dream. I can’t see it happening anytime soon though .

This exact wish helped to create doom.

Personally, I DO THINK THIS HAPPENS SOON!

Games like Bayonetta, marvel ultimate alliance 3 both make sense to me!

Also games like Brain Training, Pokémon Unite makes sense.

Maybe even a niche game like Fzero GX with Cross play should be discussed.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
It’s nice to dream. I can’t see it happening anytime soon though .

This exact wish helped to create doom.
With their push on Mobile, I think releases on PC might be inevitable for them.

I think it will start with some MP game, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Animal Crossing etc.

Their push on mobile never stopped people from buying their handhelds btw.

Pokemon Go has like 80 million users and made them like $200 million a month. So.....their is to make money, if they find the right IP, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart etc, they'll do some PC, Switch 2, Mobile phone type release to get that massive payday (or...pay days as it will be many lol)

Shifty1897

You want the company that is so protective of their games they won't add in VOICE CHAT to go to an open platform where users can MOD in genitalia onto Pokemon AND make substantially less money per game sale?

Nintendo would rather go out of business than release on PC.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

35R2Kea.jpeg

And I don’t mean for the creative mod scene.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The only nintendo game i enhoyed in the past years, zelda tokt.

The framerate in that game goes into the shitter the more you play.

BlackTron

Gold Member
The only nintendo game i enhoyed in the past years, zelda tokt.

The framerate in that game goes into the shitter the more you play.

You know what, I played this on my main Switch while getting a modded one ready to run it at 60FPS, but by the time I was ready to do it, I realized it was too much work to restart the game which (while still good) wasn't nearly as much better than BOTW than I thought.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
You know what, I played this on my main Switch while getting a modded one ready to run it at 60FPS, but by the time I was ready to do it, I realized it was too much work to restart the game which (while still good) wasn't nearly as much better than BOTW than I thought.
I thought it was much better than botw but still deeply flawed and not even close to a 10\10.

Pejo

With emulation being a thing for years now and N64 games getting decompiled for native PC versions, I'm not sure what I need from Nintendo. If they decide to start doing day and date ports, cool, otherwise I'll pick up collections of classic games but I hope they don't think I'll pay $30+ for individual SNES games that probably use emulated code anyways.

BlackTron

Gold Member
I thought it was much better than botw but still deeply flawed and not even close to a 10\10.

I had major issues with BOTW but I am not that averse to the concept of replaying it.

TOTK is a major upgrade in tons of areas, but also adds way way too much stuff I never want to do more than once again. The physics-based gameplay is very impressive, but it means that you are constantly going through the hassle of making Legos with a controller, which is cool but not the most exciting Zelda experience to replay.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I had major issues with BOTW but I am not that averse to the concept of replaying it.

TOTK is a major upgrade in tons of areas, but also adds way way too much stuff I never want to do more than once again. The physics-based gameplay is very impressive, but it means that you are constantly going through the hassle of making Legos with a controller, which is cool but not the most exciting Zelda experience to replay.
Yeah, the fact that all the cars, bikes etc. You make with superhand are super physics based means that unless you are super precise and a fucking car builder in real life, you are gonna have bad times with traversal in that game, i followed a guide to build something because i'm shit with this stuff but even a mistake of a millimiter can traduce in a car that doesn't even run straight.

It's equally impressive and fucking annoying.

Still, i take a car that doesn't run straight over the dogshit horse of these games, probably the worse horse i ever used in any open world game of recent memory.

Last edited:

Boralf

Super Smash Bros (Melee?) and Mario Kart ofcourse, with working multiplayer that would be amazing. There really aren't any big comparative games on pc like those I think, and most of the multiplayer in the older entries of those games is pretty much dead.

Last edited:

SHA

Idk, plenty of them for sure, it isn't small and the average value for each are usually above their counterparts.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
My initial instinct wants Zelda ToTk, but my brain tells me all the xenoblade games would be better.

If they wanted to go “slow”, they could just do third party exclusives like Bayonetta 2 & 3 which are trapped on the switch.

It would not be a big hitter like Mario, Pokemon (normal games), Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, Animal Crossing etc.

I could see any of the following as a test game:

Pokemon Unite
Bayonetta trilogy
Xenoblade
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

The only Mario game I could see is if the Mario & Sonic Olympics or Mario & Sonic World Cup type of game.

The last caveat, is *IF* Nintendo wanted to release a game on ALL Platforms and mobile. I could see a “99” game coming with a monthly subscription fee. Tetris 99 or Fzero 99. Something like that, I could see that on every platform.

DE agreed, 2 and 3 are animu thrash.

Fight Me Lets Go GIF by Mr. Paradise
I cannot put it into words but Monolith's battle systems appeal to me on a deeper level. Yeah 2 is anime thrash and the fan service is too much for me, but I put up with it for the gameplay, which is truly unique. I would love other developers try their hand at making gameplay systems like the XB games.

Holammer

I cannot put it into words but Monolith's battle systems appeal to me on a deeper level. Yeah 2 is anime thrash and the fan service is too much for me, but I put up with it for the gameplay, which is truly unique. I would love other developers try their hand at making gameplay systems like the XB games.
Anime trash and fan service you say? hmmm

31cit.gif

There's only one correct answer:

15c77b5b574ec74145f925e7081f0987.jpg
That one is actually within the realms of possibility. Nintendo could eventually allow Platinum to publish it themselves like they did with The Wonderful 101, another game funded & published by Nintendo.

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
Xenoblade 2, so someone could make a mod to fix the Blades' names terrible localization choices.
Or is there such a thing for the emulated version already?

~edit: well I'll be, someone actually did...

Last edited:

Holammer

Xenoblade 2, so someone could make a mod to fix the Blades' names terrible localization choices.
Or is there such a thing for the emulated version already?

Mods, there's a few. This one might be what you're looking for?

Sentenza

Is there any reason pc people don't just buy the switch game dump it and play on emu at much better performance?
Given the option, native code is always preferable to emulating stuff, as you can get some (or WAY better) performances at a fraction of the computational power/energy consumption.

Last edited:

darth.shrimp

Gold Member

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Is Mario Galaxy still unavailable for download on the Switch? If so, that.
I have Mario Galaxy on Switch through Mario 3D Allstars. It doesn't play so good using gyro or the touch-screen for the pointer.

A Wii remote with IR aiming is essencial..

Last edited:
I have Mario Galaxy on Switch through Mario 3D Allstars. It doesn't play so good using gyro or the touch-screen for the pointer.

A Wii remote with IR aiming is essencial..
:(
Your probly right, Maybe controller in one hand and a mouse in the other? Awkward gameplay for sure.

Top Bottom