• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you liked the dialogue and humor in Borderlands 2, and hated it in Borderlands 3, what do you think of it Wonderlands?

What's that got to do with a writer being "feminist. . .?" And who is this writer you have in mind? Honestly you seem to be doing more than a few ass-pulls in this thread informed by nothing more than perceived "cultural boogie-mens" hiding in your "vidya games."

Well, the story is pretty much a feminist's wet dream. Nothing but one could write such an atrocity. Whether thats true or not, it doesn't change the fact that the writing is an absolute trash-tier. I have nothing against well-written female characters, such as Aloy for example. I have everything against making women look like complete idiots in games, which is what Borderlands 3 does.

Fuz

Banned
Are you fucking dumb? It takes one quick google. Randy Pitchford didnt make the game so ofc he's a fucking idiot. Both games run on the same engine, Unreal Engine 3.

Good job looking like a dumb-ass.

Fuz Fuz , no you're wrong.
No man, the gunplay is very different. The feeling is very different. In BL1 aiming is generally harder, they have more "weight" and (I think) there's less assistance. Going back from BL2 straight to BL1 is quite challenging. The Cobra in BL1 (citing this one 'cause it was my favourite weapon) had a total different feeling, and it was ruined in BL2. Maybe there were less weapon combinations, but I'm not sure it was a bad thing.
It's also quite interesting going through the various manufacturers pieces and their properties and how they impacted even estabilished weapons. It was more noticeable in BL1 - again, maybe because there were less combinations.

I'm not even saying one is better than the other, they both have merit and it's a matter of taste, but they are very different.

I’m enjoying the story a lot more, it’s more grounded the characters than the villains of 3.

Also the Murphs quest was a thing of beauty

No man, the gunplay is very different. The feeling is very different. In BL1 aiming is generally harder, they have more "weight" and (I think) there's less assistance. Going back from BL2 straight to BL1 is quite challenging. The Cobra in BL1 (citing this one 'cause it was my favourite weapon) had a total different feeling, and it was ruined in BL2. Maybe there were less weapon combinations, but I'm not sure it was a bad thing.
It's also quite interesting going through the various manufacturers pieces and their properties and how they impacted even estabilished weapons. It was more noticeable in BL1 - again, maybe because there were less combinations.

I'm not even saying one is better than the other, they both have merit and it's a matter of taste, but they are very different.

I mean if we're talking about animations and such yes I guess Borderlands 2 feels more arcadey than the first while the first has a raw/jank to it I guess. Difficulty yes, first is harder in 1st playthrough vs 1st playthrough but BL2 gets better with each new playthrough, and ultimately harder. But anyway, besides that, most weapons in BL2 are built from the first game, you can see a lot of basic weapons from the second are pretty much from the first game but ported to feel more arcadey/unique/sci-fi'ish with their stats tuned up to eleven. I've heard a lot of ppl say what you're saying because their favorite weapon is not the same as it used to be in the first game, feels different etc, but it's mostly cuz they just went nuts on their stats and I think thats mostly due to elemental stuff they had to add/change and bullet speed. They did not make all the weapons in bl2 from the ground up.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Yeah enjoying the dialogue and stuff in Wonderlands much more than B3. It's just unabashed silliness and doesn't feel as tryhard as B3. I don't even remember much of B2, honestly.

BlakeofT

I've listened to about 5 words of the story. They blabber endlessly. So much so that I'd never get to talk to my friend if we actually paid attention.

wtf are you even talking about? Jesus, did anyone here actually play the games? We went from opinions to straight-up ignoring facts lmfao. Need more proof or what? Here ya go https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/borderlands-2
I’m taunting you for your inability to differentiate your opinions from facts. Perhaps I quoted the wrong post of yours to do so. The engine has nothing to do with this. Your opinions on which games are “factually” better are factually subjective.

I’ve played all the games besides the Telltale one, by the way.

I’m taunting you for your inability to differentiate your opinions from facts. Perhaps I quoted the wrong post of yours to do so. The engine has nothing to do with this. Your opinions on which games are “factually” better are factually subjective.

I’ve played all the games besides the Telltale one, by the way.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better.

zaanan

Banned
Are you fucking dumb? It takes one quick google. Randy Pitchford didnt make the game so ofc he's a fucking idiot. Both games run on the same engine, Unreal Engine 3.

Good job looking like a dumb-ass.

Fuz Fuz , no you're wrong.
Holy shit, what an insufferable asshole.

FYI. BL1 was made with (more or less) vanilla UE3, whereas BL2&TPS were made with a heavily-modified UE3.5 that Gearbox called Willow. It takes a special breed of arrogant for some rando to think he knows a game better than the guy in charge of the game. And you call me a dumbass? What a fucking cunt.

Anyway, this is really about you stating that it is a “fact” that BL2 is better than BL1, and not having the decency or common sense to admit that is your opinion. There are plenty of people out there, including on this forum, who disagree.

I will never understand people like you who get so butthurt and obnoxious over an opinion different than your own. Grow the fuck up.

Holy shit, what an insufferable asshole.

FYI. BL1 was made with (more or less) vanilla UE3, whereas BL2&TPS were made with a heavily-modified UE3.5 that Gearbox called Willow. It takes a special breed of arrogant for some rando to think he knows a game better than the guy in charge of the game. And you call me a dumbass? What a fucking cunt.

Anyway, this is really about you stating that it is a “fact” that BL2 is better than BL1, and not having the decency or common sense to admit that is your opinion. There are plenty of people out there, including on this forum, who disagree.

I will never understand people like you who get so butthurt and obnoxious over an opinion different than your own. Grow the fuck up.

Both are the same engine, whether one is an improved version of the other your point failed. People in charge of games almost never have anything to do with its development process. Basic common knowledge also theres is no one on the planet that does not think Randy Pitchford is a dumb-ass. Don't let the word "facts" scare you when you go to sleep. Peace.

Kimahri

Banned
The writing in this game is so piss poor I'm close to putting it down. And what's with having you stand around do nothing while the asinine characterd finish their endless monologues before the quest marker will show up, telling you where to go?

I wonder what the hiring process at gearbox is like. Do they even care about new hirees having any actual skill?

Lunarorbit

Didn't play 3 but so far I enjoy the humor in tiny tina. Wish the multiplayer worker cause that was the reason I bought it at launch. Pretty pissed about that

zaanan

Banned
Both are the same engine, whether one is an improved version of the other your point failed. People in charge of games almost never have anything to do with its development process. Basic common knowledge also theres is no one on the planet that does not think Randy Pitchford is a dumb-ass. Don't let the word "facts" scare you when you go to sleep. Peace.
What are you, twelve? That’s like saying GoldSrc is the same as Quake engine, which it is based on. Something is not so just because you think it’s so. You don’t listen worth a damn, neither do you use your brain at all, so there is no value in ever seeing anything you say ever again. Bye.

What are you, twelve? That’s like saying GoldSrc is the same as Quake engine, which it is based on. Something is not so just because you think it’s so. You don’t listen worth a damn, neither do you use your brain at all, so there is no value in ever seeing anything you say ever again. Bye.

Its not similar at all to your example, are you simply that daft? You clearly havent played them, and dealt wih their issues which have the exact same fixes, in all UE3 games(textures loading, stutters fixes, basically core issues of UE3), hours spent on modifying their configs. If you have, it just makes you look even dumber. Good luck.

chaseroni

The modifications made to UE3 for BL2 are very much felt tbh, and I personally didn't like them either.
It also has a really weird scoping-lag issue in multiplayer that isn't present in vanilla BL1. (edit: at least it did 2 years ago when I tried to play BL2 and TPS and they both had the same damn problem.)

BL1 tha goat but I'm interested in this game, I like the voice cast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom