• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ignorant Forbes Contributor: Some Fake News about Nintendo and Hori

Status
Not open for further replies.
so $70 for their pro controller, $70 for their memory cards, $70 for their joy cons, weak launch lineup, $300 for the console? I can't see this console being a huge success for Nintendo. Everything seems unnecessarily expensive for what's on offer.

Edit: oh it's false news then bout the cards? Got scared for a moment.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Follow me on Twitter and on Facebook. Pick up my sci-fi novels, The Last Exodus, The Exiled Earthborn and The Sons of Sora, which are now in print, online and on audiobook.

Seems like a legit forbes article tho..

Contributor xD

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Pokémon GO'
I Have Finally Figured Out 'Nearby' Tracking In 'Pokémon GO'
'Flappy Bird' Creator Says He's Taking The Game Down
Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Fallout 4'
'Pokémon GO's New 'Sightings' Feature Is A Tracking Fix That Actually Works [Update]

He made some great articles tho!

lindseybp

This is literally false news!
The official price of the 32GB Hori-card is 3,758Yen.

The article is stupid clickbait by someone who simply looked at Amazon.co.jp and either doesn't understand how Amazon Marketplace works, or deliberately ignored it so he can make a clickbait-headline for fanboys who don't read articles.

I should have known. Forbes is such a shitty website anymore, just trying to ride the wave from the time decades ago when they were respectable. Thanks for the info.

Sandfox

Forbes being Forbes.

so $70 for their pro controller, $70 for their memory cards, $70 for their joy cons, weak launch lineup, $300 for the console? I can't see this console being a huge success for Nintendo. Everything seems unnecessarily expensive for what's on offer.

Edit: oh it's false news then bout the cards? Got scared for a moment.

Even if it were true you can still use any card you want.

Effect

So the Forbes writer made a mistake? That's crazy.

Nintendo Everything is the one that made the mistake first though. The Forbes contributor is just retelling what they found and linked to them. NE have the Amazon link on their article. Neither one however mentions a press release from any official source. Neither one seems to have noticed they linked to a third party reseller either.

SalvaPot

This is literally false news!
The official price of the 32GB Hori-card is 3,758Yen.

The article is stupid clickbait by someone who simply looked at Amazon.co.jp and either doesn't understand how Amazon Marketplace works, or deliberately ignored it so he can make a clickbait-headline for fanboys who don't read articles.

Oh boy, title change? This is the kind of stuff I have to e-mail Forbes to make sure their contributors don't post false info. Its just embarrassing.

But guys, they prevent digital leakage.

Once again, still want to know what the read/write speeds and capacity is for the physical versions of the Switch's games will be.

Crazyorloco

All companies do this. Don't fall for it.

Just checked the price though...it's normal priced, it's just that a third party is selling it for more. Forbes is incorrect.

guek

Banned
Kinda shitty to people who wouldn't know any better but I don't know who you should blame, Nintendo for being greedy or the customer for either buying something they can't afford or not properly doing the bare minimum research before the purchase. It's not like Nintendo is pretending you have to use this overpriced money grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom