• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Skeff

Ok, I'm gonna be real with everyone as I came to this conclusion 2 days ago when the shit hit the fan about GHOST running like crap on both systems.

The reason's minus poor tools/ESRAM limits that the xbox looking crappy along with the possibly higher res'd PS4, is because of bad game/Engine optimization.

Let's take a look at this Big turd of unoptimized mess on pc:
Specs according to Steam;

Those are Minimum specs! 6GB of freaking RAM for a old ass engine with modifications?
40GB of HD space for a shooter?
GTS 450, or HD 5870 for GPU? Those can run most demanding games at medium settings, that look 2-3x better than GHOSTS.

Look at previous entry which was actually Optimized correctly:

Black Ops 2:
Steam;

The difference is fucking Staggering isn't it? AND Black Ops 2 ran DX 11, just doesn't say that in Minimum spec page, main page discloses that information.

I am going to call this one more on Activision, than Microsoft, even though we have proof of the down sampled resolutions on most of their games.

Just my explanation, Don't flame me!

If this has already been brought to light, let me know.

You'd have more of a point if we didn't have games like Killer Instinct and Powerstar Golf both published my Microsoft and both at 720p.

I am getting both systems at launch and will still get the XB1 version even if this is true. Most of my friends play on XBL and are getting a XB1 I know 2-3 people IRL getting a PS4 and they never play online anything with me on PS3.

Could care less what native res is. It will be upscaled and I play games not count pixels count.

spannicus

Still getting a 1 but damn Microsoft this makes purchasing 3rd party games a no brainer. Titanfall to be the same I guess which sucks. Not so much counting pixels just sucks that the games are gonna be 720p.

I am getting both systems at launch and will still get the XB1 version even if this is true. Most of my friends play on XBL and are getting a XB1 I know 2-3 people IRL getting a PS4 and they never play online anything with me on PS3.

Could care less what native res is. It will be upscaled and I play games not count pixels count.
I can't not stare at your username.

I keep trying not to, but nope, there I go again.

You coined the "Typical twitter tough guy" accusation. There was nothing even close to it during that exchanged. Seemed pretty civil to me.

Albert's response in that twitter exchange is what's getting people to condemn Mortimer. Albert's a big boy, I'm sure he'll be fine

Dont get why so many people are protecting Albert. He's a grown man and he chose to come here to do some PR for the Xbox One. When you do that you open yourself up to criticism if your shit smells bad. You can't just expect everyone to just eat up everything you have to say and be quiet like good little sheep. Like they say, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

If you can't talk about resolution then do exactly that, DON'T. Don't come in here and spout off some "it looks f'n good" nonsense and then get mad when people call you on it. People would have respected it so so much more if you just simply responded with "I can't talk about it, any other questions for me? Maybe I can answer something else."

This is spot on

Amir0x

Banned
COD is confirmed by mortimer and Cboat for that matter to be 720p on XB1 and 1080p on PS4

Mort let drop today that BF4 looks to be 1080p on PS4 and we're not yet sure what it will be on XB1

I am pretty sure Battlefield guys want to beat the Call of Duty guys, so maybe they can fight to the death for a better resolution!

I can't not stare at your username.

I keep trying not to, but nope, there I go again.

image.php

netBuff

Resolution differences are very noticeable, even without "pixel counting". We've been playing upscaled games for years now.

Serious question - is there a single feature in this game that they are touting as Next-Gen (even if it's bullshit)? Or is it literally just a slightly better looking version of the current gen version?

I am pretty sure Battlefield guys want to beat the Call of Duty guys, so maybe they can fight to the death for a better resolution!

Ha yeah probably I certainly think DICE wants to put out the best experience possible on every platform they work on. Hopefully the XB1 version will be at least 900p but have a feeling 720p is more likely

Still good obviously but it is next gen in 2013 :(

Wurdfurd

It amazes me how many people see the title, and then start posting without reading the OP or at least a few pages. There shouldn't be posts asking if PS4 Ghosts is confirmed 1080 or posts talking about the 'rumors'. Get informed if you plan on posting.

Serious question - is there a single feature in this game that they are touting as Next-Gen (even if it's bullshit)? Or is it literally just a slightly better looking version of the current gen version?

No it sounds improved for COD but nothing next gen. It's native 1080p! is that next gen enough for you :)

Others? Hmmmm

There's rumors around that BF4 is 1080 on PS4 and 720/900 on X1 in another thread. Thuway mentioned Thief as well, though that's seems to be incredibly flimsy. CBOAT has also said 720p will be the norm for X1.

Nothing solid, but it does seem that way.

There's rumors around that BF4 is 1080 on PS4 and 720/900 on X1 in another thread. Thuway mentioned Thief as well, though that's seems to be incredibly flimsy. CBOAT has also said 720p will be the norm for X1.

Nothing solid, but it does seem that way.

I thought DICE recently confirmed both were 1080p?

spannicus

It amazes me how many people see the title, and then start posting without reading the OP or at least a few pages. There shouldn't be posts asking if PS4 Ghosts is confirmed 1080 or posts talking about the 'rumors'. Get informed if you plan on posting.
You know what grinds my gears?

Skeff

Sub-D, volumetric lighting (pretty sparce current gen), Sublevel skin shadows, Hi-res textures (again not new, but rare for console).

Just a couple examples from CoD reveal.

Yea, as well as Fish AI, from the CoD reveal, they even had tweets about it read out and made the poor developers talk about how it's only possible on next gen consoles, poor devs.

No it sounds improved for COD but nothing next gen. It's native 1080p! is that next gen enough for you :)
I'm sure it will sell, and I usually buy every other COD and have fun with it for a few months. But, I am going Battlefield for the first time this year and I'm probably not alone. Just seems like a lazy arrogant approach by Activision.

Wurdfurd

Yea, as well as Fish AI, from the CoD reveal, they even had tweets about it read out and made the poor developers talk about how it's only possible on next gen consoles, poor devs.

No kidding, I can't even imagine what industry person would even want to work on a call of duty title these days. Activision doesn't want to mess with the formula that is clearly working for them.

The person to bitch to would have been crazy Ken - if one wanted to complain about the exotic system architecture. But he had already been kicked upstairs into a position of irrelevance by the time The Orange Box and Bayonetta were released.

Mattrick, who presumably oversaw the XB1 development, is already gone too. Although, the overarching business goals that drove the design are still in place.

Don't like saying this but if the pre launch struggles are accurate then I feel more high level people need to follow Mattrick out the door. RROD aside, there was positivity with 360 especially with developers regarding tools and Microsofts relationships with them. To allow this to be the opposite with Xbox One is unacceptable.

Nothing against Sony who have been superb the past few years with Plus, extensive first party output and a new system developers are happy with aswell as a lot of core gamers. Microsoft dropped the ball and I never thought pre reveal they would of been damage controlling so much with their new system

No, they've been dancing around the subject for a while now.

They've been dancing around the XBO's resolution, or both?

I'm pretty sure BF4 has been running at 720p at the Xbox One events.

I hadn't even realized they were running on systems other than PC. Haha

I'm almost 100% sure they have not. Do you have any links that say otherwise?

You're right! I just looked. I think I'm imagining things lol

They've been dancing around the XBO's resolution, or both?

I hadn't even realized they were running on systems other than PC. Haha

You're right! I just looked. I think I'm imagining things lol

Both, but Mortimer and others have been saying that BF4 for PS4 is likely 1080p. Rumor though, no solid sources that I've seen.

X1 has been basically mum.

I can laugh at how terrible COD looks just like everyone else, but the fish AI thing was obviously a joke.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can't believe that other thread got canned. It was getting good. The 4chan shit doomed the thread.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Man, Y2Kev ruined an awesome thread. :(

Anyone know when COD reviews hit?

More info in there than you think. And some of it is legit. You just have to look for it :p

It was shut down probably due to the posting of Reddit stuff and a few other pics in the last page or two.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Is it bannable to talk about a closed thread? It's semi-appropriate here, especially the 720P vs 1080P business.

Top Bottom