• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israelis on Facebook wish death for Holocaust survivors against 'Protective Edge'

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://972mag.com/nstt_feeditem/isr...-holocaust-survivors-against-protective-edge/

A few days ago some 300 Holocaust survivors placed an ad in the New York Times condemning the massacre in Gaza. My colleague from Local Call, John Brown, has selected a few of the responses on Facebook that Israelis posted in response to the ad.

I’ve translated a few from John’s selection:

David Cohen: Those aren’t Holocaust survivors those are probably collaborators with the Nazis.

Shmulik Halphon: He’s invited to go back to Auschwitz.

Itzik Levy: These are survivors who were Kapos. Leftist traitors. That’s why they live abroad and not in the Jewish State.

Vitali Guttman: Enough, they should die already. They survived the Holocaust only to do another Holocaust to Israel in global public opinion?

Meir Dahan: Now wonder that Hitler murdered 6 million Jews because of people like you you’re not even Jews you’re disgusting people a disgrace to humanity and so are your offspring you are trash.

Asher Solomon: It’s a shame Hitler didn’t finish the job.

Katy Morali: Holocaust survivors who think like this are invited to go die in the gas chambers.

Yafa Ashraf: Shitty Ashkenazis you are the Nazis.

john.jpg

This is the article to the holocaust survivors condemnation of Israels actions.

Kurdel

Banned
How is this news?

I expect any article or video to have comments worse than those, but I am used to the Internet by now, and just avoid reading comments.

Kite

Facebook/youtube/online news article comments and twitch chat are terrible, news at 11.

Meir Dahan: Now wonder that Hitler murdered 6 million Jews because of people like you you’re not even Jews you’re disgusting people a disgrace to humanity and so are your offspring you are trash.

Asher Solomon: It’s a shame Hitler didn’t finish the job.

Jesus Christ.

2San

There are delusional extremists everywhere, I guess.

It's nice of those holocaust survivors to show support, though.

so you're telling me that horrible people exist in all shapes and sizes?

huh. Next you're going to blow my mind and tell me that good people do as well.

This. People thought about this, thought it was not only fine to say but totally justified, and typed it out. Wow.

more importantly, the irony in invoking JC's name in this situation may have flown over your head :p

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So if you criticize Israel you're accused of being an antisemite and if you blindly support Israel... you actually are an antisemite?

How is this news?

I expect any article or video to have comments worse than those, but I am used to the Internet by now, and just avoid reading comments.

Since when dose something have to be "News" in order to be discussed on GAF? Particularly in the context of actual news event like the Gaza massacre.

I wouldn't dismiss it as trolls being trolls on the internet.

I think it is thread worthy looking at it in historic context and in context of the actual condemnation of Israels action by Holocaust survivers.

commedieu

Banned
I thought everyone knew theres a jewish-contributor sub-form on stormfront.

They blame themselves for the worlds problems.

..enjoy the roast beef...

Cagey

Banned
From Dan Carlin's Hardcore History series on the Mongols...

500 years from now, if you ask an Israeli living in a modern prosperous safe state called Israel, if the Holocaust and resulting deaths of 6 million Jews and suffering of the countless survivors was a worthwhile price to pay to get the events in motion to create the state of Israel, he theorized they would say yes because 500 years is a really god damn long time and people are many generations removed from the horror. In short, no one cares for the dead when they're that far away and that long dead.

He raised this just as a way of framing historians treating Genghis Khan with kid gloves despite him being a murderous fuck. Just an analogy adn all.

God damn these Facebook posts beat his theory to the punch by like 450 years because they're STILL ALIVE and protecting the state is more important to the younger generations.

I can't believe we're NOT in the middle-ages. This must all be some kind of sick joke, right? I'm slowly being driven to madness by the news lately. What a bunch of fucking morons.

Reality is getting stranger and stranger.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Interesting. Hebrew looks like it's written upside down and backwards. I never noticed that before, how odd.

Ohh and these people are morons.

commedieu

Banned
If Hitler finished the job, there would be no Israel...

Or a lot of places...

Their V2 rocket, would have eventually become a nuclear one... and well.. They were hitting the UK....and planned one for america...and the SS were pulling off operations in america.

Yeah, Hitler finishing the job would have been bad for everyone that wasn't descended from the Grand Germanic tribe.. (including germans)

Chariot

Yeah, Hitler finishing the job would have been bad for everyone that wasn't descended from the Grand Germanic tribe.. (including germans)
Eh, that's not quite right, Even the nazis knew that they couldn't make a working state with only arians. There was a book where they classified human races. The Aryan was the non plus ultra, but not the only acceptable one.
Also despite them trying to base their race ideology on biology, they didn't completely roll with it. At least one jew was made magically in a non jew because he was good friends with someone high-up.

But that's just nitpicking. It would've been bad for a lot of people, yes.

Hate to say it, but yeah, this isn't news. People everywhere are *bleep*holes. Doesn't matter the topic, the demographics, the nations, whatever, you will always find *bleep*holes.

Chariot

Hate to say it, but yeah, this isn't news. People everyone are *bleep*holes. Doesn't matter the topic, the demographics, the nations, whatever, you will always find *bleep*holes.
Yeah, but it's so weird, that Israeli say that about holocaust survivors. Especially the Hitler-line. It's like a black worshiper of good old US slavery or some irish dude complaining that not all irish died in starvation.

Cromat

Stupid scum. The bad part of social media is that people's terrible thought process is slammed straight into your face every day.

Mr.Sumal

Yeah, but it's so weird, that Israeli say that about holocaust survivors. Especially the Hitler-line. It's like a black worshiper of good old US slavery or some irish dude complaining that not all irish died in starvation.

Bolded reminds me of Uncle Rukus in Boondocks

dude

dude
Those comments are horrible, and are indefensible.

That said, I don't understand why they included this quote "Yafa Ashraf: Shitty Ashkenazis you are the Nazis." - It serves no benefit in terms highlighting the vile that was said in those comments, and as it is presented, without the proper context of the internal issues of Israel and general Jewish society, it appears to purely demonize Sephardi jews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom