• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israelis on Facebook wish death for Holocaust survivors against 'Protective Edge'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerozz

Stupid and vile comments on social media ? How absolutely surprising.

Is there a link to the source of this quote (except a screenshot with lots of hebrew) by the way or is that something that you collected and translated yourself ? There is only a link to a BBC article about the survivors.

Enco

reverse-1316713879_castle_reaction.gif
This.

What a bunch of sorry ass pieces of shit.

Shame we will always have people like this to ruin the world.

.GqueB.

Banned
I wish we'd stop reporting on this stuff. These people make some comment and ask for a podium in some back alley but we give them a world stage complete with lights and opening act. They're hate gets seen by more people and nothing gets accomplished.

I don't really see the point. I recall years ago that the goal is to publicly shame them into stopping. I don't see that working.

I don't think this is a recent sentiment.

Weren't Holocaust survivors who went to Israel after the war occasionally referred to as "soap" by Israelis?

Trax

Banned
The Israeli public has for a long time now flirting heavily with the far-right. Voting monsters like Ariel Sharon and Netanyahu is proof of that. If that doesn't convince you of how pathetic and stupid the human species is nothing will imo.

zon

Maybe these are those extremist orthodox jews, what are they called again? The ones that refuse to work and only focus on religious studies. This isn't the first time they've attacked holocaust survivors.

Lerozz

I wish we'd stop reporting on this stuff. These people make some comment and ask for a podium in some back alley but we give them a world stage complete with lights and opening act. They're hate gets seen by more people and nothing gets accomplished.

I don't really see the point. I recall years ago that the goal is to publicly shame them into stopping. I don't see that working.

I'll give you a point. Certain people have a problem with certain people and so every bad tidbit about them gets posted in a news worthy manner, does not matter if (as in this case) the gist of it is just "keyboard jockeys let lose idiotic rants on the internet", something that we witness every day and in regards to every topic. It is timely and depicting (yet again, if we want to generalise) that Israel must be a shitty place full of the worst people in the world.

Meir Dahan: Now wonder that Hitler murdered 6 million Jews because of people like you you’re not even Jews you’re disgusting people a disgrace to humanity and so are your offspring you are trash.

Asher Solomon: It’s a shame Hitler didn’t finish the job.

Katy Morali: Holocaust survivors who think like this are invited to go die in the gas chambers.

Yafa Ashraf: Shitty Ashkenazis you are the Nazis.

These quotes are so extremist that they are almost kinda funny. Such hatred in their hearts.

Come on people. This is parody, has to be. We have been trolled. Right? RIGHT???
Apparently, according to people in this thread, this should have been expected as typical internet comments. Maybe I haven't gone into every crevice of the internet to find this kind of thinking, cause it's mindblowing to me and on more public spaces than just closeted messageboards.

Apparently, according to people in this thread, this should have been expected as typical internet comments. Maybe I haven't gone into every crevice of the internet to find this kind of thinking, cause it's mindblowing to me and on more public spaces than just closeted messageboards.

Well, I have read worse, but this is just so blatantly stupid reading it hurts me physically.

Jinroh

If Hitler finished the job wouldn't they be dead too?
Not necessarily. He's probably just hoping all european jews would have died during WW2. There were many different "tribes". Some Zionists merely considered europeans jews as a tool to achieve their ambitions at any cost.

But yeah, it's quite ironic.

commedieu

Banned
Well, I have read worse, but this is just so blatantly stupid reading it hurts me physically.

Worse.. sure.

But not jewish people saying this specific thing about holocaust survivors in response to israel killing all of the people they can in Gaza. This is new, to me. Which is why my mind went upsidedown cow noise while reading OP. I spread it around to some friends, and they confirmed that these folks, are the tea-party of Judaism. Dare I even say that statement is insensitive to tea party members?

Im sure, with the trend of "Everything we do in Gaza is 100% ok because of defense reasons." this is more than likely a sentiment of some. Which is unfortunate. I'm sure we can keep an eye on this, to see its not just a handful of people. But people that have doubled down on Gaza's attack being 100% just. And anything that questions it = Anti-Semitic, and hitler should have finished the job with you!"

Many people really dont know many of the facebook accounts are fake? Its not that hard to make a troll account. There are trolls out there pretending to be jewish. News at 11:00

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Hmm, the fact that 972mag thought they should write an article about Internet comments kinda makes them lose a little credibility in my eyes. As much as I hate what Israel is doing, this article is a joke. We know there is a bunch of stupidity on the Internet already. :/

Btw, Amjad, do you work for the website? You always seem to post their reports.

is this really what israeli's mindset is? I'm not talking about the extremist "2nd holocaust" comments, but the overall tone that anyone who rejects the idea of protective edge is an enemy that should be killed

Hackworth

is this really what israeli's mindset is? I'm not talking about the extremist "2nd holocaust" comments, but the overall tone that anyone who rejects the idea of protective edge is an enemy that should be killed
There's been cases of journalists threated with beatings for not following the party line, so yeah, while these comments are dumb as, they aren't that out of character.

okay that's it fellow humans, we wen't overboard. too nutty, im sorry. shit needs to be reset.

those holocaust survivors are amazing though, and give me some hope. i have tremendous respect for them, wish i could shake all their hands. why can't people like that be in charge in Israel? maybe some empathy for suffering would work better than a 1000 eyes for 1 eye policy.

danm999

There are radical Israelis who want more Jews to have died in the Holocaust....?

I know people can be awful on the internet but this seems like some maddening new level of hysteria and cognitive dissonance. Yikes.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think those are some of the most sickening comments I've read on the internet.

The blind hate these people have is just mind boggling.

I think those are some of the most sickening comments I've read on the internet.

The blind hate these people have is just mind boggling.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.”

iidesuyo

Can't the Holocaust survivors fight back with clever comments? Or go to a talkshow to ridicule these idiots?

They have nothing to prove, they have seen hell, let them talk those assholes down.

It's like someone making an article over youtube or 4chan comments. You can find any crazy opinion over the internet.

What's more newsworthy isn't so much the words, but the fact that people said it over facebook, where everyone knows who they are. Very different from stupid anon comments. The brash ignorance of it all astounds me.

jakomocha

holy shit. i thought it was a democracy? is free speech not a thing there?
Yeah, sure, there is guaranteed freedom of speech but if you say something that does not support Israel's current actions expect to have a majority of the mostly racist population heckle and attack you for what you said.

(Note, I said mostly racist, not the entirely. I have friends in Israel who I know would not act like this nor believe these things).

Hackworth

holy shit. i thought it was a democracy? is free speech not a thing there?
Legally, no-one can stop you saying anything. Technically, if you say something 90% or a population disapproves of, you're getting smacked.

Wish I could remember the name of the last journalist it happened to, he's an american, in israel to report on the war.

EDIT: I couldn't find the guy I was looking for, but apparently one of CNN's reporters got boosted for comments.

Hmm, the fact that 972mag thought they should write an article about Internet comments kinda makes them lose a little credibility in my eyes. As much as I hate what Israel is doing, this article is a joke. We know there is a bunch of stupidity on the Internet already. :/

You knew about this stuff before? Is it a joke because people with these kind of views exist?

These aren't fictional accounts or anonymous trolls who can bang away at a keyboard with no repercussions, these are people on facebook who can be accounted for. Some of them are married: Asher Solomon, Reuven Shalit, Merav Sundusi, Mishel Cohen. Some are proud nationalists, but some are just party people like Katy Morali. Even shows on their facebook map that they're from Israel and speak mostly in Hebrew.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
You knew about this stuff before? Is it a joke because people with these kind of views exist?

These aren't fictional accounts or anonymous trolls who can bang away at a keyboard with no repercussions, these are people on facebook who can be accounted for. Some of them are married: Asher Solomon, Reuven Shalit, Merav Sundusi, Mishel Cohen. Some are proud nationalists, but some are just party people like Katy Morali. Even shows on their facebook map that they're from Israel and speak mostly in Hebrew.

Huh? People are assholes on the Internet. They say awful things. It happens all the time with pretty much anything and everything. You can find at least 10-20 people making comments like these about pretty much any public topic. I never said they were fake accounts. I still don't see how this is news. Furthermore, equating online comments from 24 people to a whole population is just poor reporting.

The CNN reporter forced to resign is news, this is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom