• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's been six months since Sony increased PS Plus prices

What is your stance on the PS Plus price increase?

• The service improved and I renewed my membership

Votes: 19 5.5%
  • The service improved but I didn't renew my membership

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • I didn't renew my membership but I'm going to (Quality increased)

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • I didn't renew my membership and I'm not going to (Quality did not increase)

Votes: 221 63.7%
  • Other

Votes: 97 28.0%

• Total voters
Thread reminded me to cancel, was due to renew on June 30. Went from Premium to completely cancelled. Yikes. I don't play online ever.

I'd consider coming back if they release their first party day one, but even then maybe not as they don't have much first party of interest over the next 18 months or so that we know of. They also need to make the service available on PC (basically, just copy Microsoft). Game Pass trouncing them in the value stakes.

l'll buy Astrobot on sale if it reviews well.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Reading this thread I never realised how poor value PSN+ is. The thing is, even if they did do day and date ( which I don’t think is a loss they can eat, financially up front, and their reluctance to do day an date only shows that) …. They have not made enough nee exclusives to warrant it, nor do they have enough coming. If they owned 30+ studios a gamepass like model would make sense. Otherwise they would be have to be willing to pay devs top dollar for a stream of AAAs on the service every month.

It’s almost like they are only doing a sub because everybody else is doing one. They don’t really seem all in on it aside from hiking prices and not adding any real value in the process. They want to make money from it…. But they don’t want to spend more money or take risks with the service. Because they are still clinging to old business model for as long it will last.

It's actually really shocking how poor value PS+ is to Gamepass, and I say this as somebody who mains on the PS5 (that'll change in September when Age of Mythology is released)

PS+ Premium is not only more expensive than Gamepass Ultimate, but it also offers less value for money. With Gamepass I'm getting all Microsoft first party titles day one, not to mention a great selection of third party titles and now COD. I'm sure they'll increase the price soon, but at the moment it's great value for money.

With Sony I'm getting lots of third party titles, although personally I think the selection is better on GP. I'm also not getting Sony first party titles day one.

I think part of the problem could be down to costs. I think GP is still making MS bleed money, but they can afford to do that while they build up their sub numbers. I would assume Sony cannot afford to take that hit. Otherwise why not throw their first party titles on PS+ day one?

Top Bottom