• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

Frat bro brains was fun.

Since the comment about how "lively" Liv is looking I noticed it too, especially in the "dress" Rose was wearing. I seems like I remember her looking paler last season but I guess not after looking at a random first season episode.

Penguin

That was a really fun ep

I need a gif of the Detective's reaction when she says she's a furry

That reaction was priceless

Dreez

I randomly put S1 on Netflix and my girlfriend got hooked! Also it reminds me a lot of Veronica Mars, which was my shit. Later on I would find out it was from the same guy.

Got hooked on the show fairly quickly. I'm almost caught up, I just need to watch the episode from last night. I'm not really a fan of Blaine, if I'm being honest.

kurahador

Guess this season will have "killer isn't really a bad guy" theme? Because that's twice in a row.

Major keep digging that hole, fucking hell.

Love the scene between Blaine and his dad.
Robert Knepper is great in anything.

KarmaCow

Really like this episode more than the premiere. They weaved the fratboy brain personality into the rest of the episode better than having it be merely an intermittent joke. Poor Clive dealing with a curmudgeonly racist Liv and then dipshit fratboy Liv.

Guess this season will have "killer isn't really a bad guy" theme? Because that's twice in a row.

Major keep digging that hole, fucking hell.

Love the scene between Blaine and his dad.
Robert Knepper is great in anything.

It's all set up for when Liv starts investigating the case of the zombie killer.

Aikidoka

I just binged watched S1 on netflix. I thought the show was great, though some of the final reveals seemed a bit anticlimactic, but the first season does end before any fallout is really shown.

I'm not sure how I feel about the
Lolly (sp?) dying. Hopefully, it wasn't a case where the creator didn't know how to get Liv back with the fiance now that they had created the "perfect dude" so they just killed him off.

Shame that it'll be at least 6 months before S2 is on netflix. Maybe I'll try Hulu

Patryn

I just binged watched S1 on netflix. I thought the show was great, though some of the final reveals seemed a bit anticlimactic, but the first season does end before any fallout is really shown.

Lolly (sp?) dying. Hopefully, it wasn't a case where the creator didn't know how to get Liv back with the fiance now that they had created the "perfect dude" so they just killed him off.

Shame that it'll be at least 6 months before S2 is on netflix. Maybe I'll try Hulu

It'll likely be closer to a year before S2 is on Netflix. Previous seasons show up on Netflix right when the new season starts.

That was a really fun ep

I need a gif of the Detective's reaction when she says she's a furry

That reaction was priceless

Ocs8D4F.gif
KcUxGJ4.gif

Bonus

byswCEt.gif

Volimar

Liv definitely seemed less pale.

I was disappointed that the utopium didn't temporarily regress Major back to zombie status or something.

Patryn

If we're talking about her paleness, can I say that I'm beginning to worry about Rose McIver's hair? Bleaching it that much can't be healthy for it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

It's going to be another 11-12 months before it shows up on Netflix since they'll add Season 2 literally the same day that Season 3 premieres.

Try out Hulu, that's how I keep up with most of these shows. It's worth it, I actually use it more than Netflix.

anaron

hopefully the CW/Netflix realizes that uploading a past season show the day its new season premieres isn't the best idea.

hopefully the CW/Netflix realizes that uploading a past season show the day its new season premieres isn't the best idea.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I guess they don't want to shuffle around the release of the dvd/blu-ray set but it would seem like it would benefit ratings growth if they gave people a chance to catch up before the new season, especially for a show going into its second season.

I shudder to think what kind of ratings this will pull if they ever move it away from The Flash.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/izombie/

Since people are asking about watching season 2, The CW's site always has the five latest episode from the current season of their shows. Thanks to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. being on at the same time, I don't get to watch iZombie live (unless S.H.I.E.L.D. has the week off), so I always watch it online on The CW's site a few hours later. They put them up around 1 AM EST.

The CW also has mobile and Xbox apps, though the latter stopped having the full episodes show up a year or two ago. I used to use the Xbox app to watch any episodes I missed, but now I just hook up my laptop (which has HDMI output) to my HDTV.

It should also be up on demand for free if you have cable. I'm not sure if satellite does that, too.

Anyway, season 2 is great so far. But man, how much more fucked up can Major get? Hah.

JustinBB7

I watch 5 shows on Wednesday (they're all Tuesday shows in USA but I watch day after). I love all of them but they highlights are always Agents Of Shield and The Flash, but iZombie beat both of them for me 2 weeks in a row now. Love it so much, wonder if they will do a special Halloween episode actually.

El Topo

Some of the kids Major cared for got murdered, he got lied to, no one believed him, he got fired, went into a mental institution, the guy he befriended there got murdered, he later got attacked at home, cops didn't believe him, Major found out about and got caught by a zombie crime syndicate and in the finale of the first season snapped and murdered several people. He subsequently almost died, learned about the lies of his friends, got turned into a zombie, then got cured almost immediately, although the cure is untested. He basically breaks ties with his friends, one of which (Peyton) is apparently gone, only finds an unfulfilling job, kills a father of two, gets basically hired/blackmailed to kill more people, presumably also learns that they're threatening/spying on Liv and later realizes what monstrous crime he has committed when the kids of his victim ask for help, then his basically only friend tempts him to do drugs.

Fuck. I mean...it's not hard to see why he'd turn to drugs.

Aikidoka

Why doesn't Liv just tell Clive that her psychic visions tend to impart some of the personality of the victim onto her. Seems like an easy way to get him to understand

Volimar

Why doesn't Liv just tell Clive that her psychic visions tend to impart some of the personality of the victim onto her. Seems like an easy way to get him to understand

Yep. "See when I get these visions they leave like these echoes of the person's personality in me. I can't help it."

Easy peasy.

Blackhead

Redarse

He still doesn't know about zombies.

And she usually starts acting weird before she has any visions

Gotchaye

Dude's got to have basically concluded that she's picking up the personalities of murder victims, though. Especially this season where she's been laying it on pretty thick so far.

Aikidoka

Yep. "See when I get these visions they leave like these echoes of the person's personality in me. I can't help it."

Easy peasy.

He doesn't need to know about zombies. He is pretty accepting of her psychic powers obviously, so she can pretty much make up anything she wants.

David Anders and Robert Knepper together is fantastic. It is strange nobody thought of that before.

I know! That was so good.

Some of the kids Major cared for got murdered, he got lied to, no one believed him, he got fired, went into a mental institution, the guy he befriended there got murdered, he later got attacked at home, cops didn't believe him, Major found out about and got caught by a zombie crime syndicate and in the finale of the first season snapped and murdered several people. He subsequently almost died, learned about the lies of his friends, got turned into a zombie, then got cured almost immediately, although the cure is untested. He basically breaks ties with his friends, one of which (Peyton) is apparently gone, only finds an unfulfilling job, kills a father of two, gets basically hired/blackmailed to kill more people, presumably also learns that they're threatening/spying on Liv and later realizes what monstrous crime he has committed when the kids of his victim ask for help, then his basically only friend tempts him to do drugs.

My God, he has the shittiest life of anyone on television.

"You want a bazooka? I can get you a bazooka in 15 minutes. At cost!"

That was a great episode.

Such a great line.

Pau

I always love how Liv integrates into new groups. Even when she's not saying anything, like in this episode the shots with her standing with the rest of the fratboys had me cracking a smile.

Major. :(

I want to feel bad for him, but man, watching those kids asking for help. :/

Gotchaye

I checked this out on a recommendation when it went up on Netflix last week and it's become one of the few shows that I'm keeping up with. I ignored it for a while because it's just zombies, right? But I like what they've done with it - in some ways it's kind of the Twilight of zombie fiction but it's more interesting because pretty zombies are much farther from typical zombies.

The procedural stuff works surprisingly well because Liv can be a different character each time, and it's just a lot of fun watching her go and do her thing (Ravi is very fun too and Clive is fine). The CW definitely put in a bit more effort than they usually do looking for someone who can act. I wouldn't have expected it, but the serialization is probably the weaker side of the show, even if after a few episodes it's inherently more interesting than the murder of the week. It does a few things very well - like Major's character arc - but it's way too reliant on people never telling each other important information in pretty dumb ways. These are supposed to be grown-ups.

Joni

On the other hand, he is also kind of a lousy friend. He found out his fiancee left him because she got the equivalent of a fatal disease and then keeps ignoring her for that; and he hasn't really looked for Peyton. Outside of them, he didn't have a lot of friends introduced so he is keeping his two friends out of his life.

Blackhead

Redarse
On the other hand, he is also kind of a lousy friend. He found out his fiancee left him because she got the equivalent of a fatal disease and then keeps ignoring her for that; and he hasn't really looked for Peyton. Outside of them, he didn't have a lot of friends introduced so he is keeping his two friends out of his life.
You discount too easily that most of his other friends were at work and they were eaten by Zombies. He hasn't gone looking for Peyton because of reasons outside the show (the actor is busy with other work), Liv is a lying zombie. But he's been a very good friend to Ravi actually
I checked this out on a recommendation when it went up on Netflix last week and it's become one of the few shows that I'm keeping up with. I ignored it for a while because it's just zombies, right? But I like what they've done with it - in some ways it's kind of the Twilight of zombie fiction but it's more interesting because pretty zombies are much farther from typical zombies.

The procedural stuff works surprisingly well because Liv can be a different character each time, and it's just a lot of fun watching her go and do her thing (Ravi is very fun too and Clive is fine). The CW definitely put in a bit more effort than they usually do looking for someone who can act. I wouldn't have expected it, but the serialization is probably the weaker side of the show, even if after a few episodes it's inherently more interesting than the murder of the week. It does a few things very well - like Major's character arc - but it's way too reliant on people never telling each other important information in pretty dumb ways. These are supposed to be grown-ups.

Yeah it's a cute clever show. I wouldn't be clamoring for this to win any Emmys but it keeps me entertained every week with the witty dialog and strong characters although I don't care much for the procedural nor serialization bots anymore e.g. Blaine and his father scene was another virtuoso performance by the writers but ultimately who gives a fuck lol

Joni

You discount too easily that most of his other friends were at work and they were eaten by Zombies. He hasn't gone looking for Peyton because of reasons outside the show (the actor is busy with other work), Liv is a lying zombie. But he's been a very good friend to Ravi actually
The people at work are the kids he tries to protect, they're not really his friends. Not the type of people you hang out with after work. You'd expect the guy to have a bigger friend group than Liv who he doesn't speak to, Peyton who has disappeared and the new coworker of his ex-fiancee. We know why Liv doesn't have any friends, she dumped most of them that didn't turn into zombies themselves.

Joni

It's the CW, Joni. Friends are not in the budget. Friends make things too complicated.
They are in the budget, they're the people he should be visiting when he isn't allowed on set for an episode to save money. Like they do for The Vampire Diaries.

El Topo

They are in the budget, they're the people he should be visiting when he isn't allowed on set for an episode to save money. Like they do for The Vampire Diaries.

Fair enough, those friends are in the budget. Kinda problematic though because then he'd have people to talk to and wouldn't spiral out of control. Now that I think about it, wasn't there some people in the pilot (or maybe first episodes)? At the very least he had a girlfriend that, if I recall correctly, broke up with him? Heck, where are his parents? Are they dead, too? The fuck is wrong with Major? Does he bring misery to everyone he meets?

Pau

I can see Major as the type of person whose best friend is his signifcant other and doesn't really feel the need to have other ones besides aquantainces.

so I just started season 1 of this on netflix (2 episodes in) and I'm already liking it. How does the first season turn out and how is season 2 so far?

Top Bottom