• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Singleton, ‘Boyz N the Hood’ Director, Dies at 51

brap

Banned
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/obituaries/john-singleton-stroke-death.html

John Singleton, whose powerful debut film, “Boyz N the Hood,” earned him an Oscar nomination for best director, the first for an African-American, died on Monday in Los Angeles. He was 51.
His death, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, was confirmed in a family statement after he was taken off life support. Mr. Singleton had been admitted to the hospital on April 17, reportedly after having a stroke. His family said he had a history of hypertension.

RIP. Died too young.
Boyz N the Hood and Baby Boy are great movies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Damn, that's young. RIP. Boyz in the Hood is a classic.

He was also co-creator and executive producer of Snowfall, currently running FX series. Anyone check it out?

Dang. Get your blood pressure under control everyone. I’m on BP meds and I’m not even clinically overweight anymore.

I really should watch my sodium intake.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
That's so young, fuck. A reminder to stay compliant with your diabetes and monitoring your blood pressure. Never adding more salt to your meal. Exercising regularly. Going to the doctor if you have heart palpitations - since he seemed pretty healthy I will presume he had underlying atrial fibrillation and did not know it. Tragic. Rip.

Top Bottom