• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juan Manuel Santos, Colombian president wins Peace Nobel Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless the idiocy of a nation, voting no to postpone a peace agreement based on lies and bigotry, the international community gives support to Santos

https://www.google.com.co/amp/s/amp...-peace-prize-for-work-with-farc?client=safari

“The Norwegian Nobel committee has decided to award the Nobel peace prize for 2016 to Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos for his resolute efforts to bring the country’s more than 50-year-long civil war to an end,” said the committee chairwoman, Kaci Kullmann Five.

“There is a real danger that the peace process will come to a halt and that civil war will flare up again. This makes it even more important that the parties, headed by President Santos and Farc guerrilla leader Rodrigo Londoño, continue to respect the ceasefire,” she said.

Five added: “The fact that a majority of the voters said no to the peace accord does not necessarily mean that the peace process is dead. The referendum was not a vote for or against peace.

Ahasverus

Alvaro Uribe/Centro Demoniaco on suicide watch. Maybe the Nobel Comitée also got bribed and overtaken by the gay communist atheist dictatorship.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This news gives me life. Fucking lol, I know people who voted No just so he wouldn't win the Nobel prize.

Hahaha. The effects will be certainly interesting in the country. This could be used as leverage in negotiations against the No campaign in order to get the deal done quickly. EDIT: CD/Uribe are not having a good week lol. Just yesterday, one senator admitted (all while taking pleasure of saying they won) that they essentially used lies to win and run a cheap campaign.

And hey! Second Nobel for the country, after Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

clemenx

Banned
How so ? The man's been busting his ass trying to get a peace deal. It's not his fault if a good part of his population got politically tricked into rejecting said deal.

A peace deal so favored in concessions for criminals and terrorists that its own population rejected it? Who knew favoring impunity would give you a peace prize.

Ah yeah they got tricked because the more popular thing didnt win. Voters are too dumb amirite.

But I wont discuss more. Gaf is to biased in this subject.

How so ? The man's been busting his ass trying to get a peace deal. It's not his fault if a good part of his population got politically tricked into rejecting said deal.

Juan Manuel was reelected by rightwinger, Then flip flopped, said fuck you to Uribe and started the negotiations. The most bold move I have ever seen in politics

Santos may be done politically locally due to this plebiscite loss, but he has received the support from everybody, except in his own damn country

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Juan Manuel was reelected by rightwinger, Then flip flopped, said fuck you to Uribe and started the negotiations. The most bold move I have ever seen in politics

Santos may be done politically locally due to this plebiscite loss, but he has received the support from everybody, except in his own damn country

Half of his damn country.

I might also remind clemenx that peace is pretty much impossible to be achieved with perfect justice. And that most areas that were affected of the conflict were for the deal, despite what you might think. Doubt they got tricked.

Maledict

Half of his damn country.

I might also remind clemenx that peace is pretty much impossible to be achieved with perfect justice. And that most areas that were affected of the conflict were for the deal, despite what you might think. Doubt they got tricked.

No peace deal will have perfect justice. That's a lesson we've learnt from Northern Ireland, from South Africa, and countless other places. These things are brutal and ugly and no-one is happy - but more importantly, no-one is killing each other anymore.

A peace deal so favored in concessions for criminals and terrorists that its own population rejected it? Who knew favoring impunity would give you a peace prize.

Bah. That voting won because of the lies and the religious zealots.

It seems Oslo, UN, BDI, US, international community, have so much bias!

Tugatrix

Ah yeah they got tricked because the more popular thing didnt win. Voters are too dumb amirite.

Look you cannot expect to demand all the things you want. The Colombian army hasn't won a decisive victory that allow for a victors deal, so if you don't want more deaths and another 50 years of war, you must agree on some concessions like immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom