• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2008 NPD Sales Data

Grecco

Guitar Hero Aerosmith seemed to bomb. So did Bourne Conspiracy. (Which probably wasnt cheap to make).

Gran Theft Autos drop off is also really suprising.

laserbeam

Banned
cardancenin2-1.gif

Can`t wait to hear how the Wii version of Lego Indiana Jones only sold because it was for kids and that the `third parties don`t sell on Wii` edict still applies.

Narcosis

Dammit...I lowballed PSP, DS and PS3, overshot Wii in my predictions.

Great numbers for MGS4, is it safe to assume 1million+ with the bundles?

Ninja Gaiden II strong debut considering the audience target for the game.

I officially don't understand what the hell is pushing that many units of the Wii. I couldn't even tell you what came out last month for the thing. 666,000 units is insane.

Wallach

bloody pirate said:
This is Sony right? I mean come on.. if you count July and august total I bet MS will win... Too human will be a better killer app then MGS4..

Yeah... can you just get out? Thanks.

As for the numbers... DS. It exists, therefore it sells.

TwinsDad

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm gonna venture to say that bundles pushed around 180k more unis of MGS4. It was a 5 week period after all.

Anywhere from 175K to 225K, if the nearly a million quote form the EDGE article is true.

Opiate

As I mentioned in the other thread:

1) MGS4 certainly pushed systems. PS3 sales nearly double the 360 sales.
2) GTA IV drops like a rock. Congratulations on ridding yourself of those filthy casuals who were buying your game, Mr. Houston!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I TOLD YOU GUYS! I TOLD YOU MGS4 IS MORE POWERFUL THAN GTA4!

BUT NO, YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN!

Mama Robotnik said:
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q443/mappster28/npde3gaf.gif

Ahhhh Cause and Effect, I do enjoy that episode. I only wish Frasier had a bigger speaking part.

Good numbers for Sony, more excellent numbers for Nintendo and Microsoft..... tsk tsk tsk. If you will only have one measly $50 price drop after over 2 years on the market this is what will happen.

legend166

So weekly sales for PS3 in May - 52k

June - 81k

Nice bump. Though if it drops back down to previous levels next month, it wouldn't have been worth much.

360 sales are anemic. MS are dreaming if introducing a new SKU at the same price will do anything.

Aristotlekh said:
I officially don't understand what the hell is pushing that many units of the Wii. I couldn't even tell you what came out last month for the thing. 666,000 units is insane.
You answered your own question :p

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Yay NG2. I am rooting for you.

Also, GTA4 isn't a beast anymore in its first multiplat release. Will the same happen to FFXIII?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Narcosis said:
Great numbers for MGS4, is it safe to assume 1million+ with the bundles?

I think it's fair to say that more than half of PS3s sold were bundles, given that the bundle sold through VERY well and given that why the fuck wouldn't you get it if you bought a ps3 this month

Wallach said:
Yeah... can you just get out? Thanks.

As for the numbers... DS. It exists, therefore it sells.

He got called out for being a Sony wacko and now he's buying stock to make it look the other way.

Amir0x

Banned
Region-FreeWii said:
Might as well post a gif:
i153693563_43904_3.gif

god hannah montana is gross

well PS3 did better than i thought it would. Nothing much more needs to be said about Wii and DS... they have golden thrones.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
GTAIV out of the top 10 in less than 2 months = I said wow. Of course, there are some pretty good sellers on PS3 and 360 this month to take its place.

I'm honestly shocked that Ninja Gaiden 2 > Battlefield.

This stopped being funny in the other thread. :/

Think about it realistically

Price drop + toohuman + TOV= win

you catch my drift?

Wow, looks like MGS4 has about the same hardware pushing power as Halo, especially considering it's a non-holiday season. Losing FFXIII exclusivity means we may not see this kind of hardware differential between the 360 and PS3 for a long time.

nib95

Banned
According to NPD, including bundle copies, MGS4 sold nearly 1 million copies.

While the attached media report does not include units bundled with hardware, if included MGS4 sold-through nearly 1 million units.

bloody pirate said:
This is Sony right? I mean come on.. if you count July and august total I bet MS will win... Too human will be a better killer app then MGS4..

why in hell would automatically assume that?

it's actually representing msft and sony crying over the influence of the anti-christ.

MrDaravon

Am I the only one thinks that the fact that MGS4 only pushed an additional 200k units over last month isn't that good? Remember, this was the game that everyone said would be the game they got a PS3 for, etc. I would have guessed at least 500k.

Also damn, GTA must have dropped a fucking ton.

Grecco said:
Guitar Hero Aerosmith seemed to bomb. So did Bourne Conspiracy. (Which probably wasnt cheap to make).

Times like these you really want a top 20. Much as I liked GH:A I kinda hope it didn't do too well.

Music toy machine WINS!!

Miyamoto vindicated

:lol :lol

Nice numbers for PS3 and MGS4.We'll see if it continues this trend...(obviously it isn't).

And what the fuck with DS, seriously....

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Seiken said:
I TOLD YOU GUYS! I TOLD YOU MGS4 IS MORE POWERFUL THAN GTA4!

BUT NO, YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN!

Software-wise, GTA4 launched at 1 million flat, MGS at 780k. Counting bundles they'd be around the same. In terms of hardware impact, though, totally.

careksims

Like I said on that other thread: KUDOS to KojiPro! MGS4 deserves it and it gave a nice push for the PS3 as well! Nice to always see the N on top.

botticus

DeaconKnowledge said:
Can`t wait to hear how the Wii version of Lego Indiana Jones only sold because it was for kids and that the `third parties don`t sell on Wii` edict still applies.
It's clearly a casual/non-game, therefore it does not count.

Vinci

Danish
Aristotlekh said:

"Damn thing sells itself."

Haunted

You're not Sonycowboy.

Nintendo, especially the Wii, dominating hardware and software. Very important.

Big bump for the PS3, MGS delivers. Wonder how many more of those the PS3 will enjoy. GT, FF... not many system sellers left.

laserbeam

Banned
GTA4 totally vanishing basically shows that The Hardcore arent the people who made the franchise successful. Bet Rockstar wishes it had a Wii version of GTA4 now

Top Bottom