• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just held the WiiU controller for the first time...

KrawlMan

I just grabbed one at Best Buy and have to say I was mostly looking at the lower screen the whole time. I almost prefer it was just the lower screen since I prefer handhelds

I also found myself looking at the lower screen more often...but I don't think it's because I actually prefer that screen. The heavy duty spring cable attached to the back of the controller made it terribly uncomfortable to hold at any reasonable distance from the TV.

I could tell the controller was light, but the cable's resistance was really detracting from the experience.

Alex

I just grabbed one at Best Buy and have to say I was mostly looking at the lower screen the whole time. I almost prefer it was just the lower screen since I prefer handhelds

Yeah, I'm slightly getting this way myself. I like smaller, personal screens like that. Not that I'm planning to ever move from my HTPC, but even outside of exclusive titles im spending a lot of time on 3DS/DS and Vita/PSP lately.

Little concerned what people were saying about line of sight on the wireless receiption on the controller, though. I hope that's just a fluke or something otherwise... fuck.

zroid

Banned
It'd be easier to charge in use just going from the front of the machine, traditional style, rather than having to run to a wall unit, IMO. Also, I really dont need any more shit to plug in. :lol

I've never charged anything plugged into the consoles :p

always charge the ds3s on my laptop

Alex

I've never charged anything plugged into the consoles :p

always charge the ds3s on my laptop

You've never needed to in the past, I'm saying to allow it to be tethered like a classical controller in this unique instance. There's a difference when one controller has a battery life of thirty hours and one has a battery life of three.

Top Bottom