• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

LOLDSFAN

ibgHov6x81vw1L.gif

I was wondering where you might have been :D

Hey Spy!

Ya we are getting a clothing line ready for a big show in Florida this week so it is hectic here, all morning I have been taking pictures of the new line for the website. Can't wait for the week to be over and the show underway :p

Hey hey. Everything is swell!

Mike! Got my Toradora bluray set in today. Will snap a pic or two later. Thanks again for the heads up!

Chariot

What's a Toradora?
And who is the yandere???
Toradora is a J.C. Staff show. One of the fakest harem ever, because the OTP is already in the title. And Torodora has no real yandere. Next thing would be Taiga and she keeps calm, except from the one time she snaps at at a girl that hurt her best friend with stupidity.
Yuno from The Future Diary. Watching though it now. Really interesting.
Oh you meant that. At this point I thought that everyone knows Yuuno one way or the others, because she is THE Yandere covergirl.

So mean...
I might have to up the system.

Chariot

Well the other interest was annoying as hell, so even with a different name I would have shipped those two.
iYUYNcDw4WVt5.gif

I was okay with Taiga at the end she grew in a good character, but I really liked Minori more, partly because I am allergic to Tsundere, especially the ones from J.C. Staff spoken by Rie.

I was okay with Taiga at the end she grew in a good character, but I really liked Minori more, partly because I am allergic to Tsundere, especially the ones from J.C. Staff spoken by Rie.

I like Minorin too. Which shouldn't come as a surprise I guess if one check out the voice actor credits or compare voices with another show :p

iYUYNcDw4WVt5.gif

I'm allergic to fake characters, which is pretty much everybody in anime these days anyway so not sure why I still bother.

Wish more shows would write characters that behaved like real people. Thought that was the entire point of using humans and not anthropomorphic animals and cars.

You already know why I like Minorin though ;)

Hehe biased!

I do know it isn't a amazing show. It holds a special place with me, that was the show that got me back into anime. My first all subtitle show as well, after that I couldn't go back to dubs. Plus I just like Taiga :D

I do know it isn't a amazing show. It holds a special place with me, that was the show that got me back into anime. My first all subtitle show as well, after that I couldn't go back to dubs. Plus I just like Taiga :D

At least people doesn't make fun of your favorite show like they do with mine :\

Chariot

I'm allergic to fake characters, which is pretty much everybody in anime these days anyway so not sure why I still bother.

Wish more shows would write characters that behaved like real people. Thought that was the entire point of using humans and not anthropomorphic animals and cars.
Eech, not so angry, please :(

I am too, are wishing for some human characters instead of the piles of tropes and plot-puppets we regulary get. But just because anime use mostly humans it doesen't mean necessary that they have to be humans. The beauty of fiction is, that you can do things that that are impossible or is very rare with real humans. So I think its quite alright that characters don't behave like humans if it fits the show.

Of course the problem is, that a lot of characters are just plainly bad written and we rarerly get "real" humans, that I get. I just wanted to point out, that human character don't mean that they have to behave like humans.
One of the easier examples are characters that get played like animals or demons, even if they are in-world regular humans.
I don't like so many negative comments about my Toradora. /stare
I like this show, but I can still pick my favorites out of it, yes? :(

Eech, not so angry, please :(

I am too, are wishing for some human characters instead of the piles of tropes and plot-puppets we regulary get. But just because anime use mostly humans it doesen't mean necessary that they have to be humans. The beauty of fiction is, that you can do things that that are impossible or is very rare with real humans. So I think its quite alright that characters don't behave like humans if it fits the show.

Of course the problem is, that a lot of characters are just plainly bad written and we rarerly get "real" humans, that I get. I just wanted to point out, that human character don't mean that they have to behave like humans.
One of the easier examples are characters that get played like animals or demons, even if they are in-world regular humans.I like this show, but I can still pick my favorites out of it, yes? :(

eh, my tone was kinda dismissive cuz it seems like GAF all hates my #1 waifu, lol. but its all good

i agree with you. i dont mind humans who dont act like humans if theyre written that way intentionally. was referring to the poorly written ones who are stupid or irrational or otherwise inconsistent to drag on the plot or open it up to embarrassing tropes and fan service. it gets old and drags down great ideas. like somebody getting the best slice of a cake and then dropping it on the floor.

bothers me when people say k-on for example is 'whats wrong with anime'. those
girls are pretty convincing and, despite not being exposed to much conflict, seem like real highschool girls youd see on the street. compare that to all the fantasy or romcom shows littered with outlandishly perverted characters, panty gags and dense leads. blehhhh

Top Bottom