• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

StayDead

knew it would get delayed but that's by longer than expected. Also that LE announcement, price seems fair...wonder what's in it.

I'm interested in that too. I'm also interested in whether or not the game uses the same account. If it does that could be good.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
tumblr_nlohg2euxq1t30u54o1_1280.png

tumblr_nlogd4vuUT1rzewyzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlocm4Yyhq1r3mmwro1_1280.png

tumblr_nloai25ufV1t30u54o1_1280.jpg

Ah the last one's so pretty.

(Although it looks like the artist stopped putting in effort on the legs :) )

From what I've heard, Kancolle Kai (vita game) is only around 60% complete.

CA2_EmnUMAIInJl.jpg:small

lol managed to grab a 2nd account. Getting into the server is easy nowadays compared to 2 years ago

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, I guess the theory that
sunken ship girls turn into Abyssals is true.

Suddenly Kancolle is
Madoka Magica
. lol

Bombless

Final ep thoughts spoilered for delay :
An entire episode of combat! Granted some of the boats barely move so I guess the budget was running out and I expected more of a final episode but still, I was satisfied. A 2nd season was a given, I doubt anyone will be surprised. And KTKMxOoi & MutsuxNagato is still a thing so I am super happy! I was SO SURE it was Musashi coming to the rescue when Nagato fired those shots off screen but eh, she'll be in season 2!

Edit :
Nagato's ship-fu was great, was hoping to get some Musto anchor+chain action but eh, I'll do that with her figma!

Now that season 1 is done, I'm hoping for better in season 2.

They really shit on the Abyssals, but hopefully it will improve. They need personalities, spoken lines, and to not be such pushovers. It's a waste of their fantastic designs to have them all be such worthless fodder and only appear in like 1/3 of the episodes.

Also, I was not expecting Airfield Princess to sound like that. She needs a different voice.

Now that season 1 is done, I'm hoping for better in season 2.

They really shit on the Abyssals, but hopefully it will improve. They need personalities, spoken lines, and to not be such pushovers. It's a waste of their fantastic designs to have them all be such worthless fodder and only appear in like 1/3 of the episodes.

Also, I was not expecting Airfield Princess to sound like that. She needs a different voice.
I doubt any voice they chose for the Abyssals/Oni/Princesses would make anyone happy. One side would complain they sound too normal, another would complain they could too corrupted and robotic then another set would simply hate the VA chosen then you'd have the people who wish they didn't speak at all.

Personally I'm content with the voice they chose, in a way I don't expect them to have a lot of lines anyway.

Negative opinion inc.

I hope they just scrap everything and start over. Many, including myself found the anime to be pretty abysmal. Ships were caricatures that spouted in-game lines at random times and certain traits taken to extremes. Literally, kancolle memes: the anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still don't know what people expected out of an anime based on a web game. I'm still amazed they turned remodelling into puberty. It's perfect.

I still don't know what people expected out of an anime based on a web game. I'm still amazed they turned remodelling into puberty. It's perfect.
Exactly. You have the thinnest of baselines to go on. Its not like the Kancolle game has some depth of personality to explore in regards to the girls. I mean what did you want to watch an anime about calculating the numbers for the right equips before each battle then losing then getting another set of equips, long expeditions where its not quite clear how they just find barrels of fuel and steel, or being trapped for two months on the same 7 islands because RNG Compass-chan prevented the girls from reaching the boss island?

omlet

Maybe the Rage of Bahamut anime spoiled some people? (In the sense of got their hopes too high for KanColle anime.)

I mean, that was something where they made a pretty decent story from basically a bare minimum of a setting and some game mechanics. They could have done that with KanColle, but they really didn't (probably partly because KanColle at least has a little bit of unavoidable real-world connection baked in where RoB didn't).

Maybe the Rage of Bahamut anime spoiled some people? (In the sense of got their hopes too high for KanColle anime.)

I mean, that was something where they made a pretty decent story from basically a bare minimum of a setting and some game mechanics. They could have done that with KanColle, but they really didn't (probably partly because KanColle at least has a little bit of unavoidable real-world connection baked in where RoB didn't).
That's the thing though, I find them both to be decent. Rage of Bahamut has nice visuals but at the end of the day it was a run-of-the-mill average adventure anime.

Bombless

Before it aired I honestly expected it to bomb. There really isn't much to base itself on apart from references to the game so I think they did really well as long as they stayed away from the drama. All in all it really was good. Could be better, sure, but I'm happy with what we got and happy there will be a second season.

Josephl64

I definitely enjoyed it, and the last ep. went down close to how I expected it to.
..although I forgot Kisaragi existed so the ending caught me off guard for a sec, but it makes sense.
I'm pretty hyped for S2.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Finally got to watch the last ep!

The show doesn't do action or drama very well. Which is why I think they really should animate the 4koma so they can do slice-of-life-comedy. Focus on comedy, moe, yuri; and you can easily fit in the German ships as well as the Abyssal Girls without any problems.

Want to see Fuse, Ise, Tenryuu, Tatsuta, the submarine girls, Amatsukaze, Hoppou, etc!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, there was a thread about the game. I'm still curious to know what it actually is, beyond being a single player offline game.

StayDead

Next Kai Ni should be Murakumo... Probably remodel at level 70 like Fubuki

Most likely to be 24th, since all past events except 2 start on Friday.

That's what I meant, got my numbers mixed up. :p

TxfVS1S.png

Is my current resources, hopefully it'll be good enough for the event so I won't miss out on any event ships this time.

U511 ;_;

StayDead

How do you even have that many ammunition?

I've barely been going on any sorties as the only level I need to do to move forward now is 3-3 (the DD one) as I just finished 4-3 yesterday. I run expedition 2 every time I can (if I don't forget) and you get 150 ammo from it and maybe a bucket. Since I'm never spending any ammo it just piled up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've barely been going on any sorties as the only level I need to do to move forward now is 3-3 (the DD one) as I just finished 4-3 yesterday. I run expedition 2 every time I can (if I don't forget) and you get 150 ammo from it and maybe a bucket. Since I'm never spending any ammo it just piled up.
You don't do any constructions or levelling? lol

Top Bottom