• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGDOM HEARTS Franchise has been released on Steam for $99.99 (currently -35% Off)

Draugoth

Gold Member

LOS ANGELES (June 13, 2024) Today, SQUARE ENIX®’s beloved KINGDOM HEARTS series has launched on Steam®, bringing the iconic RPG series to a whole new world of players. All three collections released today—KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind DLC—can be played both on PC and on-the-go on Steam Deck devices, and available at a special discounted price for a limited time*.

Watch the announcement trailer, featuring the re-recorded single “Simple and Clean” from Hikaru Utada, here.

“For the daunting challenge of re-recording one of my most loved songs I enlisted the help of my friend and collaborator A. G. Cook. The new versions of “Simple and Clean”/“Hikari” are still the songs I wrote 22 years ago, but they come from a different place, a different viewpoint. They’re reflective, wiser, and kinder. There are no such thing as wins or losses in life, just what we take away from our experiences. I’m in awe of all the lives that KINGDOM HEARTS has touched and enriched, and looking forward to more to come.” – Hikaru Utada, singer-songwriter

Certain playable titles included in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will feature textural updates to their graphics. Users who purchase KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC) will also receive the new platform exclusive Keyblade, “Dead of Night.”

Additionally, fans are encouraged to enter the #KHonSteam sweepstakes, which is ongoing now through June 24**, to celebrate the series’ arrival on Steam. Lucky winners can obtain various exciting prizes, such as a Steam Deck signed by Tetsuya Nomura, a Higround keyboard, game codes and more. For more information and the official rules, visit: https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/documents/khonsteam-the-sweepstakes-prize-draw.

KH_on_Steam_EN_1920x1080.png

A full list of KINGDOM HEARTS titles available for purchase on Steam is as follows:

• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
    • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD cutscene compilation)
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD cutscene compilation)

• KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
    • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage –
    • KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC)

• KINGDOM HEARTS INTEGRUM MASTERPIECE (includes all of the above compilations)

kingdom-hearts-is-out-the-complete-bundle-is-69-euros-v0-dtpobn6s3d6d1.png

Last edited:

graywolf323

Cheaper on Humble if you sub, or GMG.
Quite reasonable for the collection, all in, if you get the 43% discount.
right now GMG isn’t showing the 43% discount yet on the bundle (just the individual games) but it’ll likely end up being the cheapest place to pick up the series set (GMG usually has Square-Enix stuff for slightly cheaper than Humble Bundle even with the Choice sub discount)

though Humble for 41% off is still a pretty good deal as well

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
right now GMG isn’t showing the 43% discount yet on the bundle (just the individual games) but it’ll likely end up being the cheapest place to pick up the series set (GMG usually has Square-Enix stuff for slightly cheaper than Humble Bundle even with the Choice sub discount)

though Humble for 41% off is still a pretty good deal as well

The bundle doesant show up for me on GMG :/

Bojji

I tired to get into it in PS2 days and on PS4/PS5. Yeah this shit is not for me, why I bought PS4 remaster of first two games is beyond me...

I mean, it looks like decent FF spin off and then... mickey mouse or other Disney stupid shit is on screen:

I've managed to get halfway through the first game and it's a lot of fun. I'm mostly impressed by how well the graphics hold up for a game that released in 2001. I'm completely lost with the story but I'll hopefully finish it by the end of the year. 99$ for the whole collection is a decent but I grabbed the PS4 collection for $40-50 awhile back.

amigastar

I don't know anything about this franchise. Is it an RPG?
Which one is the best? Probably the first, right?

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Picking the best Kingdom Hearts is like looking in the toilet after shitting out a Chipotle burrito and picking the best piece of poop, there’s a lot to choose from, and they’re all about the same.
Except one is special as it's full of corn.

But you didn't have any corn you tell yourself

So where did it come from? Why is it so mesmerising to look and ponder about the mystery of how this came too be. This special among turds.

That is Kingdom Hearts 2.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I still don't even know wtf even goes on in those games and frankly I kinda don't even care to get an explanation. My head cannon is Donald duck is the main protagonist

Ironically Donald Duck might be as well be.

Spoilers obviously if you are only going into KH now on PC.

He is one of two(three now) characters that can perform ZettaFlare, the strongest spell in Final Fantasy lore.

Bravely Defaults final boss could do ZettaFlare and you were certain to break your 3DS because that boss can fuck right off.
Bahumat in FF16.
And Donald fucking Duck.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Loved the first one. The second was meh. Dropped the third because it was boring and kept referring to events that I had absolutely no idea about.

Yes, because what you did is the same as reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, skipping to Goblet of Fire, and then finishing with Deathly Hallows. You literally skipped the majority of the franchise - all of which are important in understanding the narrative.

Disco Dave

You have to play all 9 games between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Yes, because what you did is the same as reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, skipping to Goblet of Fire, and then finishing with Deathly Hallows. You literally skipped the majority of the franchise - all of which are important in understanding the narrative.
Poor analogy. Harry Potter novels were sequential and available in paper format as well as digital.

Kingdom Hearts had three numbered entries with upwards of 5 games released on different consoles between the first and third entry. I had a PS2 where I played the first two numbered entries. I don't want to buy a PSP, DS, 3DS or a GBA to play one game to understand a narrative. I also don't like the format or gameplay of some entries which is why I didn't play the re-releases.

Top Bottom