• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

latest

Hahaha, that worked exactly as I hoped it would. I made up all of that nonsense, haven't read any of those recent spoilers. I'm sorry, guys :-*

But, come on, you have to admit, that was masterfully done :D

wow these plot developments sound groundbreaking jk

Hahaha, that worked exactly as I hoped it would. I made up all of that nonsense, haven't read any of those recent spoilers. I'm sorry, guys :-*

But, come on, you have to admit, that was masterfully done :D

Reading these posts after the fact sure was an adventure.

Natheren

Been looking for the other set of spoilers outside of the 4chan ones and still have yet to find them. Do we know if this is the same user that released bogus ones from last time or is this a different user?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Can't believe I'm essentially buying 2 physical copies of Kingsglaive. 2 steelbooks and Brotherhood though. Can't resist. I'll be preordering that guide as soon as there's a preview image too.

Can't believe I'm essentially buying 2 physical copies of Kingsglaive. 2 steelbooks and Brotherhood though. Can't resist. I'll be preordering that guide as soon as there's a preview image too.
I preordered the guide without even knowing what it looks like. The game informer issue is in a frame hanging in my den. The obsession is real

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Says a lot about people's faith in SQEX's storytelling ability when people fall for that, lol.

Koozek

I really think, though, that one of the classic summons has a human form or something unusual. Quoting myself from a while back:

Koozek

LOOOL, the irony. I just accidentally clicked on the Kingsglaive spoiler thread over on Mognet instead of the normal news thread :D My scroll game was strong enough, though.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
No, the Blu Ray release doesn't hit until September 30th, the same day the game releases.

Well, the Kingsglaive bluray that comes with the Deluxe edition releases at the same time as the game. The standalone bluray doesn't have a release date yet as far as I know.

The 4chan and Mognet spoilers are both very similar with the exception of one very large discrepancy regarding
Glauca

Hard to tell which is real.

The movie is out this week is Japan. Please, someone post here which spoilers are true, the ones from 4chan or mognet or Reddit.

Edit: I'm not saying to post the spoilers, just if any of them is true =p

jett

D-Member
FF14 did the summon = person thing so it's not entirely new.

Huh that potentially confirms one of dem leaked rumors.

I guess when the game comes out we'll find out immediately. :p They are suspiciously not showing the opening to journos...

Ydelnae

The 4chan and Mognet spoilers are both very similar with the exception of one very large discrepancy regarding
Glauca

Hard to tell which is real.

Warning: do not read, Kingsglaive spoilers:
Well, what if Drautos was both Glauca and Cor's brother? But it wouldn't make sense for Cor to not recognize him if Drautos works for the king.

I guess when the game comes out we'll find out immediately. :p They are suspiciously not showing the opening to journos...

I mean, the information about the Astrals assuming other forms is old so surely would be in the "leaks" right?

The movie is out this week is Japan. Please, someone post here which spoilers are true, the ones from 4chan or mognet or Reddit.

Edit: I'm not saying to post the spoilers, just if any of them is true =p

I'm seeing it first thing Saturday morning and I'll be sure to post on GAF. I was thinking about making a discussion thread.

Warning: do not read, Kingsglaive spoilers:
Well, what if Drautos was both Glauca and Cor's brother? But it wouldn't make sense for Cor to not recognize him if Drautos works for the king.

That's actually something I first speculated given the 2013 trailer's end and seeing
not-Cor there with Cor and noticing both sharing similarities, as well as differences.
It would also go with the whole original idea
regarding the whole mafia ties, royalty and Shakespeare influence even though that has been changed significantly. It's about "family", and if connection between many of the characters, who are blood related, is significant. You have father and son, like Regis+Noctis and Clarus+Gladiolus, as well as siblings, like Stella+Ravus and if it turns out to be true, Cor+Drautos.

I'm seeing it first thing Saturday morning and I'll be sure to post on GAF. I was thinking about making a discussion thread.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!

Vinc

So the anime is having another episode this month.

Then this movie is out next month.

And FFXV is out in 2 months.

What the hell.

So the anime is having another episode this month.

Then this movie is out next month.

And FFXV is out in 2 months.

What the hell.

Episode is out on Thursday I believe, movie got positive reviews from early screenings. Just hoping for a decent game.

Don't break my heart.

But your
Cor + Not-Cor
theory sounds spot-on.

Oh shit, old habits die hard! I meant
Luna, but who knows, it could've also been an essential part of Versus and the very reason why Stella faced off against Noctis. It's all in the family. My theory to that was that, even though Stella and Noctis had "feelings" for each other, something regarding Ravus would've turned her against Noct. Blood's thicker than water type of thing, even if Ravus is a bastard.

Oh shit, old habits die hard! I meant
Luna, but who knows, it could've also been an essential part of Versus and the very reason why Stella faced off against Noctis. It's all in the family. My theory to that was that, even though Stella and Noctis had "feelings" for each other, something regarding Ravus would've turned her against Noct. Blood's thicker than water type of thing, even if Ravus is a bastard.

Would have been very interesting to see, but in the defense of Luna, making her a famous oracle with plans to wed Noctis, plus their childhood history does theoretically give her character a hefty significance to the story.

Who knows, Stella could have barely been a major figure in the Versus story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

This is true. And that shot of Noctis with longer hair in the E3 trailer...

wmlk

I mean, wasn't everybody and their mother thinking that Noctis would age throughout the story?

With hints like that and Tabata basically saying that summons are humans (Koozek and others latched on to it from way back) and a lot of other signs confirming it, then this could only mean one thing...

Koozek is Tabata.

This is true. And that shot of Noctis with longer hair in the E3 trailer...

What is true? We already had info of Astrals assuming other forms, even Koozek posted about it a fer posts above. I didn't read the spoilers so I don't know exactly what you guys are talking about but if it's something related to that then yeah, I don't know how the "leaker" would have missed this info.

Ray Down

Banned
What the heck are you guys talking about?

People are assuming Tabata quote that we will see a summoning in a very different take, confirms a supposed spoiler.

The gamesfaq spoiler about Arydn being Ifrit. Though it's really hard to consider it real just yet seeing how we don't really understand the context oif it just yet. Has Ifrit even have a character in the past games, like a personality?

Let's wait and see, seeing how he said this some time ago, it hasn't been a secret about seeing this, so lets wait and see.

People are assuming Tabata quote that we will see a summoning in a very different take, confirms a supposed spoiler.

The gamesfaq spoiler about Arydn being Ifrit. Though it's really hard to consider it real just yet seeing how we don't really understand the context oif it just yet. Has Ifrit even have a character in the past games, like a personality?

Let's wait and see, seeing how he said this some time ago, it hasn't been a secret about seeing this, so lets wait and see.

Which gamefaqs spoilers are you talking about? I hope you don't mean that one that was "officially" denounced.
The one where you Ardyn isn't Ifrit, but the FIRST king of Lucis and is thousands of years old.

So far, rumors are all over the place. I have yet to see the one people are talking about. The ones I know(regarding the game and Kingsglaive) are...
the first one where they say Noctis goes to sleep to gather the powers of the ring, wakes up older and with longer hair and fights Ifrit before Ardyn, who is the final boss(and the first king of Lucis, oh yeah, and is thousands of years old). This person said Luna dies fairly early and that Gentiana is actually Shiva in human form.

The Kingsglaive spoilers have one saying that Regis made a pact with three gods to keep the powers of the waning crystal strong, in turn for the sacrifice of Noctis on his 15th birthday, which he refused and the three gods cursed the land, as well as appointed Ravus the job to kill Noctis. Glauca is Cor's brother, Clarus is the one that betrays the kingdom, Crowe survives and forms a rebel group that you meet in the game. Luna escapes, only to be captured by Ravus, her brother, and is taken to Altissia. Gentiana is Leviathan in human form.

The second rumor is that the ring of Kings can only be used by the Lucis royal family, and others who try to harness the powers are killed(Nyx is granted the use of the powers by Regis, which only last until dawn when it takes Nyx's life). Glauca is Drautos, Niflheim orchestrated everything regarding the invasion, Claurs is good and dies protecting Regis, and there are a lot of members within Kingsglaive that betray Lucis.

I'm wondering where the truth lies. The first Gamefaqs rumor had a lot of people believing it because the call on the Trail of the Titan demo, as well as the longer haired Noctis seen in the E3 trailer. Still, they didn't talk in depth about other important things, like those three gods which are supposed to be significant to the plot.

Kingsglaive rumor #1talks about the significance of the three gods and the goddess of dawn.

Kingsglaive rumor #2 says nothing about the gods, but talks about the inner turmoil amongst the Lucian ranks.

Koozek

I mean, wasn't everybody and their mother thinking that Noctis would age throughout the story?

With hints like that and Tabata basically saying that summons are humans (Koozek and others latched on to it from way back) and a lot of other signs confirming it, then this could only mean one thing...

Koozek is Tabata.

08mywC0.jpg

Top Bottom