• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima: MGS Peace Walker is indeed MGS5

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
absolutely hilarious, but probably disgustingly effective

StuBurns

Banned
It either needs a PS3/PS2 SKU or Sony need to fucking enable PSP emulation for PS3 or it looks like I won't even be playing MGS5.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I havent play the demo yet, does it spoil a lot of the story?

Hope the demo is good as some of you say, but I dont want o get all spoiled in advanced

duckroll

dgenx said:
I havent play the demo yet, does it spoil a lot of the story?

Hope the demo is good as some of you say, but I dont want o get all spoiled in advanced

The only story in the demo is in the opening scenes of the game and the tutorial. Beyond that they stripped all the story scenes from the other missions so there are no spoilers.

Xater

Oh my what's going on in here? :lol

Anyway, Kojima is such a tease on hiw Twitter. Damn I want this game so bad. The demo was fantastic. For me this is what Portable Ops should have been. I couldn't stand PO and gave up playing it after a few hours.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
duckroll said:
Okay, this is getting old. Everyone begging for a port gets a 1 month ban.
You should talk to the mods to enforce this in every thread too BTW. And damn does that cover look sweet. I will pre order this today in honor of such an occasion and Kojimas new ways.

Xater

LiquidMetal14 said:
You should talk to the mods to enforce this in every thread too BTW. And damn does that cover look sweet. I will pre order this today in honor of such an occasion and Kojimas new ways.

That cover will be just for Japan btw. I hope they will come up with something decent for us.

duckroll

Port begging is an offense. If it is not enforced as much as it should be, that is simply an oversight, it does not mean it is allowed, encouraged or tolerated.

Swittcher

Banned
kamspy said:
What a thrill...
With darkness and silence through the night

What a thrill...
I'm searching and I'll melt into you

What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

I'd give my life
Not for honour, but for you! [Snake Eater]
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Snake Eater]
I'm still in a dream,
Snake Eater!

Someday you go through the rain
And someday, you feed on a tree frog

This ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light!

I'd give my life
Not for honour, but for you! [Snake Eater]
In my time there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Snake Eater]
I'm still in a dream,
Snake Eater!

I am still in a dream,
Snake Eater!

This made me lol out of my chair for some reason.

I have a retardedly dumb question. I just bought a PSP Go, this will be available for download from the PSN right? They aren't going to pull a Kingdom hearts BBS and have it be UMD only?

duckroll

TSAGoodness said:
I have a retardedly dumb question. I just bought a PSP Go, this will be available for download from the PSN right? They aren't going to pull a Kingdom hearts BBS and have it be UMD only?

I believe they have confirmed that the US release at least, will definitely be on PSN.

duckroll said:
I believe they have confirmed that the US release at least, will definitely be on PSN.

Awesome, thanks! My inner nerd wanted me to buy the Go just to have the latest thing, but in the back of my mind I feel like Sony isn't fully supporting it, adding all the games they should be adding to the PSN.

mehdi_san

duckroll is gonna make fun of me for this, but I really think I'm gonna buy the UMD version of PW just for the boxart and the instruction manual (always well
done for the MGS games), even if I own a PSPgo and can't play UMDs :lol You know what, maybe they should make deluxe editions of big games on the PSN (like iTunes with music albums). They could make a pack with the digital copy of the game, a digital artbook (viewable on psp and ps3 for instance), the soundtrack on mp3 files, etc... I would sooo buy that :D Seriously, they should really do it!!

mehdi_san said:
duckroll is gonna make fun of me for this, but I really think I'm gonna buy the UMD version of PW just for the boxart and the instruction manual (always well
done for the MGS games), even if I own a PSPgo and can't play UMDs :lol You know what, maybe they should make deluxe editions of big games on the PSN (like iTunes with music albums). They could make a pack with the digital copy of the game, a digital artbook (viewable on psp and ps3 for instance), the soundtrack on mp3 files, etc... I would sooo buy that :D Seriously, they should really do it!!

You know, that is an incredibly awesome idea! Like the new Blu Ray's that come with digital copies. I would totally buy a deluxe edition of peace walker for the exact same reasons you mentioned, as long as it came with a digital copy.

duckroll

Aren't portions of the God of War 3 LE digital? I think the soundtrack and making of contents are downloads instead of physical discs...

Xater

duckroll said:
Aren't portions of the God of War 3 LE digital? I think the soundtrack and making of contents are downloads instead of physical discs...

Heavy Rain SE also has a download soundtrack. It is definitely possible to do.

Baki

duckroll said:

Are PSN releases cheaper. I like solid stuff but digital stuff loads faster etc..

duckroll

Xater said:
Heavy Rain SE also has a download soundtrack. It is definitely possible to do.

Well of course it's possible to do, I'm actually trying to judge how -willing- publishers are to do it. So far both games are first party though. Atlus had a soundtrack for Persona PSP retail, but none for the digital release for example.

mehdi_san

But they shouldn't do it for PS3 games! What's wrong with Sony seriously? They have bluray discs with 50gb of capacity, so they could put the documentary in 1080p and the soundtrack uncompressed for higher quality! But instead, they make us download it :( .... That's a thing they should be doing for PSP games instead!

Xater

duckroll said:
Well of course it's possible to do, I'm actually trying to judge how -willing- publishers are to do it. So far both games are first party though. Atlus had a soundtrack for Persona PSP retail, but none for the digital release for example.

The wiling is a whole other problem. So far Sony seems to be the most progressive but they also want to see DD to succeed. I don't see doing Konami doing something like this any time soon. :(

duckroll

mehdi_san said:
But they shouldn't do it for PS3 games! What's wrong with Sony seriously? They have bluray discs with 50gb of capacity, so they could put the documentary in 1080p and the soundtrack uncompressed for higher quality! But instead, they make us download it :( .... That's a thing they should be doing for PSP games instead!

Yes, I agree, it's upsetting that for a big retail console LE they can't even afford to press an extra soundtrack CD, or have a bonus disc for the features, etc. Yet for PSN games which are the only way for PSP Go users to buy their games, they offer no sort of bonus freebie at all, while retail versions enjoy such extras. It's backwards and unfortunate.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
duckroll said:
Port begging is an offense. If it is not enforced as much as it should be, that is simply an oversight, it does not mean it is allowed, encouraged or tolerated.
Just to clarify the begging part. Am I correct in assuming that it's okay to make a post stating that you would like a port, but extensively talking about it in a thread that isn't dedicated to that topic is an offense due to taking the thread off topic? Being that this is a gaming board, the topic isn't going to go away. There are quite a bit of titles that people would like ported over to other platforms. IIRC there have been dedicated threads in the past about ports, specifically for the entire PS2 library ported to PS3 as well as games like Mother/Earthbound, Nights: Into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun, etc. etc. I'm just wondering where the line is on this.

duckroll said:
Yes, I agree, it's upsetting that for a big retail console LE they can't even afford to press an extra soundtrack CD, or have a bonus disc for the features, etc. Yet for PSN games which are the only way for PSP Go users to buy their games, they offer no sort of bonus freebie at all, while retail versions enjoy such extras. It's backwards and unfortunate.

Yeah I think its already been mentioned, iTunes has done it, like even a downloadable PDF of the instruction manual, and box art, I'd love that! Just to have it in case I ever want to refer to it, that'd be sweet.

Xater

TSAGoodness said:
Yeah I think its already been mentioned, iTunes has done it, like even a downloadable PDF of the instruction manual, and box art, I'd love that! Just to have it in case I ever want to refer to it, that'd be sweet.

Every title you buy has a manual. Press triangle on the XMB and you can select it. ;)

duckroll

MadOdorMachine said:
Just to clarify the begging part. Am I correct in assuming that it's okay to make a post stating that you would like a port, but extensively talking about it in a thread that isn't dedicated to that topic is an offense due to taking the thread off topic? Being that this is a gaming board, the topic isn't going to go away. There are quite a bit of titles that people would like ported over to other platforms. IIRC there have been dedicated threads in the past about ports, specifically for the entire PS2 library ported to PS3 as well as games like Mother/Earthbound, Nights: Into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun, etc. etc. I'm just wondering where the line is on this.

The line is simple. If a game is coming out on a certain platform now, and is not announced for other platforms, the discussion created from asking for a port on another current platform, or suggesting that it is a better idea for that platform, will always result in the same conclusion: one side will go "just buy <insert system here> and stop whining, while the other side will go "no I have no interest in that system I want it on a platform I own!". There is no room for progressive discussion, it will just fall into a cycle of whining and/or console wars. Stupid and pointless.

Discussing legacy titles is a completely different issue.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I just want heaven's divide :(

Xater said:
Every title you buy has a manual. Press triangle on the XMB and you can select it. ;)

whoaaa, mind blown. Is it full color and just like the real manual with all the artwork that would be in it?

duckroll

TSAGoodness said:
whoaaa, mind blown. Is it full color and just like the real manual with all the artwork that would be in it?

Yes. Every PSP digital release comes with the complete manual as it is in the retail package, in digital form. ]

duckroll said:
Yes. Every PSP digital release comes with the complete manual as it is in the retail package, in digital form. ]

That's really cool, I haven't received my PSP go yet (still shipping) so I never knew that, that's pretty rad.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
duckroll said:
The line is simple. If a game is coming out on a certain platform now, and is not announced for other platforms, the discussion created from asking for a port on another current platform, or suggesting that it is a better idea for that platform, will always result in the same conclusion: one side will go "just buy <insert system here> and stop whining, while the other side will go "no I have no interest in that system I want it on a platform I own!". There is no room for progressive discussion, it will just fall into a cycle of whining and/or console wars. Stupid and pointless.

Discussing legacy titles is a completely different issue.
I just read the ToS and didn't find this anywhere. I understand it was getting out of hand in this thread, but there are times when it is a legitimate issue. For example. Microsoft and Sony are about to release Natal and Arc. I'm sure there are some games people would like ported from Wii to one or both of those platforms. There are also people who would like PS3/360 games (ex. RE5) ported to Wii. There's also the issue that exclusives aren't necessarily exclusive anymore. Eventually a lot of games are ported to other consoles and I can't help but think NeoGAF had some impact on that. I understand that it was getting out of hand in this thread, but limiting our voices could be detrimental to NeoGAF and perhaps the gaming community in the future. NeoGAF is the voice of hard gaming. If we didn't ask for it, games like BioShock and Ninja Gaiden Sigma might not have ever made into the hands of some gamers. You are a mod and I respect your decision to cut it out of the current thread, but I request that you have the issue looked into. It would be a shame if someone were banned for talking about something as common as a port.

Jackl

Kojima has the Star Trek curse. Its an odd number Metal Gear, a must buy.

1. FUCK YEA
2. Eh.....
3. FUCK YEA
4. FUCK Ywait wat?
5. ??????

Since my other PSP Go questions were answered I figured I'd ask this in this thread:

I was browsing the PSN store on my PS3 and saw the games I could get for my PSP, but Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman wasn't on the list, then I saw on amazon that I could download an online game code for it from there? How come I can get certain games online from amazon, but not on the PSN store? Or, and this may be answering my own question, are certain games only visible when browsing the PSN store on the actual PSP?

Xater

TSAGoodness said:
Since my other PSP Go questions were answered I figured I'd ask this in this thread:

I was browsing the PSN store on my PS3 and saw the games I could get for my PSP, but Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman wasn't on the list, then I saw on amazon that I could download an online game code for it from there? How come I can get certain games online from amazon, but not on the PSN store? Or, and this may be answering my own question, are certain games only visible when browsing the PSN store on the actual PSP?

I think that's a mistake by Amazon. The game was taken down because they had to change the name to "What did I do to deserve this, my lord!?"

Colocho

Banned
I'll get this because I'm a huge Metal Gear whore, but the demo didn't wow me at all and I feel the Big Boss thing is getting over played. It was great in MGS3 to get the backstory to the whole series, but getting 2 more games (MGS: PO and PW) to follow up on his story doesn't appeal to me at all.

As big a Metal Gear fan as I am, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been following this game.

I need to catch up and join the hype train.

lupinko

duckroll said:

Yes, the documentary with Peter Weller, the Trilogy OST, the Heavy Metal AST as well as DLC for the game.

Top Bottom