• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer (#2) Kaiju v King

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube

While there may be no dinosaurs in this iteration of King Kong, there are certainly all sorts of monsters.

For those who haven't seen, here's the poster:

CxalKg4UoAA5hSe.jpg:orig

Pickman

Looks fun. John C Reilly is a bit over the top as usual but that can be written off to living on an island without toilet paper.

J_Viper

That was not good at all.

God damn it, that first teaser was great, but all those attempts at comedy in this trailer were complete misses.

Hoping it's just a bad trailer.

That was amazing. I don't know if having Reilly with his comedy fits this movie but well just have to find out. I really want this movie to have a dark tone. Scary like the first trailer gave us.

watershed

Banned
Looks fun. All the monsters remind me of Skull Island in Peter Jackson's Kong but this looks better so far. That movie was trying too hard to be classic in nature while this just looks like an entertaining monster movie. I hope it's good.

JMizzlin

Good thing there was a funny white dude on the island to provide exposition.

This thing looks so weird. I feel like it'll be a cult hit.

Corpekata

Banned
Pretty big tonal whiplash between trailers. Guess they wanted to assuage fears it might be too much like the Godzilla reboot?

Khezu

For me the lightheartedness is kinda welcome, the original trailer look kinda eh to me.

Liking this one a lot more.

Samurai John C Reilly.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm still all in!

The John C Reilly comedy bits didn't work, but I'm hoping that's just not fitting right in the trailer. The visuals are spectacular.

...Well that sucked the second John C. Reilly showed up. That was some godawful humor.

Those lizards with skull heads were meh too. Damn it, that sucked any hype I had for this.

Blablurn

People didn't really enjoy the seriousness of Godzilla 2014 as far as I remember. Maybe adding more humour is just their new style.

Burt

Not really digging the goofy tone of the trailer TBH.

Yeah, looks like

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING DIDN'T YOU SEE THE SUICIDE SQUAD TRAILER NUMBERS JUST DO THAT"

I mean, movie looks fine, but classic rock and crowbarred humor seem to be the new Inception BRAHM

I still love you steve bruhle

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I wasn't expecting this to be a full blown Kaiju movie just a King Kong movie.

border

Is that Dr. Steve Brule wearing a jacket that says "For Your Health" on the back? I don't care for the Kong mythos at all, but I will watch it for more Awesome Show references.

Also I wish they were fighting lots of different types of monsters instead of an army of one type. There was a scene of them shooting a giant spider, but I bet it's a misunderstanding where someone freaks out and shoots at it and ends up pissing off The King. Peter Jackson's Skull Island was fucking frightening and I wish/hope this movie is just an extended version of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom