• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L4D2 characters/monsters come to Resident Evil 6 PC, RE6 monsters coming to L4D2

ArjanN

From the steam forums:

7 free DLC maps included in the PC version, and there will (probably) be a preload.

wbacon said:
Yes, I chatted with Sven earlier today - and I didn't realize he already posted about it. ;-)

Well I must preface this by stating nothing's 100% guaranteed, but rest assured both the dev team and QA folks are working around the clock to make this happen. There are still lots of last-minute checks the teams have to go through. It's going to be very close.

That being said, we completely understand the pain and agony of waiting for a game to finish downloading, especially on the day of launch. The last thing we want to do, however, is pre-load a build that's either broken or incomplete. Not fun if you have to redownload especially when the payload is over 16GB.

There is one more good news I'd like to share with the community. The seven EXTRA MODE maps will be included in the PC version for all customers. You will not pay extra for these.
William

nbthedude

- There's a free benchmark here: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/resident-evil-6

- new and exclusive mode, The Mercenaries: No Mercy takes fan favorite The Mercenaries and ramps up the gameplay even further. More enemies on screen than ever before will provide a greater challenge, but also the opportunity for players to use their skills to rack up even higher combo scores!

- Both digital and physical versions will include the following features, which were added to the console versions in post-launch title updates: access to Ada Wong’s campaign from the outset along with the option to play this campaign with a co-op partner, and the ability to fine tune the in-game camera. As with the console releases, players of the PC version will also be able to take advantage of ResidentEvil.net.

- playable Left for Dead 2 characters in Mercenaries mode.

- steamworks, achievements etc.

Yeah, I knew about most of this stuff.

I mean non-PR feedback about the game's performance/improvements on PC.

I can't find anything.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah, I knew about most of this stuff.

I mean non-PR feedback about the game's performance/improvements on PC.

I can't find anything.

That's... Exactly what that is? If you want to know how it performs, that's in the benchmark. You can also sustain a lot from that on how it looks. Improvements in features have been announced, improvements in technicalities can be seen either in the Benchmark, or wait for impressions. However, I've had faith as Resident Evil 5 was actually a really good PC Port.

nbthedude

That's... Exactly what that is? If you want to know how it performs, that's in the benchmark. You can also sustain a lot from that on how it looks. Improvements in features have been announced, improvements in technicalities can be seen either in the Benchmark, or wait for impressions. However, I've had faith as Resident Evil 5 was actually a really good PC Port.

No. Benchmarks are often not at all a good indication of rea performance. Nor do they tell you anything about stability, bugs, or compatibility issues.

Rubius

I'm sorry, but no.

Zoey > GRABBIN' PEELS > Punk-rock dude > Ellis > Bill > YOU SPILLED COFFEE ON MY F-- >= -ING $3000 SUIT! COME ON! > other two.

Anyway, Ellis is the only one that looks good in those shots. Everything else looks horribad.

Nice to see Capcom and Valve work together though, I guess?

Zoey was cool brah. Loved Zoey.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Update is out for RE6

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10349/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Characters from Left 4 Dead™ 2 have invaded Resident Evil™ 6!

Owners of Resident Evil 6 on Steam are able to select one of four survivors from Left 4 Dead 2’s iconic cast – Coach, Ellis, Nick and Rochelle – when playing PC exclusive mode, The Mercenaries Unlimited No Mercy. Each character will have a special customized weapon load-out created just for use in Resident Evil 6. In addition to the four survivors, infamous Special Infected zombies from the Left 4 Dead franchise will also make a cameo appearance in this mode, relentlessly attacking players regardless of whether a character from Left 4 Dead 2 or Resident Evil 6 is chosen. This new and exclusive content will automatically be downloaded in the background to all owners of the PC version of Resident Evil 6. Have fun!”

Top Bottom