• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

i haven't been able to find them at a good price yet... those I found on amazon but the seller wanted $30 for the set. I'm sure they are way cheaper though.
I don't even know who/what to look for - they aren't Decool and searching Sheng Yuan brings up nothing but books?

Rootbeer

Banned
You are welcome... i'll be looking around, i tend to buy my bootlegs on ebay due to the cheaper prices.

Well... let's see if Town Hall goes back on order today as it is showing SOLD OUT status right now. Maybe the time has finally expired. I'm not going to be that bothered but if there are more chances to get it at retail price I could cave.

--

So I have a bricklink order I paid for on Sept 25th (yeah, they sent me an invoice after the shipping was calculated) and it looks like the seller is not going to ship :( There is feedback left a day after I placed my order saying their order was not shipped after 11 days, so I'm not alone. I am trying to contact them and work it out. Sucks.

--

Third edit (cause I obviously have nothing else to do at 5:23am)

Someone just bought Town Hall after it went back in stock. This guy!

Link if anyone else wants to jump on:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Town-Hall-10224

Maybe I'll have enough VIP points to buy Slave I at 50% off in January :p

Ryuuroden

You are welcome... i'll be looking around, i tend to buy my bootlegs on ebay due to the cheaper prices.

Well... let's see if Town Hall goes back on order today as it is showing SOLD OUT status right now. Maybe the time has finally expired. I'm not going to be that bothered but if there are more chances to get it at retail price I could cave.

--

So I have a bricklink order I paid for on Sept 25th (yeah, they sent me an invoice after the shipping was calculated) and it looks like the seller is not going to ship :( There is feedback left a day after I placed my order saying their order was not shipped after 11 days, so I'm not alone. I am trying to contact them and work it out. Sucks.

--

Third edit (cause I obviously have nothing else to do at 5:23am)

Someone just bought Town Hall after it went back in stock. This guy!

Link if anyone else wants to jump on:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Town-Hall-10224

Maybe I'll have enough VIP points to buy Slave I at 50% off in January :p

I just made like another 150 dollars worth of bricklink orders this week. I have pretty much cleared USA sellers of one particular type of brick in any quantities over 20. There is only like 1400 of them left worldwide and I have like 500 now.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just made like another 150 dollars worth of bricklink orders this week. I have pretty much cleared USA sellers of one particular type of brick in any quantities over 20. There is only like 1400 of them left worldwide and I have like 500 now.

grats but have you ever had problems with sellers not following through? cause I may be facing that.

i am goign to give them until monday to ship. yeah, i'm generous.

Zerojul

Wow. Is that for your Orthanc ?

Holy crap.

Will you share what piece it is?

I will then buy the rest and charge you an uplift.

Alright. It's beenover 24 hours since calling LEGO and trying to get them to send to a different address. They said 1-2 days, and nothing happened. No email. Order still cancelled. No charges on card.

Do I keep being impatient and call them back, or wait one more day before calling them? Each call they ask if I need the stuff fast for a kids birthday or something. Why should that matter? Ugh. I just want my stuff, and don't want to have to keep waiting for confirmation because of their broken ass system.

It's as if the bootleggers thought "Hmm, what if LEGO did a modernized version of Fabuland?"

The results are pretty cute. I'm going to buy some.

41NsUSTyk8L.jpg

Happy Tree Friends?

Ryuuroden

Holy crap.

Will you share what piece it is?

I will then buy the rest and charge you an uplift.

Yeah I'll share what piece when I get home from work.

Wow. Is that for your Orthanc ?

Yep

grats but have you ever had problems with sellers not following through? cause I may be facing that.

i am goign to give them until monday to ship. yeah, i'm generous.

Two times I've had to send a friendly reminder email asking the seller when they plan to ship it. Both times it got shipped right after I did that. I still leave positive feedback if that happens, I just leave out the fast shipping part. I would only leave negative if I never get what I ordered.

ghostmind

Not sure if it is just a temporary thing due to 2X VIP, but 31012 CREATOR Family House is sold out, which is pretty fast considering it was released in May 2013.

Ponn

Banned
Ok so I went over everything back and forth and this is what i'm going to order Friday when paycheck hits account.

Santa's Workshop
Purple Mixel Tribe
Claw/sharp thingie Tribe
Slime Green Tribe x 2 (getting extra set for nephew)
Halloween Bat (going to make a pumpkin for halloween with this sitting on it)
Snowman set
Reindeer set
Tower of Orthanc

Still deciding to throw in a couple minifigs or not because I havnt found any locally. Will split it up to get two promo sets and with vip points I already have that should be at about $40 credit for brickfriday so yay!

Oh for fucks sake. Trying to call customer service and got disconnected just as the person was coming on with an update about my order. I call back, and then get disconnected when another call comes in. On phone for the third time in fifteen minutes. I want to punch someone.

EDIT: It is still in process. I will know within an hour or so if it is shipping. Even if the experience of ordering has been incredibly frustrating, the customer service people are very nice and doing what they can.

Zerojul

Ok so I went over everything back and forth and this is what i'm going to order Friday when paycheck hits account.

Santa's Workshop
Purple Mixel Tribe
Claw/sharp thingie Tribe
Slime Green Tribe x 2 (getting extra set for nephew)
Halloween Bat (going to make a pumpkin for halloween with this sitting on it)
Snowman set
Reindeer set
Tower of Orthanc

Still deciding to throw in a couple minifigs or not because I havnt found any locally. Will split it up to get two promo sets and with vip points I already have that should be at about $40 credit for brickfriday so yay!

Funny thing, that's about exactly what I'm planning to order (except only one green tribe for me) when the free winter set promo kicks in in Europe ;)
But I can't find the Reindeer or the Snowman anywhere on the French S@H :(
Anyway, congrats on an awesome future haul :)

I will get Pet Shop, but I'm one of those on the fence about Town Hall. I'm 4 modulars behind and of those, Town Hall is at the bottom of my list and it's the most expensive of the 4.

FYI, Grand Emporium is Sold Out. Pet Shop and Town Hall can't be too far behind (less than a year IMO). I recall seeing someone here post Town Hall production has already stopped and they are just going through remaining inventory.

http://toysnbricks.com/10211-grand-emporium-officially-sold-out-retired/

Rootbeer

Banned
It's sad to see some of these modulars seemingly being discontinued earlier than they deserve. They should keep several in production so people just coming into the fold have several options available.

But if Town Hall really IS ending production then there will only be Perisian Restaurant and Palace Cinema until the Detective Agency is out.

Now that I've already invested in several modulars it makes me want more of the previous ones so I can have a nicer display. I need to look into getting a Grand Emporium i guess... it would be nice to have a "corner" modular as my others aren't
My holiday animal (and snowman) collection:

dL0KcDg.jpg

Come thursday I'll have that same lineup!

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm biased towards minifigures so probably the polybags, but the animals are still really great.

I don't have any of those polybags :( I can't believe I went the entire 2013 without buying a single one of those... :/

I liked the seasonal scenes and all, and they were great for figures and parts. But the animals are just so damn cute and exude personality. Just great little builds and tons of fun.

They are also great parts packs, because now I have tons of eyes.

Ponn

Banned
I liked the seasonal scenes and all, and they were great for figures and parts. But the animals are just so damn cute and exude personality. Just great little builds and tons of fun.

They are also great parts packs, because now I have tons of eyes.

Oh man, I just couldn't find the ambition right now but that got me thinking between those and Mixels you would probably have enough pieces for a killer Beholder monster for a Halloween scene.

Oh man, I just couldn't find the ambition right now but that got me thinking between those and Mixels you would probably have enough pieces for a killer Beholder monster for a Halloween scene.
With all the eyes from Mixels, a Beholder has been on my mind for months.

rallaren

Just built 70723 Thunder Raider and I think it's one of my favorites, for the size. Really good value imo. Might depend on if you like Ninjago or not but i'm really not a fan myself. Just a fun set.

mwpWL8v.jpg

My two 2014 sets. Ultra Sonic Raider (not pictured..) is still favorite.

My holiday animal (and snowman) collection:

dL0KcDg.jpg

I skipped the bunny, but now I want it after I see all the cool other brick built ones. They really did well with those.

I was at the LEGO store yesterday and those were flying off the shelves. Lots of people grabbed them as they were going to pay. Those are great stocking stuffers or small gifts.

Looks like my order finally went through. Ugh. I better not have to do that with every order.
And now since it is days later, Santas Workshop is on back order. Whatever. I wouldn't build it until mid November anyways.

Called Nashville store. They had a tumbler left. Shit. After all that order drama I am going to drive there. Tumbler for tonight. Huge order incoming in a few days.

Haven't found it yet, but the little brother to the seasonal snowman is on my list.

So what do you all prefer, the 2014 seasonal animals, or the 2013 seasonal polybags?

STimlFz.jpg
9qWscOw.jpg

I am annoyed that my local store got about 15 copies of the 2013 Thanksgiving polybag in total so I missed it. I really liked the other ones though so I'd probably cast my vote in their direction. I'm a sucker for little vignettes and that's all these really are.

The animals are definitely nice though. I want to get the Reindeer but haven't seen it yet.

Haven't found it yet, but the little brother to the seasonal snowman is on my list.

So what do you all prefer, the 2014 seasonal animals, or the 2013 seasonal polybags?

STimlFz.jpg
9qWscOw.jpg

More of a polybag fan, but I've been more a poly fan since I was a kid. They have a weird charm I can't place my finger on.

I wish veriety sample packs would come back. Nice way to hook people onto other themes.

I can feel my back will be sore from this though.

And I was sad at the PAB wall there. They had windows but that was about it of note. Just regular bricks after that. No tiles like I wanted.

Top Bottom