• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Flandy

Wonder if VR worlds will be worth the $40. I was gonna get it but reading some impressions of it today is making me reconsider.

Kyolux

Wonder if VR worlds will be worth the $40. I was gonna get it but reading some impressions of it today is making me reconsider.

Yeah I cancelled mine. Reviews so far seems to have confirmed my original gut feeling about it. A shame, because I really want to play through London Heist. But $50 (in Canada) isn't really worth it for 40-45 minutes of gameplay.

Flandy

Yeah I cancelled mine. Reviews so far seems to have confirmed my original gut feeling about it. A shame, because I really want to play through London Heist. But $50 (in Canada) isn't really worth it for 40-45 minutes of gameplay.

Yeah thinking I can just put it towards Batman & Until Dawn or Battlezone. Though I'm not entirely sold on Battlzone yet.

$31 on Amazon if you pre-order, right?
meh when I consider that I can buy PSN codes for 10% off and that the amazon discount will still have tax on it while PSN won't the amazon discount kind of loses its appeal.
Not to mention that I prefer digital normally and I'll extra prefer digital with VR lol

DavidDesu

Playstation Blog has some confirmed dates for the VR experiences:

Day 1:
Allumette
Hulu
Invasion!
Littlstar VR Cinema
Vrideo
Within

source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/05/playstation-vr-launch-lineup-and-beyond/

Good to see some of the 360 video apps are there day one. I'll be curious to see if my ethernet 30mbps connection will mean significantly improved image quality for those over what I get on my Gear VR (most of them are terrible when streamed, basically pointless).

Any positive reviews worth reading on Batman? All I've seen this morning pushed me to cancel my order. (I think I'll get it digital anyway if I do)

On the PS I love you VR review both guys were super high on it. Colin said it was one of his games of the year.

Kyolux

On the PS I love you VR review both guys were super high on it. Colin said it was one of his games of the year.

Yeah, I saw that a few hours after posting this.

Still not sure. I think I'll wait on more impressions. There's so many games I want already.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm getting VR Worlds with my bundle but, from what I've seen in let's plays, I cannot imagine it possibly justifying more than a $10 purchase. It comes off as a glorified demo disc to me. Maybe there's some content I'm missing, but I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Flandy

I'm getting VR Worlds with my bundle but, from what I've seen in let's plays, I cannot imagine it possibly justifying more than a $10 purchase. It comes off as a glorified demo disc to me. Maybe there's some content I'm missing, but I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Yeah I'm thinking of waiting for the price to drop or maybe just picking up a 2nd hand copy since theres bound to be tons of copies floating around it with it being a bundled game and all

bryanee

Damn straight. I'm on break this week as well so it makes the wait even harder. Nothing I own currently is really appealing to me after seeing all of this coverage.

I've bought a 3DS with 7 games off of Ebay for a nice price which should be arriving tomorrow. Three Zelda games to play through so that should keep my busy.

The only thing I really wanted was that Ocean Depths experience in VR Worlds. Everything else I'm really not fussed about so can't justify buying it. There's other games like Rigs, Batman, Battlezone and "Keep talking and nobody explodes" that I'm looking forward to, plus some of the more social stuff like sportsbar and ST bridge crew.

Other than that I hope some chillout experiences come to it, I remember NASA were talking up their involvement with Sony about VR stuff, that would be cool.

ryseing

I've bought a 3DS with 7 games off of Ebay for a nice price which should be arriving tomorrow. Three Zelda games to play through so that should keep my busy.

Digging out the 3DS actually might be the way to go. I never actually finished FE Fates Birthright, and I still have Conquest and all the DLC to go through. Thanks for the idea.

Yeah I'm thinking of waiting for the price to drop or maybe just picking up a 2nd hand copy since theres bound to be tons of copies floating around it with it being a bundled game and all

Not sure if I'll be keeping my copy. It looks like an OK family and friends showcase but it appears that there are better ones like Until Dawn. I can't stand horror but I might get that one since it has the immediate jump in appeal that you need to show off tech like this to the not so tech savvy.

Flandy

Digging out the 3DS actually might be the way to go. I never actually finished FE Fates Birthright, and I still have Conquest and all the DLC to go through. Thanks for the idea.

Not sure if I'll be keeping my copy. It looks like an OK family and friends showcase but it appears that there are better ones like Until Dawn. I can't stand horror but I might get that one since it has the immediate jump in appeal that you need to show off tech like this to the not so tech savvy.
Well if you decide you don't want it shoot me a PM and maybe I can buy it off you

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The only thing I really wanted was that Ocean Depths experience in VR Worlds. Everything else I'm really not fussed about so can't justify buying it. There's other games like Rigs, Batman, Battlezone and "Keep talking and nobody explodes" that I'm looking forward to, plus some of the more social stuff like sportsbar and ST bridge crew.

Other than that I hope some chillout experiences come to it, I remember NASA were talking up their involvement with Sony about VR stuff, that would be cool.

I feel like this post kind of encapsulates how much of a paradigm shift VR is. Someone looking forward to Ocean Descent?! I feel like we need to stop waiting for the next traditional AAA title to shoehorn in VR and just wait for the next big idea that will show off what this medium can accomplish.

Briarios

So far, I have RIGS, Eve Valkyrie, Rush of Blood, Batman, and Rez pre-ordered. Now that I know SportsBarVR has AI, I'm seriously considering that day 1, as well. Possibly SuperHyperCube or Thumper ... Anyone hear anything about the Ace Banana one? Looks kinda cute ...

Good to see some of the 360 video apps are there day one. I'll be curious to see if my ethernet 30mbps connection will mean significantly improved image quality for those over what I get on my Gear VR (most of them are terrible when streamed, basically pointless).

Yeah. Now we just need them to confirm the formats for 360 degree VR video files for the media player.

Yeah, I could see this when not already getting it in the bundle and buying a bunch of other games, it makes sense, VR Worlds looks bigger and nicer than their starting point as pieces to show off the tech but they're each probably still mostly a collection of taste tests when there are bigger standalone titles (ofcourse you're getting a few of them in VR Worlds to compensate).

They seem like they are worth trying (except maybe for that luge thing to me) but when there are so many potentially good buys vying for our money at the same time those bigger titles might be worth picking up first at full price.
London Heist, The Deep, and that Scavenger thing still seem like pretty cool games/experiences though.

Chris_C

The Giant Bomb stream was a massive bummer, but I'm pleased to hear that their experience isn't definitive. It's a weird split, and I certainly hope we get some clarification on what's going on.

In contrast, the Game Informer stream seemed flawless. I'm still early, but watching the Batman demo carefully and I don't even notice any PS Move stutter/judder (which was present even in the Gamespot stream), let alone headtracking pulse.

Soi-Fong

Didn't know you were a dev. :0
You plan on working on psvr?

We'll be focused on the Oculus version next for it. We've talked about PSVR though, but right now nothing really solid.

Though, just like with most VR developers you can't ignore PSVR's potential userbase.

Im in the same boat on Rigs, have it preordered now but really leaning towards changing it to battlezone. Rigs looks so fun, but at the same time I don't want to get sick playing it.

I don't know which is more comfortable of the two but I do remember that for Rigs they showed in a youtube video that there is a comfort setting where it can black the edge subtly during certain things (I think) where it might be rougher but especially I remember you could stop it from even showing part of the eject sequence if it's too much.

I think it was in here somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvkxqsqlJfE

Kyonashi

So I see a lot of comments/articles about how PlayStation Move is highly recommended, but I really don't see this supported with games that are Move compatible? In terms of high-profile Move-compatible games, what do we have other than Batman, Job Sim, VR Worlds and Until Dawn?

I was considering it but I think I can save the £68.99(!!) for two new Move controllers and in the meantime play 100ft Robot Golf, Battlezone, Bound, Driveclub VR, EVE: Valkyrie, Headmaster, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Rez Infinite, RIGS, Thumper, Superhypercube and V.E.V...

Until we see some more Move-compatible titles I think I'll be fine with the DS4.

Waveset

I was planning to go mainly download versions with PSVR but, EVE: Valkyrie for £55 is too much for me.

In the description it says it contains the Founders Pack, does anyone know if a 'standard' version will be coming out?

kyser73

I figure Rez and DCVR will keep me more than occupied for a while. I reckon I've got about 1500 hours between those two in 2D already :)

Probably thrown in some Thumper too. There's a VR breakout-style game called Proton Pulse that looks really good too...and yes, I'm an old raver, and I will at some point be consuming some MDMA and playing Rez :)

Kyolux

I was planning to go mainly download versions with PSVR but, EVE: Valkyrie for £55 is too much for me.

In the description it says it contains the Founders Pack, does anyone know if a 'standard' version will be coming out?

Yeah I'm wondering this too. Physical version is expensive too. I've been tempted by the game, but I can't really seem to find any recent impressions of the game on PCVR with all the recent patches and stuff.

I'm really hoping for a space game that alternates between slow and medium pace and that has long hours of gameplay in store for VR.

I figure Rez and DCVR will keep me more than occupied for a while. I reckon I've got about 1500 hours between those two in 2D already :)

Probably thrown in some Thumper too. There's a VR breakout-style game called Proton Pulse that looks really good too...and yes, I'm an old raver, and I will at some point be consuming some MDMA and playing Rez :)

Proton Pulse looks really good. And Jake Kaufman on the music makes it even better.

muteki

So I see a lot of comments/articles about how PlayStation Move is highly recommended, but I really don't see this supported with games that are Move compatible? In terms of high-profile Move-compatible games, what do we have other than Batman, Job Sim, VR Worlds and Until Dawn?

I was considering it but I think I can save the £68.99(!!) for two new Move controllers and in the meantime play 100ft Robot Golf, Battlezone, Bound, Driveclub VR, EVE: Valkyrie, Headmaster, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Rez Infinite, RIGS, Thumper, Superhypercube and V.E.V...

Until we see some more Move-compatible titles I think I'll be fine with the DS4.

Yeah, if you are not getting the bundle or already have them, I don't see the software pushing me to run out and pickup move controllers right now.

Whats with the lack of Sega support for this thing? I would expect Sega to be all over it with games like Rise of Nightmares and Sonic Free Riders.

Crumpo

That list of launch window games is really long! I don't think I've seen such a well-supported platform launch in a while.

Someone earlier metioned individual game embargoes...are they not lifting for all launch games at once?

Thewonandonly

Ehhhhhhhh me to man and I've never played Rez so imma be on a fucking trip haha

I grabbed Rush of Blood, wasn't too sure but the impressions are solid and the $5 off from Prime sweetens the deal. That'll probably be my only physical game day one.

Will be grabbing a few digital titles though, namely RIGS and Driveclub. REZ too. I wanted Battlezone and Valkyrie but they're really expensive and I can wait for price drops. RIGS will satisfy my multiplayer needs for now.

Gemeanie

Not expecting it to last more than a few minutes but I'm pleased to know Cyber Danganronpa VR will be available in English/Chinese for free in Asia.

Playstation Taiwan did not mention requiring PS+ so I assume it doesn't?

Espiox

Not expecting it to last more than a few minutes but I'm pleased to know Cyber Danganronpa VR will be available in English/Chinese for free in Asia.

Playstation Taiwan did not mention requiring PS+ so I assume it doesn't?

Oh my god, really? That's fantastic.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

100% agree.

goonergaz

thought I'd plug in my moves and all I get is a blinking red light...I'm connected directly to the front with the USB...any ideas? Got 2 and both do the same so assuming I'm missing something

Kyolux

thought I'd plug in my moves and all I get is a blinking red light...I'm connected directly to the front with the USB...any ideas? Got 2 and both do the same so assuming I'm missing something

Are they charged? Are they synced?

Try holding the PS button?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I had to fiddle with mine until I rememberd to unplug the cable after then switch them on.

Top Bottom