• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo was turned into Let It Die

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
This is REALLY annoying.

jmizzal

Noooooooooooo

Nintendo plz save it
You picked up Devils Third and Bayo 2 from Japan devs

Get it and get NMH 3 while your at it

rrc1594

the-office-20.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got confused as hell when I saw Suda's name and a different game. Wouldn't be surprised, but Lily seemed more interesting so that's really lame.

Soma

Weirdly enough I had more of a knee-jerk reaction to this than the fake Last Guardian cancellation.

Betty

Banned
I knew there was something screwy going on, when Let It Die premiered instead of Lilly I figured something had happened.

I read the Famitsu interview, and this isn't a rumor. Unless they are bullshitting for some whacked out reason, Lily Bergamo is no more.

It was presented in a very silly way. It probably had no marketing traction at all. Suda's games had always been difficult to market so it can sell well.

Hope this new concept takes off and generates him the cash he needs to make any games he wants.

kadotsu

Banned
Thank god it happened this early. It would be far more heartbreaking if I saw enough of this game to get legitimately excited about it.

klee123

Considering that we've seen next to nothing with regards to Lilly Bergamo during TGS last year, I'm not surprised one bit.

Suda 51 did say that Lilly is a f2p game as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's not too surprising.

It seemed unlikely that GungHo would fund a full retail PS4 game with notable production values when they mostly manage mobile games and shovelware.

An f2p game with a more generic theme seems better in line.

One of the PS4 games I was excited for cancelled. That art-style by the No More Hero artist looked wonderful.

I guess with Suda's recent sales issues (going from EA to WB to Xseed) they wanted a more mainstream shooter.

Feel like this also effectively kills the little chance No More Heroes 3 had of happening. Looks like I won't get your games anymore Suda. One of the few places to get full-release Japanese quirkiness.

Top Bottom