• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of all Gafers in Asia who are getting PS4

Derpcrawler

Ah great news, BD region is the same too! Will probably get it from HK if it's not too outrageously expensive.

Yep just tried it again just now for a DS4

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Oh damn, I got same error. Try to order Xbox One, can you do that? It's actually need to be sold by "AmazonGlobal" and not just Amazon.

Alternatively use this page to search for AmazonGlobal eligible items: http://www.amazon.com/International...d_p=1421386442&pf_rd_i=international shipping

Zaki2407

Don't get rip off, just wait a week or 2, info of Malaysia launch date is coming.
There are media events happening for Asia PS4 everywhere.
Nov 5 for Taiwan
Nov 7 for HongKong
Nov12 for Singapore

My guess Malaysia get PS4 early December. I know I'll be joining midnight launch.

No Indonesia? It,ll be great if it,s in december.

CHusson91

Banned
I'm moving to Tokyo next month, and I plan on buying a PS4 at launch in Febuary (if I can actually find one, that is).

I'll be purchasing Yakuza and Battlefield 4.

FlutterPuffs, Malaysia, Killzone, Knack and whatever else I think could be fun.

PSN ID : ashrafazlan1989
Games : No fucking idea, I don't even know where i'll be getting my PS4 (December seems so far away) Probably just ebay it at an insane price.

Preorder from Gamer's Hideout Facebook page. They are the focus shops for Sony, you'll get one year warranty and all that.

MunkyGaban

Neo Member
Feel free to add me up, probably need to clean up my friends list first.

PSN ID: Munky_Gaban
Games: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Battlefield 4, Warframe, Call of Duty: Ghost (Maybe)

Should get my PS4 around early Dec.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
well ps3 slims are about 330 in Korea at the moment. I am expecting the ps4 to be around 700-800,000 won. Sony products are always quite expensive here in general.

That's surprising. I both know and assume that non-Playstation Sony stuff is expensive in Korea (as is throughout Asia) but I would have reckoned their consoles would be within reasonable price ranges.

In Taiwan they are. The Vita launched here at a reasonable price and the PS3 has a respectable price point compared to the UK/EU.

hardvibes

PSN ID: hardvibes
Games: for now I'm on PS3, playing Fifa13, GT5 and Tekken Revolution. Soon GT6. On PS4 I hope to get Fifa14, Driveclub and Deep down.

What the hell is wrong with internet in China?? I've been here for 10 months and I fucking hate internet. At work and home, we all hate it.

At home I have a 20mb optic fiber connection. DMZ, UPnP, static IP. I get NAT2, a download connection speed of 1mbps (maxium!) and a lot of lag.
But when I do a test on speedtest.net I always get 20-27mb
Why?
The DNS I always use are 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 , 192.168.1.1/8.8.8.8, regional DNS I get using Namebench, Opend DNS rarely.

Someone could help please?

sohois

PSN ID: hardvibes
Games: for now I'm on PS3, playing Fifa13, GT5 and Tekken Revolution. Soon GT6. On PS4 I hope to get Driveclub and Deep down.

What the hell is wrong with internet in China?? I've been here for 10 months and I fucking hate internet. At work and home, we all hate it.

At home I have a 20mb optic fiber connection. DMZ, UPnP, static IP. I get NAT2, a download connection speed of 1mbps (maxium!) and a lot of lag.
But when I do a test on speedtest.net I always get 20-27mb
Why?
The DNS I always use are 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 , 192.168.1.1/8.8.8.8, regional DNS I get using Namebench, Opend DNS rarely.

Someone could help please?

I've never found it to be too slow or laggy, not sure why your service is poor. Which provider are you with, China Telecom? Tbh, you'll probably get more answers from somewhere like r/China.

i-zombie

Neo Member
PSN ID : i-zombie

Probably not right AT launch, but will definitely be getting a PS4 within the next few months, with Killzone SF, and maybe Battlefield4 or AC4. Meantime I wouldn't mind more PS3 friends :)

Tevious

I'm living outside Seoul. I want a PS4, but I already have a PS3 and a Wii U here (that I never use). I really don't want to be hauling all 3 consoles and my laptop back with me on the plane when I go home September next year. Also, the PS4 launch lineup isn't too exciting right now. I wanted Watch Dogs, but it got delayed... -_-

So I'm really unsure whether or not I should get one right now or wait until Spring, or wait until I go back to the US. If I bought it here, I can take the PS4 as a carry on item in my backpack. But, is there any reason to think my PS3 and Wii U would survive in a suitcase packed with clothes on a plane the way they toss them around? Should I worry about theft?

[EDIT]
Only the price and release date are being announced Wednesday night.

PSN: kowak2009
Games: KZ:SF, Knack, BF4

Also Wednesday at midnight they will be announcing the Korean date and price for the PS4.

Hopefully it is the first week of December.

PSN ID: SolidChamp

Killzone Shadowfall, AC4, Destiny (? when does this get released ?), Diablo 3 (when it comes out/if PS3 saved characters can be carried over), not sure what else...

I think that announcement also includes the release date & price in Taiwan. I can wait a few extra weeks past the North American release date, so long as it's before I leave to go to Canada for a visit in late December.

Speaking of prices in Asia, the Vita currently sells for NT $5,950 here in Taiwan, which amounts to $200 on the button, no sales tax.

I'd say that's pretty good. Having lived in Korea, the consoles were always a bit more, but worked out to about the same when I put it up against the sales taxes in Ontario Canada (where I'm from). Software in both Taiwan and Korea is CHEAP! Especially when compared to places like Singapore.

Derpcrawler

Yes China Telecom

Do your games lag? It depends with whom you are playing, if you try to play with your friends from EU/US East you will get shitty connection, that's just physics (speed of light and all that). I never have lag when playing with people from Asia/US West, that's why I actually started this thread, since if you gonna play with people from Asia you will pretty much have 40-80ms latency all the time. Recently being playing BF4 on US West Coast servers, 4 out of 5 bars, smooth as butter,
2.1KD/78% winning

Also don't use Google DNS for PSN, it will screw up CDN servers since it will think you are in U.S., I get full 20Mbps when downloading on Vita (2-3Gb games take like 15-20Mins) and 10-15Mbps on my PS3, I would get 2-3Mbps tops when using GoogleDNS so I just use native ISP DNS on consoles.

Also do a speed test to US West (LA/SF) what are you speeds and latency? It really can vary by area in Shanghai, I get pretty good latency and speeds from Changning, solid 15-25Mbps to LA, with only 120-140ms latency:

Also updated the thread with new names and slowly adding you guys to my friend list, so if you see friend request saying "Derpcrawler from Gaf" - that's me.

industrian

Speaking of prices in Asia, the Vita currently sells for NT $5,950 here in Taiwan, which amounts to $200 on the button, no sales tax.

Is that the going price now?

Makes me feel like a bit of a sucker for paying $11,000 at launch for the Uncharted bundle. But I've got my moneys worth from it.

What district do you live in btw? There's very few TaiwanGAF members.

I'm from the Philippines, I'll be getting mine the 3rd of December when gets here from the US.

PSN: ron_bato
Games: Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF, NBA 2k14 and Warframe

Also, I think my PS3 friends list is full at the moment, but I'll delete a bunch of them later

Hey I know you from sonewhere lol

Might as well add mine in this list here:

PSN: Khrysler_Jerikho
Games: NBA2k14, Injustice

Might get it sometime in December

Qvoth

so... this is for asia region PSN account right?
or asia located PSN account holders?
not sure if i want to use my asia region PSN, had a stupid name back then <_<

hardvibes

Do your games lag? It depends with whom you are playing, if you try to play with your friends from EU/US East you will get shitty connection, that's just physics (speed of light and all that). I never have lag when playing with people from Asia/US West, that's why I actually started this thread, since if you gonna play with people from Asia you will pretty much have 40-80ms latency all the time. Recently being playing BF4 on US West Coast servers, 4 out of 5 bars, smooth as butter,
2.1KD/78% winning

Also don't use Google DNS for PSN, it will screw up CDN servers since it will think you are in U.S., I get full 20Mbps when downloading on Vita (2-3Gb games take like 15-20Mins) and 10-15Mbps on my PS3, I would get 2-3Mbps tops when using GoogleDNS so I just use native ISP DNS on consoles.

Also do a speed test to US West (LA/SF) what are you speeds and latency? It really can vary by area in Shanghai, I get pretty good latency and speeds from Changning, solid 15-25Mbps to LA, with only 120-140ms latency:

Also updated the thread with new names and slowly adding you guys to my friend list, so if you see friend request saying "Derpcrawler from Gaf" - that's me.

I don't know where people I'm playing with come from

This is my result (Shanghai)

Test to LA (pretty bad)

Ok thanks google DNS deleted...but what are the natives ISP DNS for China Telecom in Shanghai?

List so far:

Shizo - China, Shanghai (Killzone/Ghosts/BF4/Destiny/Diablo 3)
fongvita - Malaysia (Killzone/Knack/FIFA14)
hi-fi_famicom - Japan (Killzone/Warframe/Destiny)
Cheesecakebobby - Japan, Tokyo (Killzone/BF4/Destiny)
FL_Stud - Japan (Killzon/BF4/AC4/NFS: Rivals/Warframe/Warthunder/DCUO)
saintajola - Japan, Tokyo (Killzone, Knack, Warframe)
kowak2009 - Korea, Seoul (Killzone/BF4/Knack)
YbFelix - China, Fuzhou (Killzone/BF4)
industrian - Taiwan, Taipei (not decided yet)
BongoMarley - Thailand (not decided yet)
SpaceCobra - China, Shanghai (AC4/not decided yet)
LTH-Scarecrow - Hong Kong (not decided yet)
MidwinterNerv - Japan, Fukoka (Killzone/BF4/Knack/NFS: Rivals)
zaki2407 - Indonesia, Jakarta (not decided yet)
ashrafazlan1989 - Malaysia (not decided yet)
ron_bato - Philippines (Killzone/BF4/NBA2k14/Warframe)
mujun - Japan, Osaka (Killzone)
FlutterPuffs - Malaysia (Killzone/Knack)
Munky_Gaban - Brunei (Killzone/BF4/Warframe/Ghosts)
hardvibes - China, Shanghai (FIFA14/DriveClub/Deep Down)
i-zombie - Singapore (not decided yet)
quintencient_g - India (Killzone)
SolidChamp - Taiwan, Taipei (Killzone/AC4/Destiny/Diablo 3)
PropheV - Japan, Osaka (Killzone)
Khrysler_Jerikho - Philippines (NBA2K14/Injustice)

Awesome to see another fellow Bruneian gaffer :D

PSN ID: BushLovesOsama
Games: Planning to get with my PS4 one day, KS SF, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution, Knack and for sure Infamous: Second Son

May take sometime till i get my ps4 though :C

Derpcrawler

I don't know where people I'm playing with come from

This is my result (Shanghai)

Test to LA (pretty bad)

Ok thanks google DNS deleted...but what are the natives ISP DNS for China Telecom in Shanghai?

That's the problem, your speed in Shanghai is irrelevant. Since it's inside country/area, but your speed to US is atrocious both latency and bandwidth wise. Also did you buy "Guojie Jinping Wang" (&#22269;&#38469;&#31934;&#21697;&#32593;) addon? It's extra 100RMB per month if you go for 1:5 guaranteed bandwidth or 200RMB per month if you get 1:1 guaranteed bandwidth and priority on your traffic. I have 100RMB/month addon and my internet is always top notch no matter the time of day or if it's holidays or not, stable 20Mbps to everywhere with low latency.

Also my settings:

Vkl5WjK.png

Is that the going price now?

Makes me feel like a bit of a sucker for paying $11,000 at launch for the Uncharted bundle. But I've got my moneys worth from it.

What district do you live in btw? There's very few TaiwanGAF members.

Yeah, you might be the first I've met.

I live in Shilin, Tienmu district.

So PS4 is coming to Korea on Tuesday 17th. It will be priced 498000 won, which is USD 460, Euro 350 and GBP 290.

So more than America, same as Europe and much cheaper than the UK. haha I am so glad i dont live in the UK anymore with the fucked up prices. I think it was why I was ezpecting the price to be nearly twice as much.

Controllers are 68000won and the charging dock is 30000.

Pumped!!!!!

No mention of how to buy yet.

Derpcrawler

So PS4 is coming to Korea on Tuesday 17th. It will be priced 498000 won, which is USD 460, Euro 350 and GBP 290.

So more than America, same as Europe and much cheaper than the UK. haha I am so glad i dont live in the UK anymore with the fucked up prices. I think it was why I was ezpecting the price to be nearly twice as much.

Pumped!!!!!

Still cheaper than in Europe, it's 399EUR there. Updated thread with latest info.

industrian

Yeah, you might be the first I've met.

I live in Shilin, Tienmu district.

Up there with all the other waiguorens, eh? ;)

I live in Songshan, near Raohe Night Market.

Pumped!!!!!

An extremely reasonable price that doesn't even include the haggling factor (you're unlikely to get money off the console, but offer to buy enough games/accessories and you never know.)

EDIT:

That's roughly NT$14,000, which if the same price in Taiwan would make me extremely tempted in jumping in.

I just saw the Taiwanese price in another thread: NT$12,980.

That's roughly:

£274
&#8364;326
US $441
469,180 KRW

Quite a decent price if you ask me. I'm really tempted now - especially since I've decided to wait until Haswell-E to build a new PC.

caesar

Banned

Pumped!!!!!

That's better than I anticipated!

PropheV

Neo Member
How do you like Osaka?

It's cool, but a bit crowded and bad air. With that said, all in all it's pretty neat.

By the way, been googling around a bit but can't find anything about PS4 being mulivoltage. Since I'm an idiot who has already coughed up the money without checkign this up, anyone that can help me? Is there there anything I need to buy now in advance? US console in JP (I have a few power plug converters or w/e you call em)

Thanks guys.

Derpcrawler

It's cool, but a bit crowded and bad air. With that said, all in all it's pretty neat.

By the way, been googling around a bit but can't find anything about PS4 being mulivoltage. Since I'm an idiot who has already coughed up the money without checkign this up, anyone that can help me? Is there there anything I need to buy now in advance? US console in JP (I have a few power plug converters or w/e you call em)

Thanks guys.

Japan is 110V, same as US. But in any case FCC list PS4 as 110-230V device.

industrian

The USA and Japan are in the same voltage range (100-120v) and use the same plugs.

Either way, the vast majority of all Sony products are 100-240v. I doubt the PS4 will be any different.

Edit: Beaten by Derpcrawler.

Additional thoughts: I love how Sony make universal power supplies. My Xbox 360 is from the UK and is not listed for 100-120v use so I don't risk using it in Taiwan without a transformer. Having two big blocks plugged into my 360 is extremely goofy looking.

PropheV

Neo Member
Cheers peeps, so nothing needed then, except a new TV which will be hunted down before the console arrives!

That's better than I anticipated!

Also they will be doing a Killzone bundle for 558 and a camera bundle for 548.

Sony really piss me off though with their shoddy care of the PS brand in Korea. they fucking sell PSPs on their sony style site, but not VItas and I expected them to have a pre-order page, but of course not.

TheSpoonyBard

Neo Member
I'll probably get my PS4 as soon as it comes. My local game store is saying on the third week of December or so. I've also got a Vita.

PSN: CaravelClerihew
Game: Killzone SF, Battlefield 4

If everything goes as planned I hope to be a PS4 owner around the 20th of November.

PSN: Waterfield
9+GMT
Killzone, Knack and NFSR

My wires are ready.
3062154083.png

BladeSinner

Neo Member
PSN: BladeSinner
Game: Killzone SF, Battlefield 4

PS4 should arrive mid December (have two friends bringing my amazon orders over when they visit). Also just picked up a PS Vita

3086878597.png

Top Bottom