• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Kitty! Big City Releases on May 9th | Indie Wire

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Reviewing well.

NxVtqmf.jpeg

It's also live on Game Pass now with this launch trailer.

bumpkin

All of the reviews I’ve seen make it sound simple and short but delightfully chill/cozy. The price point is a bit high IMO, but at least it’s got a slight discount (on the eShop) until May 17th.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is one of the audiences where Switch has strong foot on. Wife will like this so I'll prob get it for Switch.

JayK47

I am surprised this game isn't getting more attention. I want to hear some impressions. I almost purchased it on Steam, where it is on sale, since it is a reasonable price day one.

I'd be playing now but my headache is back. Looking forward to reading what you guys think.

I want this pretty much because the family has a black cat.

Well this is F'n adorable. I've already found 12 shineys. I've been trying to get the second ball I found into a net and I keep tripping up people. One guy dropped his sandwich. :)
Lots to do. I found a chameleon who wants me to find him again. If I fits I sits. And I found money in a cash register. The game lets me pick up interesting objects but I have not yet found anything to bring them to. I thought the dog would like a rubber ducky but he just barked at me.
Really cute game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Switch version....this game is a joy!! You can tell that it was made by cat lovers. Controls are fine, but take a little getting used to at first. Soundtrack is subtle but fits the game perfectly IMO. Funniest thing so far for me is two things......1) The dialogue with the other animals. Some of it is laugh out loud funny 2) Hands down my favorite thing to do is when the humans are walking by staring at their phones, i stick my paw out and trip them and they do a hard face plant with a thud and drop all the shit they're carrying LMAO

Lots of little quests to do and the city so far is pretty big with lots to explore. Very glad i got this, it's so much fun!

bumpkin

Has anyone been able to figure out how to trigger the “fruit fall” cat-chievement? None of the videos on YouTube are helpful. The people seem pretty much oblivious/impervious to the stray banana.

Did these guys really just copy Stray, and then choose not to release it on Playstation? Are the devs stupid or is it only bad for gamers when games are exclusive to ps5

Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

Nydius

It was a lot shorter than I hoped. Literally finished everything there was to do in 4 hours and a lot of that time was grinding for cans to recycle. Also ran into more than one instance where the cat would get stuck in a vertical texture and I’d have to reload a save.

It was a fun little game but if I had paid $25 for it I would have felt a bit ripped off, especially since I got Stray at launch for $29.99.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to trigger the “fruit fall” cat-chievement? None of the videos on YouTube are helpful. The people seem pretty much oblivious/impervious to the stray banana.
I got it by going to the convenience store, knocking all the fruit on the checkout counter behind the counter, then waited for the clerk to do her path. She’ll step right on it.

Edit: this is probably my favorite picture I took with the in game camera mode

6GEcFMD.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom