• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen 2 scheduled for 2026, Epic Games Store Exclusive

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
z2eeqg7z6d7d1.jpeg
They really think that all those people who can't stand EGS and bought their game on Steam will be loyal to them after they've made a deal with the devil?
eoHFYd2.gif

thief183

Yeah I totally agree, and I'm not trying to police anyone to boycott EGS. But at the same time I can't stand people acting like @Jetpac who pretend it's "just two clicks" and somehow don't want to address any point I made.

I also brought AWII on EGS because it's probably the single good thing they have done in my opinion so I wanted to show support. At least they helped funding the game as opposed to money hat exclusives.

Just with one reply I can already see you are far more interesting than @Jetpac , so thanks for that 👍
I boycott a lot of staff, but usually I don't accuse other ppl that they don't know things, or at least I explain (actually you did point a lot of things).

To me those company are all the same, they are here for the money not for me, so I can decide case by case if I want to support a product or not. In this case I will probably buy 3 copy like I did with the first one to support polish studio.

As for steam and epic, I gotta be honest I'd love steam to remove all the stuff they keep adding to the store (cards, profile and all this stuff) and be more slim. On this Epic is more on my liking. On the other hand Epic is a clusterfk if you need a forum for example or a refund.

So to make a long story short... for me the difference is really 2 clicks... no wait not even that, it is just a different click.

Everyone has his own battles (I don't buy games with woman protagonists after 2010 for example)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I boycott a lot of staff, but usually I don't accuse other ppl that they don't know things, or at least I explain (actually you did point a lot of things).

To me those company are all the same, they are here for the money not for me, so I can decide case by case if I want to support a product or not. In this case I will probably buy 3 copy like I did with the first one to support polish studio.

As for steam and epic, I gotta be honest I'd love steam to remove all the stuff they keep adding to the store (cards, profile and all this stuff) and be more slim. On this Epic is more on my liking. On the other hand Epic is a clusterfk if you need a forum for example or a refund.

So to make a long story short... for me the difference is really 2 clicks... no wait not even that, it is just a different click.

Everyone has his own battles (I don't buy games with woman protagonists after 2010 for example)
You do you, I've lost too much time with this already.

StereoVsn

Average people just don't care where they get their game from.
Average people don’t buy jack shit on EGS. You could see their 3rd party revenue info during that big info dump from the lawsuit.

EGS is generally where things go to die (including AW2) or at least they get enough money from Epic to compensate from very minimal PC revenue.

This would probably be different if something big enough went to EGS. Like if GTA VI went EGS exclusive you would see a huge amount of interest.

MrRenegade

Banned
Average people don’t buy jack shit on EGS. You could see their 3rd party revenue info during that big info dump from the lawsuit.

EGS is generally where things go to die (including AW2) or at least they get enough money from Epic to compensate from very minimal PC revenue.

This would probably be different if something big enough went to EGS. Like if GTA VI went EGS exclusive you would see a huge amount of interest.
They had around 1 bln in revenue last year? And it is climbing steadily yoy. Steam has I think around 10 bln. It takes a long time and a lot of money to get customers. That's why you buy a product, a service, whatever and not the underlying tech/recreating that tech, because they have a strong user base that is very hard to build up from nothing. So when a venture buys up another they pay a dollar fee per user.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

They had around 1 bln in revenue last year? And it is climbing steadily yoy. Steam has I think around 10 bln. It takes a long time and a lot of money to get customers. That's why you buy a product, a service, whatever and not the underlying tech/recreating that tech, because they have a strong user base that is very hard to build up from nothing. So when a venture buys up another they pay a dollar fee per user.
Alright, we shall see glorious sales of Lords of the Fallen 2 on EGS. I am sure they will totally release their sales numbers there.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Played this on gamepass the other day for the first time. Can someone explain to me why EVERY ATTACK IS A LUNGE?

Like who decided that was a good idea?

Man I'd be so pissed about the Epic Game Store Exclusive if I even gave a fuck about this game.

Now... cue up the Morgan Freeman "Good Luck" meme

Top Bottom