• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Lost River" Trailer - A Film by Ryan Gosling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akahige

DLoyf2M.jpg

Trailer

Starring:
Iain De Caestecker
Christina Hendricks
Saoirse Ronan
Matt Smith
Ben Mendelsohn
Eva Mendes

Writer & Directer:
Ryan Gosling

Cinematographer:
Benoît Debie

Release Date:

April 10th in Limited Theaters and Digital Release

Plotline from IMDB:
A single mother is swept into a dark underworld, while her teenage son discovers a road that leads him to a secret underwater town.

I'm shocked how great his looks visually, Cannes reviews were very harsh about the film.

ezekial45

Banned
It looks interesting. It's certainly a pretty movie. However, I checked out some of the reviews and I read by far the best line from a very scathing review.

[Ryan Gosling] "confuses 'making film' with 'assembling Tumblr of David Lynch & Mario Bava gifs'"

I mean, damn. That's harsh.

In it for the music.

Also, I want to see what Ryan Gosling does with this film.

Yeah, it looks like it is trying too hard... but.. I dunno.. maybe I just want to see it try to hard.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't have high hopes after the merciless beating it received at Cannes last year, but Ronan's involvement is enough for me to give it a chance.

As an aside, I prefer the film's original title (How to Catch a Monster).

Akahige

I don't have high hopes after the merciless beating it received at Cannes last year, but Ronan's involvement is enough for me to give it a chance.

Same.

UrbanRats

Still looks more interesting than Levitt's debut.

I'll keep an eye on this, since even something as messy (and as hated) as Only God Forgives, was worth the watch for me.

Apt101

Kind of hard to take Matt Smith seriously as a tough guy when he looks like a queef could bowl him over. I like the look and premise, I'm going to watch it.

Tengrave

Wow, thank you GAF. Almost forgot about this one. I thought Matt Smith was talking about this almost years ago now.

VARIA

I'm pretty excited to see this. Even more so knowing it was panned at Cannes. Many of my favorite films were booed at Cannes.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/56715/15-movies-were-booed-cannes-film-festival

15 Movies That Were Booed At The Cannes Film Festival

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
3. The Tree of Life
4. AntiChrist
5. Crash (Cronenberg)
6. Taxi Driver
7. L' Avventura
8. Marie Antoinette
9. Southland Tales
10. Only God Forgives
11. Taking Woodstock
12. Wild at Heart
13. Inglourious Basterds
14. The Brown Bunny
15. Voice of the Moon

Helmholtz

Looks very influenced by Refn and Malick. I'm definitely curious, but those early impressions from critics have certainly tempered my expectations a bit.

Reckoner

Ronan will be also featured in the movie's soundtrack somehow. I bet that you won't want to miss that.

iddqd

I'm pretty excited to see this. Even more so knowing it was panned at Cannes. Many of my favorite films were booed at Cannes.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/56715/15-movies-were-booed-cannes-film-festival

15 Movies That Were Booed At The Cannes Film Festival

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
3. The Tree of Life
4. AntiChrist
5. Crash (Cronenberg)
6. Taxi Driver
7. L' Avventura
8. Marie Antoinette
9. Southland Tales
10. Only God Forgives
11. Taking Woodstock
12. Wild at Heart
13. Inglourious Basterds
14. The Brown Bunny
15. Voice of the Moon

Yeah, I remember all the shit Basterds got and how I thought "gee, I hope its not a turd!"
They boo because its what they do (o).

-Mikey-

I'm in for the soundtrack and nice shots from that trailer. Like someone else said, I dug Only God Forgives and Beyond The Black Rainbow.

Bring on the weird.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

The real monster turns out to be Gosling and the audience is the hunter!
shyamalan.jpg

Yeah, I read about that last night. Curiouser and curiouser!
oooh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Visually amazing, but looks like two movies mashed into one. Also feel like the trailer gives way too much away.

Music is awesome, too. Some of Refn's style rubbed off on Gosling, I guess.

t1gerjaw

Has 'cult classic' written all over it. Will definitely watch it, but seems weird just for the sake of being weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom