• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Ty4on

We wanted to see if they were pulling something as (non-Miller) Town.

Sophia was your partner; you don't know the exact causes?
Town that fake claimed miller? Seriously?

I don't know the exact causes that made Splinter suspicious of Flame. I can paraphrase Sophia's stuff from our chat if you'd like.
Early on she was suspicious and thought he could have been backpedaling (I think it was 3 hours into D1). We also discussed a bit that he was the only one who mentioned no lynch vs lynch at the start which stood out to me. At the end of D1 she changed to being indifferent about them and scum read Gorlak/Launch and kitty/Hyper.

El Topo

Karkhead were already the number one target for scum, so lying on that didn't really help them at all. They also lied then about UltraJay not doing anything that one night. Misleading town on that account doesn't make sense. In Zipped's timeline, they also lied about when they used their ability the night after they were chat bombed. They seriously took many risks at the town's expense in maintaining this lie, and it is only by extremely good luck that it never back-fired.

If they are telling the truth. Like, they still didn't give us a list of players they investigated. Heck, imagine if UltraBoo had an ability, then (assuming they are town) that would've been their end.

Ty4on

If they are telling the truth. Like, they still didn't give us a list of players they investigated. Heck, imagine if UltraBoo had an ability, then (assuming they are town) that would've been their end.
I've posted why I think it's possible the doctors protected you guys on N4, but I wonder if you noticed them town reading you before that?

I think the most likely N4 scenario is you were protected and the town read was a breadcrumb of that, but it's also possible that they protected Karkhead which indirectly clears you thanks to the chat bomb.
I have no idea how Kark would be scum, but he isn't making much sense right now.

You (I think Panda specifically) town read kingkitty the day after the save and pretty early IIRC. I thought this was because you were the doctors and saved them, but that obviously doesn't make much sense. Was it just a simple town read or was there something more to it?

Kyanrute

Kyanrute, Retroid: what did you make of Flux and Time and why didn't you vote them out?

They were always the plan B in my eyes, I've said this once before at least. Flux's claim made their alignment unknown until proven otherwise, yet the nature and the details of the gambit did not feel obviously scummy all things considering. Would've joined a lynch on them on any day after night one, had there been no better candidates. In the end such a situation never arose.

Ty4on

They were always the plan B in my eyes, I've said this once before at least. Flux's claim made their alignment unknown until proven otherwise, yet the nature and the details of the gambit did not feel obviously scummy all things considering. Would've joined a lynch on them on any day after night one, had there been no better candidates. In the end such a situation never arose.
What do you mean would have joined a lynch on any day after N1? You never voted for them when they were lynched.

Camjo-Z

As the proud maf goes into his death throes, watch as he suddenly begins to throw out wild accusations and theories in an attempt to disprove the rather simple explanation of the rugged Karkazip being town's one investigative power role. For example, the brightly feathered Kyantroid, who the Tyger was townreading just yesterday, suddenly becomes a candidate for attack. And "mixed teams", previously dismissed as a nonsensical concept due to being impossible to prove or disprove by anyone regardless of how the game plays out, is now back on the table. Truly, this is a sight to see.

Ty4on

As the proud maf goes into his death throes, watch as he suddenly begins to throw out wild accusations and theories in an attempt to disprove the rather simple explanation of the rugged Karkazip being town's one investigative power role. For example, the brightly feathered Kyantroid, who the Tyger was townreading just yesterday, suddenly becomes a candidate for attack. And "mixed teams", previously dismissed as a nonsensical concept due to being impossible to prove or disprove by anyone regardless of how the game plays out, is now back on the table. Truly, this is a sight to see.
Explain why our investigator investigated someone who claimed miller. You know it's nonsense:
Cop checking a miller, now that's just gunning for the "Least Valuable Player" award.
I never town read Kyan.
Mixed teams can't save me if I'm scum.
My name is Ty4on.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not scum so prove that my partner is scum and mixed teams are possible.

If mixed teams were possible, I think you'd know. This is pretty much dismissing this info by demanding we meet an impossible burden of proof.

The result is the result. With that said, there was also a fair amount of hand waving on your part to dismiss the accusations on Blarg/Kawl - and you jumped on that Splinter vote quite enthusiastically. Then, you bailed on the Coppa vote despite jumping on early.

Kyanrute

★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. ● ¸ . ...somewhere...   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .   :. ...in a parallel universe... ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . ● ¸ ...Zippedor...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  ...gives the details about themselves... ☾ ★ ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★

Vote: Karkador

I want answers too. Provide more details, and give an explanation of how your actions make sense, and then I'll vote for Ty4on. Until then, your actions don't make sense.

Camjo-Z

Explain why our investigator investigated someone who claimed miller. You know it's nonsense:

I never town read Kyan.
Retroid was under some fire by Flame on D1. It could have been a way of distancing themselves and looked a bit odd, but for the time being I lean town on them because of that.

And yes, cop checking a miller makes no sense. Cop pretending to be a tracker? That makes a little more sense.
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. ● ¸ . ...somewhere...   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .   :. ...in a parallel universe... ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . ● ¸ ...Zippedor...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  ...gives the details about themselves... ☾ ★ ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★

ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°º.

Ty4on

If mixed teams were possible, I think you'd know. This is pretty much dismissing this info by demanding we meet an impossible burden of proof.

The result is the result. With that said, there was also a fair amount of hand waving on your part to dismiss the accusations on Blarg/Kawl - and you jumped on that Splinter vote quite enthusiastically. Then, you bailed on the Coppa vote despite jumping on early.

You know that makes no sense. I voted Splinter BEFORE the bandwagon and I unvoted Coppa like five minutes before they turbo'd themselves.

I don't know if mixed teams are possible. You is ambiguous in modern English and the role PM doesn't specify that both are town:
"You and your pair's shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN)."
It's not:
"You and your pair's shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You and your pair's shared alignment is Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN)."*

Karkador

Banned

Pretty

Vote: Karkador

I want answers too. Provide more details, and give an explanation of how your actions make sense, and then I'll vote for Ty4on. Until then, your actions don't make sense.

I don't know how its not clear. We checked Blarg to a handle on wtf they were doing. They could have been town messing around; they could have been a neutral. When we got the scum result, we had to weigh the claim on the merit of what a "miller tracker" meant, because the whole show on D1 was odd. It was possible they were neutral.

So we bluffed; we pretended to be "the real trackers", and it worked, although we almost relented at the end. It was a do or die type of thing.

Ty4on

And yes, cop checking a miller makes no sense. Cop pretending to be a tracker? That makes a little more sense.
How does it make sense? Heck, let's say Blawl didn't track Kark. They've wasted a night investigating a miller and can't "prove" their tracker fake claim to lynch Blawl.

Ty4on

I don't know how its not clear. We checked Blarg to a handle on wtf they were doing. They could have been town messing around; they could have been a neutral. When we got the scum result, we had to weigh the claim on the merit of what a "miller tracker" meant, because the whole show on D1 was odd. It was possible they were neutral.

So we bluffed; we pretended to be "the real trackers", and it worked, although we almost relented at the end. It was a do or die type of thing.
What made you investigate me? When you went all in on Flame and Coppa you mentioned with the voting records (Splinter vote) that you thought me and Topo/Panda were town.

Karkador

Banned
How does it make sense? Heck, let's say Blawl didn't track Kark. They've wasted a night investigating a miller and can't "prove" their tracker fake claim to lynch Blawl.

I don't believe it was a waste. We succeeded against an unusual play by confirming that they would read as scum. Just concluding that a cop tracking a miller claim is a categorically a waste is lazy thinking.

So do you want to pull out a miller claim breadcrumb to try to save yourself? Because a result is a result.

Ty4on

I don't believe it was a waste. We succeeded against an unusual play by confirming that they would read as scum. Just concluding that a cop tracking a miller claim is a categorically a waste is lazy thinking.

So do you want to pull out a miller claim breadcrumb to try to save yourself? Because a result is a result.
I still don't understand the investigation.

I'm not a miller. I'm an ordinary.

I have work now so unless it's really quiet my activity will drop like a rock.

Kyanrute

I don't know how its not clear...

All right. We might be in lylo. I need you and Zipped to prove that you are what you claim you are. Who did you target, why, what did you get as results, your actual role, explain the odd-day comment Zipped made and things like this. We need information; your logic, to be certain about you two. We do not have the luxury of lynching Hoboty to prove you, as that might lose game for us.

You sold people on the Blawl lynch because you said there wouldn't be miller/tracker and a tracker on the same town team. But now you are saying that was all a lie. Your action eliminated the possibility that Blawl were town doing a unnecessary gambit, but your scan didn't tell you anything more than that. You seriously risked a ton on your lies that you used to get town on board to your hunch-based lynch of Blawl. Had you both been town PR, that might have been the game right there.

You didn't even reply to my other question about why you needed to lie about being a tracker vs a cop considering you were in the same amount of danger either way. I was expect the answer is what I outlined above: you lied to sell a lynch based on your hunch. But after that, when you had established townie cred, why did you continue to lie? You are telling us that you lied about UltraBoo's night activity. Why? Why lie about your investigation timing?

I can't formulate a convincing scenario where you are scum, so the only things that are left that make sense to me is that either you
1. are neutral, or
2. just happened to get lucky after making a huge mistake for the town, or
3. that this new reveal is fake and is part of some #unnecessarygambit.

Burbeting

Banned
Due to Boo Boo going MIA completely after his ban Boo Boo'n has dropped out of the game.

However, as we are in the end-game, even one vote will now matter a lot, so making one vote completely MIA would screw up with the majority limits etc. For this reason, UltraJay's vote will represent two votes (His and Boo Boo's) until a replacement is found.

All right. We might be in lylo. I need you and Zipped to prove that you are what you claim you are. Who did you target, why, what did you get as results, your actual role, explain the odd-day comment Zipped made and things like this. We need information; your logic, to be certain about you two. We do not have the luxury of lynching Hoboty to prove you, as that might lose game for us.

We are an alignment cop, we had a lot of shots. We investigate Blawl night 1 because the Miller claim was really convenient. When they revealed that who they tracked went and visited them, we knew we either had 1) found a doctor target or 2) been tracked ourselves. Since we KNEW they returned a scum result we went in with the tracker claim. We later looked at coppa and found scum as well. We didn't want play all our cards because we still had shots left. Now here we are, and our shots have expired,

We really were chat bombed day 3, and it sucked. A solutely killed the momentum in our pair thread. We got lucky with karkador choosing to investigate coppa that night.

Ultrajay, essentially you are the wild card in all this. We guessed when we said you didn't move night 2, we had you pegged as an ordinary. Involved with the game but your partner wasn't that interested (which indicated ordinary town rather than power role). When we posted it you never disregarded us, or corrected us. We trusted you when we had to cover for a role we really didn't have.

All I know is I am glad we didn't waste an investigation on dusk. We almost did but Kark talked me down from it night 4. He figured the notes looked good, and we have solid reasoning lets go with it. So unless someone switched our target we got a scum result for Ty4on.

vote: Ty4on

Ty4on

We are an alignment cop, we had a lot of shots. We investigate Blawl night 1 because the Miller claim was really convenient. When they revealed that who they tracked went and visited them, we knew we either had 1) found a doctor target or 2) been tracked ourselves. Since we KNEW they returned a scum result we went in with the tracker claim. [...]
Did it ever occur to you how badly that gambit could have backfired if they were protected and your fake claim got our doctor outed and our cop lynched?

What's your role's fluff? The same?

Did it ever occur to you how badly that gambit could have backfired if they were protected and your fake claim got our doctor outed and our cop lynched?

What's your role's fluff? The same?

Honestly no, not about the outing of another player, we figured if scum had gotten us or a second power role they were as good as dead anyway. If Blawl was really Miller town then they would have the sense to keep the person a secret but Come back with a "that's bullshit because we didn't track you). As it turns out they confirmed that they looked at us. Kark and I had to challenge the claim. We had to test it.

Role fluff is essentially the same except we are ex police. Still nosy and in everyone business.

Kyanrute

Night 1: Blawl
Night 2: ???
Night 3: Coppaflame
Night 4: ???
Night 5: Hoboty

The blanks, if you could be so kind. And if I made mistakes, feel free to correct me.

Karkador

Banned
It's kind of disingenuous to try to condemn us for stuff that didn't happen. The game is fluid and we rolled with the situation, and we've pretty much killed it this game.

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, sorry for not being here earlier, was out of town doing some volunteer work this past week. Ty4on has given me scum vibes for a while. Last time I went after him I gave him a temporary pass due to his posts, but his instant turn on Camjo this cycle is pretty off-putting. Even ignoring that, he was at the top of my list for today's cycle.

I also believe Zippador. So this is a no-brainer for me.

Vote: Ty4on

Kyanrute

As time went on after the tracker duel, I became bit and bit more suspicious of Zippedor's behavior. There was certain level of mistrust towards the rest, I felt. The evasiveness about the tracks they were supposed to be doing. Kark did not even have a vote at the end of the last day and his presence during the day itself was not like usual. There was something going on. But I felt, still, that the alternative, the grand scum plan where the two first days were orchestrated by scum, was, and still is, insanity.

Lets see what you have for us.

VOTE: Ty4on

unvote

I usually like turbojet but with hobo saying what he said I want to see this through.

We investigate a name, and our pm says that our investigation resulted in finding someone with no love in their heart. I would imagine if we had found town it would have said something different.

El Topo

Question, although I am not sure if Burb will answer this: If the Metal Lovers had targeted someone that died during the night, would that have counted as a legitimate hit?

El Topo

Karkhead are trackers, they tracked Ty4on and noticed that he moved, kept it secret until he claimed to be ordinary today, which convinced them that he is scum. To rally us all and get enough of us to vote they come up with this really dumb and incomplete and weird cop claim.

Camjo-Z

Karkhead are trackers, they tracked Ty4on and noticed that he moved, kept it secret until he claimed to be ordinary today, which convinced them that he is scum. To rally us all and get enough of us to vote they come up with this really dumb and incomplete and weird cop claim.

Going for that #unnecessarygambit award brah. can't win if you don't play

Ty4on

Unless there's something really fucked up with my role PM I know for certain that I didn't move :p

El Topo

I'm just trying to think of a scenario where Kark is scum that makes sense regarding the Metal Lovers.

Let us assume he is scum.

1) He counts as a legitimate hit.
------------------------------------------
There is a day where no one revealed a blocked chat, i.e. either batsnacks were blocked or they hit someone who died during the night (and it does not count). Said blocker would have to be scum, since no town member claimed.

2) He does not count as a legitimate hit
-----------------------------------------------------
In that case the hit on Gorlak must count, since as mentioned someone did not claim a blocked chat.

Top Bottom