• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS (pronounced Delta) ~~ ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I haven't seen the episode but I have faith in the franchise as long as Kawamori is still at the helm. I'm sure the series will get a lot better. Patience guys. I've met the man in person and he's a very smart dude.

Deadly

Kawamori has stated in a interview with Animedia that
he was amused and surprised that people's sadder (and inaccurate) interpretations when he assumed he was "obvious". He confirmed that Alto is alive and returned to Sheryl when she woke from the coma at the end of the movie. Plus the final song of the movie with Ranka and Sheryl singing is supposed to be her "Welcome back" concert.
You just made my day

vf-31 love
p1rbrkI.png

Shun

Ikenai Borderline is one of the catchiest Macross songs I've heard, barring nearly all of Frontier's soundtrack, that shit was great. And Mirage is obviously going to win the triangle; as the older, more mature girl, looking back on Misa, Sara and Sheryl.

It is, JUNNA the vocalist for the song is only 15 too.

ArchAngel

What have you done to me?
This is the first anime I watched since Madoka and now I'm singing this all day. Can't get it out of my head :(

GIRIGIRI EYE IKENAI BORDERLINE! ♫♫♪

Almost gave up on songs I like in the first episode, but then this hit me at the end.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
On the subject of figures, not exactly related to Delta itself, but Mega House released a Cosmo Fleet Special vehicle.....

A partsformer and only about 8 inches tall, but it's finally an affordable transformable SDF-1 Macross (Roughly $70ish). And the TV version, no less.

Shun

Episode 2

More happen in these 2 episodes than in the first 4-5 episodes of Macross Frontier. Hayate and cast are already more dynamic than Alto. Minori Suzuki accent speech and exaggeration is kind of growing on me. Would like to see more Kaname, Mikumo, and Mirage. Chuck too Chuck is great.

The Macross and Valkyrie designs are so ace. I'm really really looking forward to the Valkyrie vs Valkyrie dogfights with the Delta Squad vs the Air Knights. Thinking about the Lady M aspect too.

So out of the first two episodes we'll see some pretty great robot and Valkyrie action, they will touch up on Windemere relationships as the Air Knight "antagonists" of the show are Windemere like Freya. I hope that the Char clone, isn't a Char clone in Delta. If he ends up being McGilis/Char/Treize lolicon backstabbing type...

With a large cast I hope they are able to flesh some of them out enough, but I think they'll do a better job than Frontier at least. It would be cool to see whether or not Delta can match the popularity of Frontier in 2007 in sales. Delta already has live concerts planned out.

Frontier shouldn't be the bar to break, but it has to be considering the past couple years. Hopefully the show can deliver more with that but at least it is entertaining right now. Once the broadcast picks up more maybe more comparisons to past shows can be made.

Thomas Romain did a pretty nice job on the background and environments.

Giolon

Ep 2:

It feels like things are moving pretty fast on this show. Did they only get a 13 episode run or something? I hope not, because it's very entertaining.

I'm in love with Mirage. She's so tsun I can't handle it. More of her plz.

Mokoi

Banned
Ep. 2

That was p good. Things moved at a good pace, and looking forward to seeing some vf action next ep. As already mentioned the backgrounds looked great. Freyja and mirage are ace. Although them faces freyja makes are 👌

space honoka joins walkure! we idol thug lyfe now with the walkure hand signs.:D
really hyped for next weeks cg VF-1. it'll be interesting to see the VF-1 rendered with modern tech outside of the various macross games.:D mirage may just beat out mikumo for being best girl, her tsun levels were off the charts. dont touch the girls plane lol.

Epcott

Finished episode 2.

Ok... This series may not be so bad. Episode 1 turned me off to the Macross Magical Girl idea, but the second drew me in. It helps that Commander Arad reminds me of an older Isamu Dyson and Macross Elysion is a sexy beast. I suppose I'll follow.

Loved the opening song by the way.

casiopao

Ikenai is killing me here. I can't stop listening lol.^~^

Whats with all this idol song and the super catchy tune here???

Wuiji

Finished episode 2.

Ok... This series may not be so bad. Episode 1 turned me off to the Macross Magical Girl idea, but the second drew me in. It helps that Commander Arad reminds me of an older Isamu Dyson and Macross Elysion is a sexy beast. I suppose I'll follow.

Loved the opening song by the way.

All the 'ride the wind' stuff gave me major Macross Plus flashbacks. Arad is giving me Isamu vibes too.

Ascheroth

Yet another great episode, all those Freyja faces, so good.
I really like how both Hayate and Freyja are newbies in their respective field and struggle on their own, but bring out the best of each other when they work together. The song at the end was pretty good too.
What can I say, it has mechs, singing and romance and is just a lot of fun.

Evilkazzz

Banned
Holy shit.

Just watched the first episode of this on a friend's recommendation. Wow, that's one of the best Episode 1's I've seen in a while. MC dude fucking dancing with the robot, idol girls with booster skirts singing around the battle field, pretty good CG dogfights.

I dont know why I've put off watching the Macross Series until now (I'm a big Gundam guy). Should I just go back and watch Macross 7 up to this or would watching Macross Frontier be sufficient enough?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Holy shit.

Just watched the first episode of this on a friend's recommendation. Wow, that's one of the best Episode 1's I've seen in a while. MC dude fucking dancing with the robot, idol girls with booster skirts singing around the battle field, pretty good CG dogfights.

I dont know why I've put off watching the Macross Series until now (I'm a big Gundam guy). Should I just go back and watch Macross 7 up to this or would watching Macross Frontier be sufficient enough?

Watch Macross 7......Macross Frontier makes Gundam Seed Destiny look like a masterpiece IMO...Ignore it

tuffy

i hope bandai releases the VF-1 EX as a toy.
That does seem like a no-brainer, but I wonder how it'll look. The trouble I have with the classic VF-1 is that the chest section always seems a little out-of-proportion when turned into a physical toy (something the original series/movie could smooth over with a little "anime magic" back when everything has hand-drawn). The episode hardly showed VF-1 EX's battroid mode except briefly from the side, but perhaps we'll get a better look as training continues.

Korigama

And now I, too, have Ikenai Borderline stuck in my head...

I've only seen the first episode now, but my doubts have pretty much fallen by the wayside. Really enjoyed it, and will definitely be checking out the rest.

That does seem like a no-brainer, but I wonder how it'll look. The trouble I have with the classic VF-1 is that the chest section always seems a little out-of-proportion when turned into a physical toy (something the original series/movie could smooth over with a little "anime magic" back when everything has hand-drawn). The episode hardly showed VF-1 EX's battroid mode except briefly from the side, but perhaps we'll get a better look as training continues.

i really think the yamato arcadia 1/60 really does the heatshield chest portions pretty close to the lineart for the vf-1. but yeah, without out the anime magic it's hard to do. but since the delta vf-1 is CG, maybe it's possible to make it accurate at least to the delta CAD's

i know bandai has the HMR vf-1 line that's looks good but it's aprox 1/100 scale. hopefully they'll make VF-1EX in the DX chogokin line. if they do, i'm curious how it'll compare to yamato/arcadia's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom