• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rSpooky

This is a false flag attack to get popular support for NATO to do the bidding of the western energy interests. New tougher sanctions the day before this is not a coincidence, but a chance to corner Russia. To bad for the west, China won't play ball despite of this false flag... and Europe will be left without Russian gas very shortly if they try anything.

It disgusts me that someone has it for the poor Malaysian people.

Are you serious? Really Serious? and if not it is disgusting as well. Also how about the Dutch and other nationalities on board?

!!!!! STILL VERY VERY VERY NSFW !!!!!!

Russian live stream is back online

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
How did these rebels get so well armed? They're taking down jets and airliners. That's insane and infuriating.

Some of the rebels are "former" Russian Army personnel using Russian Army equipment. Even if the launcher was captured rather than brought in, they certainly have the training to operate it.

Apparently Ukraine itself has access to this type of military hardware.
Of course they do. They were all Soviets at one point. When they split, they split the various divisions of the standing Soviet armies into standing armies of the various countries they were stationed in. Ukraine was a fairly large and wealthy province. Hell, they even had their own nukes until they signed agreements to liquidate them a couple of years after voting for sovereignty.

Stop blaming this tragedy on someone we dont know did it. Its ridiculous and people should know better (after all the witch hunts) to judge before there is actual proof (which will not be there today).

Disgusting how the plane went down but also rather disgusting how people are just blatantly blaming the rebels/russia without a grain of actual proof

Oh poor Russia and Russian backed rebels. Won't anyone think of the poor rebels!?

elty

I think the only known fact so far is

July 14: An Ukraine An 26 transport was shot down.
July 16: An Ukraine Su 25 jet was shot down.
July 17: The rebel claimed they have shot down another An 26.
July 17: MH117 has crashed.

Correct if wrong.

Macmanus

Doubtful. I agree with the other gaffer, if it was the military, they have rules of engagement and wouldn't go trigger happy just because they saw a plane in the sky.

Hours after having one of their own fighter jets shot down by Russia might make that trigger finger a bit itchier.

Dr.Acula

Banned
False flag doesn't make any sense, Ukraine already said the rebels were terrorists and are moving against them with the full support of the intl community. Russia has already been distancing themselves publicly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Russia claims that Ukraine isn't handling its interior security adequately and uses this as an excuse to roll in and "capture" the terrorists themselves.

And all the photos of the plane profiles etc. what's the point? Would it have been okay if they shot down a Ukrainian military transport plane? They're terrorists firing off missiles, what does it matter their target?

Kurdel

Banned
Stop blaming this tragedy on someone we dont know did it. Its ridiculous and people should know better (after all the witch hunts) to judge before there is actual proof (which will not be there today).

Disgusting how the plane went down but also rather disgusting how people are just blatantly blaming the rebels/russia without a grain of actual proof

We have the rebels admitting it.

It's easy to miss because everything is going pretty fast.

mid83

Really? Do the rebels even have any aircraft, let alone planes? Why would they shoot it down?

And doesn't the army have access to flight control data?

Given that the rebels captured anti air missiles that definitely could have shot it down (despite what they're now claiming) and boasted of shooting down a Ukrainian plane at around the same time I find it really hard to believe any other explanation right now.

It would have to be the Ukraine or Russia actual military if this indeed ended up being true.

I highly doubt it though. I imagine neither country is stupid enough for that.

Jhriad

This is a false flag attack to get popular support for NATO to do the bidding of the western energy interests. New tougher sanctions the day before this is not a coincidence, but a chance to corner Russia. To bad for the west, China won't play ball despite of this false flag... and Europe will be left without Russian gas very shortly if they try anything.

Didn't take long for this dross to come out of the woodwork.

"poor Malaysian people"

it's a joke, guys

A joke made in extremely poor taste about almost 300 people dying.

Nameless

It disgusts me that someone has it for the poor Malaysian people.

1393709451195.gif

Wonder how quick the response would be if it was a US, Canadian or EU airplane shot down. Must be absolute bedlam behind the scenes of every major government in the world right now as it is.

There are only 3 possibilities, all of which are being discussed here. Additional conversation is being guided by the commentary made today by *actual* people who had control of such weapons. If rebels/russia represent the bulk of the conversation, it's because of information and commentary that has been uncovered and verified since the incident.

Get over yourself. You're coming off as an apologist/spin doctor at best, and at minimum someone who's arguing just for the sake of arguing. You'll find few sympathetic ears.

fantomena

Russian live stream is back online

Watching this is breaking my heart. Seeing they open passports with pictures of children. :(

potam

Banned
what is a false flag attack ? someone please explain that to me. no idea what is that

I feel like an expert based on how often that term has been used in the Syrian conflict.

Essentially, side A conducts an attack on side A, claiming side B carried out the attack.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hours after having one of their own fighter jets shot down by Russia might make that trigger finger a bit itchier.

So Ukraine was going to shoot down a Russian plane? Not likely. Ukraine is slow to move against people even speaking Russian they're so worried about Kremlin blowback. Do the rebels even have military planes flying around? False flag? When they already declared their intention to move against rebels?

Plus Russia is moving in people over ground to give them plausible deniability. They can't just start sending plane-loads of troops over the border.

MrCat

Banned
Here come the fucking conspiracy theorists. Post evidence.

Evidence that countries (especially the West) resort to false flag attacks to rile the population to go to war? evidence that this conflict is a proxy war about energy? evidence that Anton Gerashchenko, advisor to Ukraine ministry of internal affairs, had a prepared statement about what happened, and who they want to accuse, even before Ukraine officially started investigating the incident...

It's all there. I just don't want to be naive about what is going on... The tragic state of geo-politics is that innocent people die for these corporate bullshit wars.

what is a false flag attack ? someone please explain that to me. no idea what is that

an older pirate tactic from earlier centuries was (supposedly) to attack and plunder enemy ships while sailing under a different flag.

For instance: a Dutch ship sailing under the French flag to raid a Britisch ship.
And I picked these nations as seafairing nations that I know about, so basically random.

also: that guy is an alt / trollposter. Saw him in another thread and was wondering why he was still around.

Malvingt2

I feel like an expert based on how often that term has been used in the Syrian conflict.

Essentially, side A conducts an attack on side A, claiming side B carried out the attack.

an older pirate tactic from earlier centuries was (supposedly) to attack and plunder enemy ships while sailing under a different flag.

For instance: a Dutch ship sailing under the French flag to raid a Britisch ship.
And I picked these nations as seafairing nations that I know about, so basically random.

also: that guy is an alt / trollposter. Saw him in another thread and was wondering why he was still around.

in short simple terms is when a government or force commits an act in the guise it being committed by someone else in order to get support to go against them

Thanks you guys.

Wtf is this kind of response? When did I ever say I was pro russia or pro rebel

Just stop jumping to conclusions so god damn quick

Lets see.

Rebel commander took credit and spoke about shooting down a Ukraine airplane during same time period this 777 was shot down. Due to the debris field it's obviously been shot down. Rebels just bragged about getting their hands on AA systems capable on taking down aircraft at 33K feet.

Not that this is one, but it's an attack carried out under someone else's identity, to provoke repercussions against that identity.

eg, a terrorist organisation competing with Al Qaeda could carry out an attack under their name to provoke further attacks against Al Qaeda

Suppose there was a worldwide caution against flying over the Crimean peninsula, and Malaysia was abiding by this.

Who will be held responsible for guiding MH over the peninsula? Will it be the nearest ATC that was talking to them, or will it still be Malyasia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom