• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Still relevant

I heard there will actually be 2 more (so 8 in total) because those are popular or something :lol

These fake chapters just shows that Seo is the ultimate troll.

Haruto + anyone is rage inducing, because Haruto is a jackass.

Yoake ni Furu, 01

MFxqNKOl.png

Introducing kids in the first series, means you can totally ship them in a spin off after they grown up!

Art's still nice and it is pretty nice to see the kids grown up.

EDIT: really hate that Naruto just *knows* Obito's background without any explanation from Obito. I wish this was handled more like Gaara, where he didn't know the whole story but could still recognize and empathize with his loneliness. Also Naruto didn''t get any flashbacks when he did this with Sasuke, so how...?

But Grimace says that the Naruto TNJ of the past and present are of the same quality!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yoake ni Furu, 01

MFxqNKOl.png

Introducing kids in the first series, means you can totally ship them in a spin off after they grown up!

Art's still nice and it is pretty nice to see the kids grown up.
This author's art is super nice. I don't really like this or the prequel though. Mainly because I thought the unrequited love of the boy to the teacher was weird (the romance between the teacher and father was passable tho I guess.) Also I miss the personalities of the kids, I don't really like their grown up versions (serious but endearing kid -> playful, bully -> straight-laced, aggressive but cute girl -> frigid girl). Frigid girl might still be cool if she has that little kid version of her hidden away unless provoked kind of thing going on. I'm not bitter that she and the former-serious-kid won't get together. Not one bit...
Totally am. :(

One Piece
Why am I still checking this manga, it's so damn boring

EDIT:
But Grimace says that the Naruto TNJ of the past and present are of the same quality!
No way. Part 1 is so much better on the whole. Part 2 has its moments sometimes though (Pein arc), but not in regards to TNJ at all (also Pein arc).

wonzo

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 3

oregaojou3.png

we shall crush the 1% with the power of instant noodles, videogames, and mcdonalds

One Piece 726

Oda cant keep no one dead, this at least continues to imply that there is hope yet for Fire Fist Ace's impending return, Sabo too. The king being there was a nice turn for this arc. Hoping he can at least establish himself, if the story goes that route. Otherwise, one of Oda's best backstorys. He really does well keeping them in just brief partial chapter snippets instead of full on multi length chapter length.

One Piece 726

Oda cant keep no one dead, this at least continues to imply that there is hope yet for Fire Fist Ace's impending return, Sabo too. The king being there was a nice turn for this arc. Hoping he can at least establish himself, if the story goes that route. Otherwise, one of Oda's best backstorys. He really does well keeping them in just brief partial chapter snippets instead of full on multi length chapter length.

Only way Ace is coming back is as a Moria zombie, we clearly have seen Ace's df in Dofla's hand and Ace's vivre card burn up in front of Luffy. Ace is deader then dead

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I have *no idea* what's happening anymore in One Piece. Oda really make it difficult for me to actually care about what's going on or worse, about any of the characters at all, since everything is so jumbled and chaotic.

Maybe I should pay more attention but, damn it.

Hypron

One Piece 726

Why would Ace still be alive? It wouldn't make any sense and would completely cheapen everything Luffy went through.

Metal B

One Piece
@ the color spread: hey!! now we know how Oda counts the members. that means 1 more
Since Jimbei already said yes to be a member of the crew, there should be no surprises anymore. He is also an logical addition to the crew. Luffy's team either takes over important jobs on the ship (Nami [navigator], Chooper [doctor], Franky [shipwright], Robin [historian]), have a skill Luffy really wants to have in the team (Sanji [cook], Brook [musician]) or counter a weakness of him (Zorro [Luffy's high vulnerability against blades], Lysop [Luffy non-ability to lie]). Jimbei as a fishman would of course be the best counter of his weakness against water, Luffy could get. Still, i wish for the crew to join a gunslinger (Sobo would look perfect for the role ...), since pistols are completely underrepresented in One Piece. What is still strange for an pirate themed adventure.

Reknoc

Since Jimbei already said yes to be a member of the crew, there should be no surprises anymore. He is also an logical addition to the crew. Luffy's team either takes over important jobs on the ship (Nami [navigator], Chooper [doctor], Franky [shipwright], Robin [historian]), have a skill Luffy really wants to have in the team (Sanji [cook], Brook [musician]) or counter a weakness of him (Zorro [Luffy's high vulnerability against blades], Lysop [Luffy non-ability to lie]). Jimbei as a fishman would of course be the best counter of his weakness against water, Luffy could get. Still, i wish for the crew to join a gunslinger (Sobo would look perfect for the role ...), since pistols are completely underrepresented in One Piece. What is still strange for an pirate themed adventure.

Well Ussop is already the marksman.

Korosenai

Still, i wish for the crew to join a gunslinger (Sobo would look perfect for the role ...), since pistols are completely underrepresented in One Piece. What is still strange for an pirate themed adventure.

I wish Oda would hurry up and show Ben Beckman wrecking people's shit.

Why would Ace still be alive? It wouldn't make any sense and would completely cheapen everything Luffy went through.

Ace was like nearly the best part of One Piece, he has to return just for the sake of improving One Piece. I dont know how it would happen or what sense it would make, but I believe that Oda could do it and make it entirely acceptable and believable, just watch.

Mael

Ace was like nearly the best part of One Piece, he has to return just for the sake of improving One Piece. I dont know how it would happen or what sense it would make, but I believe that Oda could do it and make it entirely acceptable and believable, just watch.

The thing you gotta admit with dtl is how nice he really is.
I mean for everything that happens in OP he still believes that it can happen.
Keep fighting the good fight!

Where the hell is Toriko?
Not that I like it or something >.>

upandaway

oda just thinks up characters he wants on the crew

You're thinking about this too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom