• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Went out today and bought the $10 Nintendo card to add to the funds I had already so I could get these things. (dat Goomba AR card)

I'm really pleased at the price. I think a higher point may have turned a lot of people off, but this is reasonable enough to be an impulse buy for most people.

I'm not sure if it's me or what, but I've noticed some things I don't remember before, like the MKTV team being in a Koopa Clown Car on the Mario Kart Stadium, and giant Princess Peach banners in the audience. Were those there before?

Also, I was initially hesitant towards the Mercedes DLC, but after using it a few times it feels a lot more natural than I was expecting. I like that the GLA logo on the back of that kart and the tail lights light up blue and yellow when charging turns and anti-gravity mode.

Went out today and bought the $10 Nintendo card to add to the funds I had already so I could get these things. (dat Goomba AR card)

I'm really pleased at the price. I think a higher point may have turned a lot of people off, but this is reasonable enough to be an impulse buy for most people.

I'm not sure if it's me or what, but I've noticed some things I don't remember before, like the MKTV team being in a Koopa Clown Car on the Mario Kart Stadium, and giant Princess Peach banners in the audience. Were those there before?

The Clown Car caught my eye too, but I don't know if that's because of Bowser Jr in Smash or what.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I pre-ordered a DLC, I have never done that before but with Nintendo it felt worth it. Still though where's my Elsa DLC Nintendo?

Anyone know how to turn on the on-screen minimap in multiplayer? I'm not seeing it.

Press select. Personally I am keeping it off as it feels like cheating to me.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's cruel how Nintendo is already showing the DLC in the game's menu.

But it's also brilliant marketing.

zruben

Banned
sorry if this has been answered before.

to get the colored yoshis and shy guys, I just have to buy the bundle with the two DLC packs, right?...
it doesn't matter when, or there's a date limit?

I'm fucking broke right now.

Really pleased with the price points and content included in the DLC. A return to the 'add-on pack' concept is very welcome.

However, it's infuriating that I'm now bombarded with in-game adverts for the DLC at any given opportunity. Adding the new characters and cups to the selection screens with eShop icons is terrible. What if people don't want to buy the DLC? They shouldn't be hussled to pay more when they've paid full price for a retail game already. The addition of a shop item on the main menu and spot pass notifications is enough. This isn't some iOS f2p app, Nintendo. Bad form.

BY2K

Membero Americo

to get the colored yoshis and shy guys, I just have to buy the bundle with the two DLC packs, right?...

I think the time limit is when the DLC is released.

With regard to characters, they'll probably do the same thing they did in MK DS when you went online before unlocking all characters.

And what was that?

No deadline.

khaaan

I think the time limit is when the DLC is released.

Has there been anything that indicates that it would be limited? The way that it was worded

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - either separately or as a bundle - buyers receive eight new colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy

to me sounded like a permanent thing as a way to further attract people to both DLC packs.

Has there been anything that indicates that it would be limited? The way that it was worded

to me sounded like a permanent thing as a way to further attract people to both DLC packs.

Yeah. Furthermore, it says to advance buy to get it immediately. It doesn't say advance buy to get it.

Exile20

mk64-bmode.gif

please...

With regard to characters, they'll probably do the same thing they did in MK DS when you went online before unlocking all characters.
I didn't play MK DS, so I don't know what they did.

But what they should do this time around is, if someone picks a character you don't have unlocked, it shows up as Luigi.

ciD_Vain

I kind of want them to add an item from Zelda and one from Animal Crossing. Then again, I guess the boomerang is good enough for Zelda already lol

AdanVC

This DLC at that price it's truly an impossible thing to avoid. Plus, those in-game ads on the screen menu make it even more irresistible/attractive. Don't know if it's truly necessary to leave them there even if you already made the preorder but it's cool either way, it makes you feel all hyped to know how the new tracks will be.

Leatherface

This DLC at that price it's truly an impossible thing to avoid. Plus, those in-game ads on the screen menu make it even more irresistible/attractive. Don't know if it's truly necessary to leave them there even if you already made the preorder but it's cool either way, it makes you feel all hyped to know how the new tracks will be.

/agree

I hope this is a sign of the all new Power-Up mushroom juice drinking Nintendo of the future. If so I'm all aboard and I hope they forgive me for jumping ship briefly. :p

I didn't play MK DS, so I don't know what they did.

But what they should do this time around is, if someone picks a character you don't have unlocked, it shows up as Luigi.

Why should they even hide the character? I mean, it's not a spoiler considering all the in-game ads for it. Plus it'll entice people to buy those characters.

Top Bottom