• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Brothership Announced | Nintendo Direct

Andyliini

Gold Member
Nintendo being tight lipped about the developer as usual, but they’ve at least confirmed that there are some Alpha Dream staff behind this one, which is exciting!
Apparently ILCA has the most ex AlphaDream devs employed, making them the prime candidate as the new developer. Of course, we will not really know who actually developed it until closer to the game's release.

Robb

Gold Member
they’ve at least confirmed that there are some Alpha Dream staff behind this one

Apparently ILCA has the most ex AlphaDream devs employed, making them the prime candidate as the new developer.

That's what the rumors say

kronk-its-all-coming-together.gif

zokie

Gold Member
NCL lists it as 10GB for now , as the release date is near ..... sometimes the final game size is smaller
you can redeem it via nintendo switch game vouchers now at japan eshop

Last edited:

Impotaku

Glad that there’s even one coming as after alphadream folded I thought we’d never see another game in this series again. Personally I think Nintendo should have bought them as it’s clear they have talent and Nintendo trusted them enough with one of their main characters.

Kind of wish Nintendo had remade superstar saga instead of the Mario RPG borefest we ended up getting.

NanaMiku

NCL lists it as 10GB for now , as the release date is near ..... sometimes the final game size is smaller
Dang, 10 GB is pretty big for Nintendo game. Looks like it gonna be quite meaty

Robb

Gold Member
Sizes of other Mario RPG’s on Switch for anyone who’s interested:

Paper Mario: The Origami King - 6.5GB
Paper Mario: TTYD Remake - 5.0GB
Super Mario RPG Remake - 6.4GB

This is a big boii
mario-luigi.gif

Last edited:
I just want unique enemies, unique NPCs, and plenty of things to do and challenge you in post-game. Paper Jam was awful, but it really started to go downhill with Dream Team.

The obsession of 2010-2020 Nintendo with every Mario game needing to be jam-packed with nothing but generic Toads and the Koopalings is so frustrating. RPGs need unique characters and lots of variety. You can't have a good RPG without that.

Last edited:

Woopah

Glad that there’s even one coming as after alphadream folded I thought we’d never see another game in this series again. Personally I think Nintendo should have bought them as it’s clear they have talent and Nintendo trusted them enough with one of their main characters.

Kind of wish Nintendo had remade superstar saga instead of the Mario RPG borefest we ended up getting.
Seems to be the Nintendo way. They didn't save Cing, but for Another Code they worked with the ex-Cing employee who went to Arc System Works.

Top Bottom