• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

According to Max the game is only 30% done.

I seriously doubt this game releases in 2017, unless they release another bare bones game like SFV.

I'm really nervous now.

Percentages like these are misleading, SFV was supposedly only 20% done a year before launch. These numbers are usually super rough and don't mean much. The game is going to release in late 2017, and that's probably without reusing much assets.

Tirael

Percentages like these are misleading, SFV was supposedly only 20% done a year before launch. These numbers are usually super rough and don't mean much. The game is going to release in late 2017, and that's probably without reusing much assets.
I don't care if they reuse every character on the Capcom side, if it means a smooth launch. All signs point to the fact that we're getting a game that is going to get long term support, and the roster will grow naturally.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I spoke with several of them at PSX. Pretty crazy how many said they've been following the channel for a long time, since vanilla MVC3 Assist Me days. Really damn humbling experience with all the excitement of a new game around now.

That's awesome to hear man, congrats.

Neoxon

I spoke with several of them at PSX. Pretty crazy how many said they've been following the channel for a long time, since vanilla MVC3 Assist Me days. Really damn humbling experience with all the excitement of a new game around now.
That sounds pretty awesome. Also, didn't they help fund MvC Origins Assist Me?

Skab

Generally, I think it's pretty weird to infer what animation corresponds to what button just from videos. You really just can't tell if it's a kick, punch, or a light move, or a command-normal. Same goes with supers and how much meter they take, even if they reuse animations.

I initially had the same thought, but then he showed the 4 normals of Ryu. Those animations are those buttons for him, like they generally always are. So I'd say its a safe bet.

Whether or not its final is up in the air. (obviously)

"The Captain" doesn't get you beat up and left in a dumpster by Captain America. His proper name does. Hence, better.

mV6AHgL-600x870.jpg

shaowebb

So what modes do you guys want in MVCI? I'm seriously hoping for more than just "filler" modes so that we can have more than one type of tourney at a time for the game.

• 2v2 vs
  • 4 player vs (yay sfxtekken team tournies returning)
  • story
  • arcade
  • heroes and heralds mode (with offline local play)
  • ASSIST MODE (play the game with partner assists and universal assists classic style)
  • 3v3 modes for all I've mentioned
  • training
  • mission modes
  • create a combo mode ( make a combo, record it, post it online for folks to search, watch a ghost perform the combo and train themselves to do. Get upvoted or downvoted. Searchable by character, #hits, and damage.)
  • Rhythm Fighter (like mission mode, but its setup like a rhythm game. Start at half combo speed hitting inputs that fly by rhythm game style in time to the combo a shadow is performing. Gets faster as you play till its full speed. Can upload create a combo downloads into this mode. The proper way to train combos IMO)
  • Boss rush (take on giants lol. No seriously. Put in cameos just for midbosses on arcade ladder and boss rush mode is to play them for funsies)
  • Comic book reader (as you play, unlock comics of the character with game points. Have a Comixology or whatever link in this mode for folks who wish to go and shop for more comics if they like what they read and want to know how it ended. Good way to put people in the market for new comics)
  • Test You Luck style mode ( like MK9 put a mode in with a roulette wheel of random heroes and heralds style bonuses as well as penalties that players have to use in a match.)
  • Tourney modes ( load a bracket and when folks play their set it saves their input settings and default character choices after round 1 so that the rest of the tourney they can play through their sets without as much prep work)
  • Livestreaming options and Twitch surfing options. Hopefully with links to tourney archives that update.

Bolded are my most dreamed of modes for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Neoxon

Colour edit mode is my one and only request.
I doubt that Marvel & Disney would allow for that. Hell, given how they were about UMvC3 on PC back when it first came out, it's a miracle that we're getting the MvC games on PC at all.

Tirael

• Comic book reader (as you play, unlock comics of the character with game points. Have a Comixology or whatever link in this mode for folks who wish to go and shop for more comics if they like what they read and want to know how it ended. Good way to put people in the market for new comics)
This sounds great. Maybe add a Smash Bros style demo theater for some of the games that Capcom characters are from that can be bought digitally. I know there's not that many, but it would be cool.

Sesha

For modes I want

- 1v1
- 3v3
- Boss Rush / Dramatic Battle
- World Tour
- A thorough Skullgirls or Xrd-type tutorial

A comic book theater with no. 1s of the various Marvel characters and a Smash-style demo theater, with certain Capcom games represented, would be nice as well.

Could always be a "code in a box" - I think MvC2's PS3 'physical' release was that.

Possibly but capcom's been on a physical release streak lately with the past 3 re games, 4,5 and 6, and the first two dead rising games all getting the boxed disc treatment. I see no reason to think otherwise of this release.

h0mebas3

Ono was telling people otherwise and why wasn't he present at...well anything at PSX? He wasn't at the booth, he wasn't at Capcom Cup, he wasn't at any of the signings. I don't doubt he was there even though no one saw him but there's too much conflicting information.

Both Dengeki and Game Watch confirm that Hirose is the Director as well so this should be definitively established at this point.

trutrutru

So what modes do you guys want in MVCI? I'm seriously hoping for more than just "filler" modes so that we can have more than one type of tourney at a time for the game.

• 2v2 vs
  • story
  • arcade
  • ASSIST MODE (play the game with partner assists and universal assists classic style)
  • training
  • mission modes
  • create a combo mode ( make a combo, record it, post it online for folks to search, watch a ghost perform the combo and train themselves to do. Get upvoted or downvoted. Searchable by character, #hits, and damage.)
  • Rhythm Fighter (like mission mode, but its setup like a rhythm game. Start at half combo speed hitting inputs that fly by rhythm game style in time to the combo a shadow is performing. Gets faster as you play till its full speed. Can upload create a combo downloads into this mode. The proper way to train combos IMO)
  • Boss rush (take on giants lol. No seriously. Put in cameos just for midbosses on arcade ladder and boss rush mode is to play them for funsies)
  • Test You Luck style mode ( like MK9 put a mode in with a roulette wheel of random heroes and heralds style bonuses as well as penalties that players have to use in a match.)
  • Tourney modes ( load a bracket and when folks play their set it saves their input settings and default character choices after round 1 so that the rest of the tourney they can play through their sets without as much prep work)
  • Livestreaming options and Twitch surfing options. Hopefully with links to tourney archives that update.

Regarding 4 player. It shouls have it in both tag and non tag formats (scramble mode)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys are just setting yourselves up for disapointment with those modes wishlists

• 2v2 vs
  • story
  • arcade
  • training
  • mission modes

You are expecting way too much. I bet we only get the modes they posted on the press release.

Just give me the following and I'm good:

- Wesker + Jill or Chris.
- Great storymode with lots of cutscenes.
- Solid online netcode.
- 30+ roster.

TAKE IT BACK! :(
I kind of prefer the MvC2 layout instead of LMHS... I hope we go back to that. Also for other Jin fans out there, I remember in an interview they stated that his move set was supposedly too difficult to translate to the LMHS scheme and that was one of the reasons he wasn't included.

IIRC It was actually because of his super. Where Bloodia comes in punching the opponent.

Marvel

could never
God I hope the netcode is smooth. I can't contain my excitement for this, would suck if it ran like ass online.

I've been spoiled by KI and MKX (After patch)

eggandI

Banned
God I hope the netcode is smooth. I can't contain my excitement for this, would suck if it ran like ass online.

I've been spoiled by KI and MKX (After patch)

I think there's a decent chance we get GGPO since Combofiend seems to have an influential role in the game's development

Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking lul

I think there's a decent chance we get GGPO since Combofiend seems to have an influential role in the game's development

Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking lul
Just a more polished version of SF5's netcode would still work IMO.

Though GGPO would be the dream.

Neoxon

Just a more polished version of SF5's netcode would still work IMO.

Though GGPO would be the dream.
I'd have to agree on this one. Just polish up stuff like the one-sided rollback & we're good to go. Hell, update SFV to have whatever netcode changes that MvCI gets if MvCI's netcode ends up being a modified version of SFV's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really need Combo to start showing the game off, thats when ill get excited (or not), trailers are fine but not what I need.

• 2v2 vs
  • story
  • arcade
  • training
  • mission modes

I want Marvel Mode, where you get to use assists.

Top Bottom