• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
a good friend of mine who lives in Hong Kong was talking with me and telling me he's depressed as hell because he was watching all these things unfold from start to finish via all the Chinese news source and social media. he knew things would blow up and sure enough things go exactly as he was worry. one of those stupid things that really broke him was that the Wuhan city officials actually hosted that HUGE 10000 family (which would means 40000ish people) mass Luna New Year dinner on the 19th. that obviously did not help containing the virus. that and also the 6 hours heads up on quarantining the city which means that whole sections of the population had already flee the city before they locked it down. it's all the little yet stupid decisions that led to the mess we have now and it's depressing as hell to both him and me as we talking about it and can't do a thing.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
They always dial it up from 0 to 10.

I'm sure a not-zero number of racist memes exist for this event, but c'mon.
So that's racist now they say. Interesting. My co worker, she's from South Korea, and told me it's from the Chinese eating bats and rats. Then she goes on to tell me that "they will eat anything".

Wonder if she's racist or just telling me facts. I've never been there. I wouldn't know. She has.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So that's racist now they say. Interesting. My co worker, she's from South Korea, and told me it's from the Chinese eating bats and rats. Then she goes on to tell me that "they will eat anything".

Wonder if she's racist or just telling me facts. I've never been there. I wouldn't know. She has.
Asians say racist shit about other Asians all the time man.

Ooops.
Human-to-human transmission outside of Wuhan is definitely a thing.
As is transmission BEFORE showing any symptoms.
This morning some of our senior management wrote some emails about traveling to China/HK, etc for things like client meetings, corporate access events. What shocked me is they didn't explicitly say, " we will not be approving any travel to or from the region until further notice". Gotta keep making that fucking money. Luckily I'm in Operations and won't have to be forced to travel to my death in the name of money makin'.

Your friend is not wrong. The Chinese people are an aquatic species of people who like to live down by the water and eat eels. Also they have gills and their women have sideways vaginas.

Not sure what that ‘one new death’ is about when over the course of the past three days it’s jumped from

They released some numbers a couple hours ago with the 132 number, but released updated ones recently with 469 new cases and 1 new death.

Your friend is not wrong. The Chinese people are an aquatic species of people who like to live down by the water and eat eels. Also they have gills and their women have sideways vaginas.

That explains a few things why I could never get over how good sex was with my half-Chinese ex.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

If it's one thing Asians like to do, it's to talk shit about different Asians.

Only until we put aside our differences and unite like a giant oriental voltron will we be able to beat the true final boss, white people.

Only until we put aside our differences and unite like a giant oriental voltron will we be able to beat the true final boss, white people.

This, the socially conditioned inferiority complex does wonders for them to prove who is better than who.... though this shit helps consumerism, but it is toxic culture in my opinion. That's why I sometimes jokingly say Eastern culture has become Western culture, and Western culture has become Eastern culture. In a way it is true... well off White dudes gravitated towards Buddhism and well off Asians gravitated towards Christianity... though I think now they are trying to lean towards Buddhism in China.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

just so i can have an excuse to post this pandemic 2 meme.

madagascarht5.gif

Cato

Banned

Hey. You just woke up from a sleep since 1985? :)

Asians are whiter than europeans nowadays. Just ask your local idpol feminist or
look at Harward acceptance criterias for Asian vs White vs Other.
You guys are already whiter than Elisabeth Warren :)

(Whites: the most inclusive ethnicity of them all. It includes everyone from Europe, Russia, Most of the Middle East, South Asia, The Orient, South East Asia, Oceania, Jews and everyone in South America that voted for a right-wing government. More than 6 out of the 8 billion people in the world are white!)

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
This is some scary shit now. Anyone know if it can be pass thru mail? I have a package coming from Hong Kong since December 31st. Kinda scared now to get it when it arrives next week, lol. Wonder if I should refuse it, it's just a beyblade toy for my son.

Unless the delivery worker has coughed all over the toy or snotted all in it you are safe, just be sure to wash your hands before and after opening the packaging and throw it away in a bin (not the toy obviously that will be fine)

Virex

Banned
Well i guess I was wrong. At its given rate, and if it does transmit asymptotically, we could be watching the end of the human race as we know it. Its basically a mutation away from ending humanity entirely as well.

Even if it just stays they way it is the global economic collapse caused by the massive amount of people sick and unable to work, or simply refusing to work, will leave us without food, water, and services. Once all the doctors and nurses are sick, dead, or abstaining from their duties the death toll will rise. From what I understand you can get re-infected with this virus as well, so even survivors are not safe.

Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them because within the next month, or two, either you, or a couple of them will be gone. For those of us that survive... I hope you own guns, and have access to food and water.

qCMHR6R.jpg

Ornlu

Banned

Unrelated to the story...but YES. Lol, East Asia has to be the world hotbed for casual racism.

nush

Gold Member
Unrelated to the story...but YES. Lol, East Asia has to be the world hotbed for casual racism.

Hong Kong, Taiwan, mainland China you're all Chinese but it's like you've all picked the same A tier character in Smash Bros hoping for an advantage win.

Doczu

Gold Member
My best buddy lives next to Siegen (Germany) where 1 of the 4 (known) infected are being treated. Dude is taking it easy with all the memes but he's a bit anxious.

synchronicity

Gold Member
It's not cool. That's a fact

I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intention. Yes, I do know that the plumbing is a big problem in many parts of the world. Maybe my initial statement didn't properly convey my meaning.

I don't think people with plumbing problems are inherently dirty - just making the best of a bad situation. I'm just saying that it isn't the most hygienic set of conditions to have to contend with. My apologies.

sinnergy

umm, is the virus slowing down?

I see the hype about this virus begin to wane from media outlets and reddit
The virus knows nothing ... does it’s thing ... but people these days have a knack for sensation and a attention span of 3 to 4 days ...

So It’s old news ... also there is a brexit and Trumps debacle in the USA...

The Guardian has very good coverage online ... you could check that and if you like support them with a donation.

They keep reporting: new infection in Finland and in Paris ... so that’s that ...

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Meanwhile airlines are flying between China and the US dozens of times a day. Authorities are "deciding" whether or not to quarantine the diplomats from Wuhan when they arrive in the US.

We are ruled by idiots and fools who want to destroy us.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Meanwhile airlines are flying between China and the US dozens of times a day. Authorities are "deciding" whether or not to quarantine the diplomats from Wuhan when they arrive in the US.

We are ruled by idiots and fools who want to destroy us.
Or they are trying to keep the Great Depression 2.0 from kicking off. If the US shuts off air traffic, which means goods as well as people, the stock market will crash like the Hindenburg. I fully believe with ~29% of cases requiring hospitalization there is no way for us to avoid another great depression now. The mortality rate wont do us in, but when joe blow sees how sick it makes you he isn't going to his job, and all of those sick people wont either. That means stores closing for months, and nobody moving food around the country.

The world is essentially fucked unless by some miracle it stops.

Remember, 9 missed meals and humanity goes tits up. Really hope yall have guns to protect yourselves if the worst happens. Hungry people are going to come for your shit.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Or they are trying to keep the Great Depression 2.0 from kicking off. If the US shuts off air traffic, which means goods as well as people, the stock market will crash like the Hindenburg. I fully believe with ~29% of cases requiring hospitalization there is no way for us to avoid another great depression now. The world is essentially fucked unless by some miracle it stops.

muh gdp

edit: One of the main reasons why people think the Bronze Age collapsed in the ~1100 BC time frame was because all the civilizations were so intertwined that they were just a bunch of dominos. What people on the ground surely thought was a remarkably prosperous, flexible, and resilient system turned out to be very delicate and fragile. What we have here is the idea that it is absolutely necessary to go into the virus' territory and spread it around the globe to keep trade up. We have the idea that we should quarantine people who came *directly from ground zero* with a virus that *spreads before you see symptoms" is something to be "discussed" not implemented immediately without delay.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intention. Yes, I do know that the plumbing is a big problem in many parts of the world. Maybe my initial statement didn't properly convey my meaning.

I don't think people with plumbing problems are inherently dirty - just making the best of a bad situation. I'm just saying that it isn't the most hygienic set of conditions to have to contend with. My apologies.

No, you didn't offend me at all. I said I agree that it's not cool and I wish the plumbing was better. Everything's ok!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
muh gdp

edit: One of the main reasons why people think the Bronze Age collapsed in the ~1100 BC time frame was because all the civilizations were so intertwined that they were just a bunch of dominos. What people on the ground surely thought was a remarkably prosperous, flexible, and resilient system turned out to be very delicate and fragile. What we have here is the idea that it is absolutely necessary to go into the virus' territory and spread it around the globe to keep trade up. We have the idea that we should quarantine people who came *directly from ground zero* with a virus that *spreads before you see symptoms" is something to be "discussed" not implemented immediately without delay.
It's a lose lose situation. The virus is already here and would come here even if they shut down the plans a month ago. There is no stopping something this contagious. Keeping the economy going is the only thing that will keep us from turning into post apocalyptic video game plot. Even still, the economy is going to dip and we may be looking at about two to six months of a "Dooms Day Preppers Wet Dream" until life normalizes.

Stop bitching about what the government is or isn't doing and go buy food, water, and ammo. Then, when SHTF go to your bug out spot or barricade yourself in your house for a couple months and hope for the best. If you can keep from getting sick you will be better able to keep yourself alive over the next six months of turmoil.

Or.

The virus doesn't take hold in the rest of the world (for whatever reason) and nothing I said above happens.

Personally I would plan for the prior and hope for the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom