• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

betrayal

Banned
I’m feeling that it’s more likely that the test is just a bit lacking. We’ve had multiple reports of defective tests. Also, I’m getting the feeling that it produces both false positives and false negatives leading to reports of testing the same people several times (perhaps just accounting for low quality tests).

Probably true, besides some other explanations.

The median R0 for this virus is something like ~2.3.

This means if let's say 20.000 were infected one week ago, they would have infected 46.000 other people. These 46.000 would have infected 105.800 new people and so on. The stated incubation period varies strongly, but seems to be on average 5-7 days. The numbers we're seeing are way too low right now, provided there are not tens of thousands of undiscovered cases.

In that case I don't see this happening unless a country is really inept and does not care.
Yes the formula should be correct but in practice countries are doing a damn good job blocking the path to those numbers.

If places like Italy are willing to postpone popular Football matches just to prevent those types of numbers I think we have hope in never seeing that level of rise.

MadAnon

Doesn't help that a lot of people have a Vitamin D deficiency and have poor diets.

Plus you have a medical industrial establishment that downplays the effectiveness of large Vitamin C dosages in pneumonia and viral infections.

Early Large Dose Intravenous Vitamin C is the Treatment of Choice for 2019-nCov Pneumonia

Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus

Alongside other cures that already exist but cannot be patented for example - I would have advised people to research the effectiveness of a Chlorine Dioxide solution (single drops in water) a powerful highly selective oxidant that destroys pathogens/viruses in the human body (used normally for water purification - found to cure malaria by accident) but the rampant fake news, censorship and propaganda is insane even from the FDA - I've never seen anything quite like it.

(Research is crucial - there is way too much corruption)

BASIC SCIENCE OF CHLORINE DIOXIDE

A readily available, inexpensive solution. Suppressed all because of money. :messenger_grimmacing_

Video - Proof The Red Cross Cured 154 Malaria Cases With MMS

iu

Most of our drinking water supply is disinfected already by chlorine dioxide.

It's a sick world.

ON NBC HIT PIECE AND AMAZON CENSORING MMS (CHLORINE DIOXIDE)

Ban this idiot recommending MMS. It's dangerous to health. It's basically like drinking a bleach!

Links to some shitty 100 word article telling Red Cross cured people from malaria without any additional information. I can write an article how people drank elephant piss in Africa and it cured HIV. GTFO with this trash.

I guess you drink cup of bleach every day and you are the healthiest person alive.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
The median R0 for this virus is something like ~2.3.

This means if let's say 20.000 were infected two weeks ago, they would have infected 46.000 other people. These 46.000 would have infected 105.800 new people and so on. The stated incubation period varies strongly, but seems to be on average 5-7 days. The numbers we're seeing are way too low right now, provided there are not tens of thousands of undiscovered cases. This again indicates that the containment is going extremely well.
That might be low-balling it. Could easily be more like 4.7-7.

betrayal

Banned
That might be low-balling it. Could easily be more like 4.7-7.

This number is very unrealistic and would contradict even more what we see with the official figures. There have been studies for the cruise ship, but there are others, and even these came to a R0 value of about 2.3.

Someone in the thread also pointed out the flawed logic:

I am no expert, but isn't his analysis based on the Milan numbers strange? These numbers are the number of cases confirmed, not the number of new infections. The number of cases confirmed were not infected in the day before, but over a longer period. The growth in confirmed cases is due to more testing and only partly due to new infections.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Name one good reason not to always keep a few weeks of food and supplies on hand. It's being prepared, not paranoid.
It's a cultural thing, maybe?

Brazil doesn't get earthquakes, hurricanes or anything. It's a neutral country with not much history of war and conflict... There are seasonal floods in some poorer regions, but it's not widespread and it usually does't do absurd damage...

So yeah, lot's of people here think it's crazy to stock food in case of disaster, so when I suggested it because of the virus it was met with mockery.

My grandmother and grandfather always had stored food for a month in any given situation, they came from Italy and Germany respectively, I assume it was common practice in Europe at the time... so maybe that's why I never saw it as a strange thing to do?... I dunno.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised to see confirmed cases popping up all of the US next week if this is true. I bet a number of cases were just ignored and not confirmed due to no testing.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I still don't buy that Poland, Belarus, Ukraine & Turkey don't have 1 case.
We don't have a case either, when it comes to Poland, Belarus, Ukraine....I've heard that alcohol kills the virus and trust me, we in here drink a lot. I am expert in this field. When it comes to Turkey, it's probably unreported I would say in those countries you never know.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
so... not a single person on GAF with this thing yet? isn't that weird?
Nope.

1. Find the percent of all the people in the world with this virus. Now, apply that percent to the active users of GAF. Tell me how many people that is.

2. Even if someone did get it, they might not even know it, and their first instinct probably wouldn't be to post about it on GAF anyway.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
We really should try to do better. I don't mean the dumb shit like praying for the sick and catching a deadly virus to become a Saint. But we should stop shooting people because they want to take a bath.

Still when you live in a land, you should know the laws of the land. If Best Korea says Stay, you STAY.

I don’t support such authoritarian actions, but dude was trying to go to a PUBLIC bath. That’s kind of dangerous.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Doesn't help that a lot of people have a Vitamin D deficiency and have poor diets.

Plus you have a medical industrial establishment that downplays the effectiveness of large Vitamin C dosages in pneumonia and viral infections.

Early Large Dose Intravenous Vitamin C is the Treatment of Choice for 2019-nCov Pneumonia

Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus

Alongside other cures that already exist but cannot be patented for example - I would have advised people to research the effectiveness of a Chlorine Dioxide solution (single drops in water) a powerful highly selective oxidant that destroys pathogens/viruses in the human body (used normally for water purification - found to cure malaria by accident) but the rampant fake news, censorship and propaganda is insane even from the FDA - I've never seen anything quite like it.

(Research is crucial - there is way too much corruption)

BASIC SCIENCE OF CHLORINE DIOXIDE

A readily available, inexpensive solution. Suppressed all because of money. :messenger_grimmacing_

Video - Proof The Red Cross Cured 154 Malaria Cases With MMS

iu

Most of our drinking water supply is disinfected already by chlorine dioxide.

It's a sick world.

ON NBC HIT PIECE AND AMAZON CENSORING MMS (CHLORINE DIOXIDE)

Drinking bleach? Da fuck dude? Yeah it's used in water treatment, but in way lower concentrations at the EPA regulated safe levels than what you're advocating.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Just skimmed the article, but didn’t see the age. I think reports are leaving this info out on purpose to create mass panic, because mass panic means more attention to the news, and that means more clicks and more money. If the person who died was like 88 everyone would be like well of course they fucking died, they’re an old bat.

That info is important and all these stories about deaths I see, no one ever reports their damn ages.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Just skimmed the article, but didn’t see the age. I think reports are leaving this info out on purpose to create mass panic, because mass panic means more attention to the news, and that means more clicks and more money. If the person who died was like 88 everyone would be like well of course they fucking died, they’re an old bat.

That info is important and all these stories about deaths I see, no one ever reports their damn ages.
Yes, it’s all stupid , just be honest. But it’s world wide the case imo.
All this dishonesty is gonna bite them in the ass.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

Trump just said she was a "medically high risk patient in her late 50s".

betrayal

Banned
What the fucking fuck. The round of questions starts and the first two questions are all about how Trump is portrayed badly, which is then directly refuted with facts. As if there were no other problems than to drag Trump through the mud with the help of this crisis.
My condolences to all US residents for the media. They're a disgrace to your country.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
What the fucking fuck. The round of questions starts and the first two questions are all about portraying Trump badly. My condolences to all US residents for this media. They're a disgrace to the country.

Fuck them

Holy shit. That guy almost sounded hopeful that Trump would get the virus.

Last edited:
Add solar storms to that too. (Carrington event)

Always a good Idea to have at minimum two weeks of supplies.

(Best source for vitamin C comes from fresh fruit and veg)

Preventative measures.

Vitamin D3: 1000 - 2000 IU
Vitamin C: 300 mg RDA [unwell increase 3000 mg - divided doses]
Zinc: 15-20 mg
Magnesium: 300-400 mg

+
Selenium: RDA [100 micrograms]

+
Echinacea tea in moderation can stimulate the immune system (research)
Bit OT...but speaking of the Carrington Event....SuspiciousObservers recent episode outlines recent events around Magnetic shift quite coincidental to 1859

Be Safe Everyone

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
So this guy just said that you can't get reinfected, but thats not correct? We have had some cases where people "recovered" and then it came back.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Dems already REEEing over Trump wanting to close the Southern Border. They're going to impeach him for election interference over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom