• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animagic

Banned
everyone buy some masks
comment_9KwU0SOfXfyJFUrbZQeOS5wPHH0M50LL.jpg
Lmao shit, man... the situation is DIRE!!

V4skunk

Banned
was over at Target and CVS, and it seems they're all sold out on respiratory masks. hopefully they would stock up soon.

also, was stopping by the Home Depot and parked right across from me was a BMW with an Asian couple inside, and the license plate of the car is [Wuhan NB] (which basically means "Wuhan awesome"), not too sure if they're trying to show support or trying to be edgy/trolling.
A mouth mask isn't going to stop the virus...
You need a sealed full faced military/nbc grade gas mask.

Mistake

Masks out of stock here too. Have to use Amazon or Ebay now.
I'm already stocked up on p100's because of pollution in china at times. Who knew that would have an upside, not that it will much in this case

Last edited:
Just over 2,800 coronavirus confirmed cases, 81 deaths

Last edited:
A mouth mask isn't going to stop the virus...
You need a sealed full faced military/nbc grade gas mask.

I know it's not 100% and never said it is. just something to help when going to crowded places like super market and stuff. worst comes to worst I can go find an army surplus store and get a few of them biohazard masks I suppose lol

Can’t help but think “Tentin Quarantino” while reading the thread title.

This virus sounds like big trouble, but I bet in a couple months it’ll be history.

Cato

Banned
I know it's not 100% and never said it is. just something to help when going to crowded places like super market and stuff. worst comes to worst I can go find an army surplus store and get a few of them biohazard masks I suppose lol

It is not 100%.
If the virus is truly airborne then they are no more than 0% effective. They won't help at all. Except maybe to make people feel safer.
Like magnetic bracelets or something.

Anyway, no need to worry, yet.
If they shut off internet from that region then that is when it is time to worry.

Mistake

I’m stuck in Beijing, and was in xi’an last week when it all started, so I probably just missed it. Not too many cases here yet (supposedly.) We’ll see. Everyone is panicked. It will only get worse by the end of the week, then a few weeks after that to know for sure

Last edited:

sinnergy

Well some masks and some swim googles to have as spare can’t hurt ... I’ll buy a couple just in case! Otherwise I’ll use them for swimming with the little boy and spray painting .. better save than sorrow, even if I live in Europe .. when it arrives here you bet all this stuff is sold out ... and a couple can’t hurt ..

Last edited:

Breakage

This guy explores a Chinese wet market. It's easy to see how a deadly virus could emerge in such conditions (skip to 1:30):

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
The holidays is big time for entertainment and retail sector.
Here is a random vlog from last year's Chinese New Year.

Tourist attractions not random streets. Of course Vlogs will find something interesting to see.

The streets are empty because its Chinese new year holiday still and its raining.
Tourist attractions not random streets. Of course Vlogs will find something interesting to see.

Most of these videos are overkill in hysteria no doubt, dude with goggles is going way over the top but...

5 million people left the city just hours before they shut the doors (with a 6 hour warning) according to reports coming from the people that run the city (Mayor's office) sure we can make all the excuses we want but we can't pretend this is all normal or that would be just as much an exaggeration going the other direction just to prove your point

not saying empty streets and rainy weather is not normal but you are trying to fit what people are reporting as a crisis as everyday life

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
not saying empty streets and rainy weather is not normal but you are trying to fit what people are reporting as a crisis as everyday life

Its NOT everyday life, its NORMAL Chinese New year holiday scenes. I'm just pointing out that whats being represented isn't abnormal in some cases.

Its NOT everyday life, its NORMAL Chinese New year holiday scenes. I'm just pointing out that whats being represented isn't abnormal in some cases.
relax dude the Highest of China's overlords have acknowledge the shit has hit the fan and expects things to get worse before it get better these saving face excuses don't really matter it is a waste of energy and an insult to thinking people

nush

Gold Member
relax dude the Highest of China's overlords have acknowledge the shit has hit the fan and expects things to get worse before it get better these saving face excuses don't really matter it is a waste of energy and an insult to thinking people
You're the one shitting yourself some Chinese virus is gonna kill you, not me. If you want to believe the streets are empty because of a quarantine you do you, becuse a video taken in the same place a week from now will look very different.

You're the one shitting yourself some Chinese virus is gonna kill you, not me. If you want to believe the streets are empty because of a quarantine you do you, becuse a video taken in the same place a week from now will look very different.
I don't have to believe anything there are hundreds of youtube channels with enough videos I don't need you to interprete them for me though lol

a week from now I hope things get back to the normal empty rain day streets no big deal
if it is back to pack full of people that would be stupid. Anyway the holiday was extended to prevent people from rushing back to work and school

Last edited:

protonion

Was this posted?

---------------------------------------------------

«Frightened about Coronavirus?

This report comes from Eileen Kurlander

Someone posted this....

"CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.

Now follow with me:

• In 2004,the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS.It expired on January 24, 2020
-- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.

In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.

• They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zikaquackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).

Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne(funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.

In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now.It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against.Guess who it was funded by?The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

The Gates are Eugenicists.

You really can't make this stuff up».

Banned
Was this posted?

Someone posted this....

"CORONAVIRUS is not a new virus. It has been around for at least two decades and is transmitted from animals to humans and then from humans to humans. It is said to have originated from eating cats, bats, and camels (depending on the strain). 2019-nCoV is a supposedly new strain of the coronavirus that surfaced in mid-December 2019 from a seafood market in China.

Now follow with me:

• In 2004,the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS.It expired on January 24, 2020

In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak.

• They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) to create said vaccine. This company brought you the zikaquackxine in a record-breaking 7 months (run ... just ... run).

Inovio Pharmaceuticals will be partnering with Wistar (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates), GeneOne(funded by Bill and Melinda Gates and sponsored by the US FDA) and Twist Biosciences (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). If the Wistar Institute sounds familiar, it should. This is the company that produced the WI-38 cell line derived from the "too many to count" aborted fetuses in the vaccines injected into your children.

In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now.It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against.Guess who it was funded by?The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

this is very sickening if it is true

Outrunner

Was this posted?

Someone posted this....

Now follow with me:

Get your tinfoil hats bois

It's all debunked though:

Social Media Posts Spread Bogus Coronavirus Conspiracy Theory

Last edited:

vpance

I thought the ongoing conspiracy was that Chinese scientists smuggled the virus out of a Canadian lab.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/did-china-steal-coronavirus-canada-and-weaponize-it

Last year a mysterious shipment was caught smuggling Coronavirus from Canada. It was traced to Chinese agents working at a Canadian lab. Subsequent investigation by GreatGameIndia linked the agents to Chinese Biological Warfare Program from where the virus is suspected to have leaked causing the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Was this posted?

Someone posted this....

Now follow with me:

Except for the fact it's mostly made up. :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The Texas A&M student from Wuhan has been confirmed to not have coronavirus by Texas health officials. The CDC is double checking the results with a more sensitive test just to be sure. He will remain quarantined until the cdc finishes their tests.

So there is some preliminary good news for Texans.

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about Chinese history, but did they try to eat whole bats and live mice and shit before Communism?

Just looking in, I feel like this is some sort of cultural adaption to masses of people being held in poverty. "Oh, look, it's trendy to eat live mice because we cannot afford rice or even heat to cook them."

Am I the only one who would like to see mask wearing culture spread to the west in a big way as they wear them in Japan, China and other places in Asia?

people should really wear them for the common cold

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's not strictly a poverty thing though is it? I've heard that there is a desire among wealthy people for fresh exotic meat, tiger penis for example, because they believe it will infuse them with special powers:
See, I hear about stuff like this (and bears held for their bile, rhino horn, etc) and I wonder why ANYONE thinks "traditional chinese medicine" like acupuncture and whatnot has any medicinal value. The whole system is suspect.

TrainedRage

Banned
Part of me love this for the memes. Part of me is legit scared that this is the Black Plague 2.0

And it seems like more and more cases are popping up in the US.

eot

Banned
Was this posted?

Someone posted this....

Now follow with me:

You are a fucking mong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom