• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE Announced for PS5, Xbox and Steam July 2024

VdQY02h.png

Spike Chsunoft has announced that its mystery adventure Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE will be released for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam on July 18, 2024. More information is planned to be shared on May 9, 2024. Currently, Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE is exclusively available on Nintendo Switch.

It’s worth noting that this news only applies to Japan for the time being, but it also likely applies to the West as well. Further, this upcoming port has “Plus” in the title, implying added content. Perhaps the DLC episodes will be included for free. We’ll keep you all updated.

Source - Noisy Pixel

Last edited:

GHound

I still remember that interview with Kodaka about the Switch exclusivity and him saying something along the lines of how it wouldn't get as much attention if it were multiplatform, which I thought was sort of an oddball statement at the time.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I’ll definitely double dip to play it on my Steam Deck since that should hopefully run better (I remember there being performance issues at launch IIRC on Switch? I played it a lil bit then decided to wait for a patch but never got back to it)

Chukhopops

I’ll definitely double dip to play it on my Steam Deck since that should hopefully run better (I remember there being performance issues at launch IIRC on Switch? I played it a lil bit then decided to wait for a patch but never got back to it)
The game is excellent but it looks horrible on the Switch between the very low resolution and the poor frame rate when going around the city.

It’s not really a problem considering the gameplay but it should look significantly better on any other platform.

I can confirm it runs pretty poorly on the Switch still. Plus in portable mode it looks kinda blurry which is a bit annoying; luckily all the text and UI is rendered at native resolution (720p).

All that being said, it should run like a dream on the Steam Deck. :messenger_sunglasses: I might double dip as well depending on the added content that this plus version contains.

Gambit2483

The game is excellent but it looks horrible on the Switch between the very low resolution and the poor frame rate when going around the city.

It’s not really a problem considering the gameplay but it should look significantly better on any other platform.
Yea it should definitely look and run much better...I'm almost tempted to double dip myself..

Some additional deets via Famitsu:

The latest work from the Danganronpa series production team, Super Detective Case Files Rain Code ,  was released on Nintendo Switch in 2023 . A dark fantasy set in the strange city of Kanai Ward, where it keeps raining, in which an amnesiac detective apprentice, Yuma, and the Shinigami-chan who possesses him, work together with "super detectives" with special powers to solve unsolved cases. It's a mystery action.

The 'Plus' version of this work, which includes additional elements, will be released on July 18, 2024 for PlayStation 5 (PS5), Xbox Series X|S, and PC. In addition to support for 4K resolution and the addition of gallery mode, it also includes a collection of DLC featuring detectives other than Yuma that were distributed in the Switch version. This is a must-see title for fans as well as those who have never experienced it. In addition, to commemorate the release of `` Super Detective Case Files Rain Code Plus '', we conducted an interview with producer Shohei Sakakibara. In addition to the development secrets and highlights of this work, we will directly discuss the future development of " Rain Code "!

Bridges

I just need to stop buying 3rd party switch exclusives because they'll all get ported to the platforms I'd prefer to play them on before I can get around to them.

This and Shin Megami Tensei still sitting on the shelf

graywolf323

I just need to stop buying 3rd party switch exclusives because they'll all get ported to the platforms I'd prefer to play them on before I can get around to them.

This and Shin Megami Tensei still sitting on the shelf
same 😮‍💨 we really need the Switch 2 to release already because I keep regretting picking games up on the Switch due to the performance struggles it’s had the past few years with anything that isn’t first-party (and even then… I‘ve been holding off going through Xenoblade 3 until the Switch 2)

Top Bottom