• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s to phase out Hi-C from menu, replaced with proprietary Sprite TropicBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

styl3s

Hi-C has to be one of the worst possible drinks you can consume, just get water it's free.
I mean you're already at Mcdonalds so nutrition concerns is already out of the fucking window might as well enjoy a soda.

What's 12oz of soda with a 1000 calories baconator from wendys? I'm already dead at that point.

Truly the smoothest drink.

In my poorer days I would get a 1.99 happy meal and I always got their take on "orange drink".

Any size beverages are only $1 right now. Maybe I'll fill up a huge jug of it. I could freeze it and sell it in 20 years too.

akira28

Rather just get real juice anyway. Or Powerade.

real juice is nice, but pretty much still all natural sugar water. Powerade is horrible with food.

Mcdonalds Orange was a reliable offering for people who don't like sodas and think drinking water is boring. But who knows how this will turn out.

Palmer_v1

Truly the smoothest drink.

In my poorer days I would get a 1.99 happy meal and I always got their take on "orange drink".

Any size beverages are only $1 right now. Maybe I'll fill up a huge jug of it. I could freeze it and sell it in 20 years too.

Just in time for Rick and Morty season 3 to demand that it comes back!

akira28

the last berry flavored sprite I got was out of that coke mixer machine, and yeah it was carbonated, and nothing special. Like sprite with sugar free fruit syrup flavor added.

Retro

Reasons to visit McDonalds just dropped to zero. Whenever the weather starts to get warm I get a craving for the stuff.

All I remember is it tasting godly out of this as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

I remember one summer when my brother and I were still in scouts, we had a week long event at a local park marching the cub scouts from shelter to shelter so they could get their requirements for advancement. 90 degree heat, humid as hell, and always on the move. The water available at the park was warm and sulfurous, so the only salvation came in the form of these yellow beacons of hope that poured forth orange mana from heaven. While the kids were making macaroni pictures or whatever we'd find a shady spot and chug ice cold orange Hi-C. Made that week almost worth it.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I mean you're already at Mcdonalds so nutrition concerns is already out of the fucking window might as well enjoy a soda.

What's 12oz of soda with a 1000 calories baconator from wendys? I'm already dead at that point.

My 1,000 calorie baconator doesn't have 55 grams of sugar in it!

MJPIA

On the one hand I always mix hi-c orange with sprite so I'm not entirely fond of this.
On the other hand that new Sprite flavor sounds interesting so I guess I'll wait and see what its like.

Hi-C has to be one of the worst possible drinks you can consume, just get water it's free.

Posts like this are always laughable when I see them on diet sites.

They offer advice such as "instead of a steak try a kale salad instead, it has a lot fewer calories and is packed with essential vitamins and fiber. Hello, if someone is looking for a healthier alternative to steak how about suggesting something more substantial than kale.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
All I remember is it tasting godly out of this as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

Seriously this. Play days, Pizza days and Track and Field events at elementary school and we'd have Hi-C from McDonalds. I haven't had it since the 90's probably but man do I still remember that amazing taste.

tmarg

Posts like this are always laughable when I see them on diet sites.

They offer advice such as "instead of a steak try a kale salad instead, it has a lot fewer calories and is packed with essential vitamins and fiber. Hello, if someone is looking for a healthier alternative to steak how about suggesting something more substantial than kale.

The problem is that Hi-C isn't a moderate choice compared to soda, it's still completely terrible. And at least the people drinking soda know that they are indulging, while those choosing Hi-C think they are making a healthy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom