• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta Quest 3 | OT + Review Thread |

SoloCamo

Interesting you bring this up, as I've been experiencing blurry vision lately, but I've been on VR since the Quest 2 days early on, so unlikely to be related. How old are you? Do you find close-up vision is fine, but just long distance is blurrier and takes more effort to focus?

Late 30's, and yes, near sighted but it seems like it suddenly got a lot worse. My glasses (that I normally didn't really need to wear) are now pretty much required as I can't focus for squat.

DaGwaphics

Late 30's, and yes, near sighted but it seems like it suddenly got a lot worse. My glasses (that I normally didn't really need to wear) are now pretty much required as I can't focus for squat.

Do you get a lot of eyestrain/dryness/redness when using the headset?

Poppyseed

Probably just a coincidence. You're still distance looking with a VR headset, as it's based on your prescription (if you use lenses like I do).

Wonko_C

Saw this over on reddit, I just confirmed it works, got the game for $3. :D

6FfS8Lr.jpeg

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
So I've had my Quest 3 for about 2 months now, and what I've learned is:
  • Modern VR is pretty awesome but there's still lots of room for improvement
  • The experience still isn't anywhere near user-friendly/pick-up-and-play enough for the average consumer
  • The Meta ecosystem is active and thriving and appears to be the future of VR
  • PC VR is all but dead

Because of this, unfortunately I don't see a future in VR for me. I understand the appeal of on-device locally rendered experiences, but as an enthusiast, the visuals just aren't there for me and probably never will be.

I've played through all of the PCVR experiences I've desired to play, with the exception of Half-Life: Alyx, which I will be buying the next time it goes on sale. After completing Alyx though, it's looking like my Quest 3 is going up for sale.

Last edited:

amigastar

• The experience still isn't anywhere near user-friendly/pick-up-and-play enough for the average consumer
  • PC VR is all but dead

Because of this, unfortunately I don't see a future in VR for me. I understand the appeal of on-device locally rendered experiences, but as an enthusiast, the visuals just aren't there for me and probably never will be.

I've played through all of the PCVR experiences I've desired to play, with the exception of Half-Life: Alyx, which I will be buying the next time it goes on sale. After completing Alyx though, it's looking like my Quest 3 is going up for sale.
Many people use their VR headset to play flight sims like Falcon BMS or DCS World. It's pretty awesome with VR.
Falcon BMS is older software (but still gets updated) so it runs pretty great on modern PC's.

Last edited:

Romulus

• PC VR is all but dead

You would probably do better to sell it now and make more cash, but 2024 is getting a library of VR games not seen before. Batman, Metro, Alien to name a few.

I know PCVR is dead, but in terms of actual enjoyment the UEVR injector has been incredible playing more AAA games than I have time for. The setup takes several minutes usually after you know what you're doing.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The experience still isn't anywhere near user-friendly/pick-up-and-play enough for the average consumer
I've been doing VR for a long time now but I would agree with this. It needs to get to the point where you pick up the headset and you are instantly transported to a VR environment. It needs to be seamless.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Wait what?
Flight sim, WRC, F1, Blade and Sorcery going full release. Meta is money hatting some exclusives but it just cant handle the sim genre which is where VR truly excels.

Glad you're enjoying your experiences, but I'm talking from a perspective of new significant titles and attracting big developers. Those days are over in the PCVR space.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Glad you're enjoying your experiences, but I'm talking from a perspective of new significant titles and attracting big developers. Those days are over in the PCVR space.
Other than Blade and Sorcery those titles are from big name developers. Also there is Metro Awakening coming this year hopefully.

Romulus

Wait what?
Flight sim, WRC, F1, Blade and Sorcery going full release. Meta is money hatting some exclusives but it just cant handle the sim genre which is where VR truly excels.

I wouldn't be so sure quest can't handle sim racers in the future. That new motorbike game is surprisingly deep.

Top Bottom