• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

I want to actually see the translated show for having a good laugh. I hope you guys wont take it too seriously also. That's what led to this thing in the first place.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I want to actually see the translated show for having a good laugh. I hope you guys wont take it too seriously also. That's what led to this thing in the first place.

Nah, I am just curious about how this nonsense must appear to normal people. I cannot believe that some people still entertain the possibility that this is a hoax, even after the doctor's lawyer posted his official filled police report online.

cOQRvl0.jpg

rw0ZZHx.png

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good." - Kojima, Twitter, 2010.

this is hilarious. please continue your investigation and keep us up to date

Mexen

I'm 100% sure Solid Snake is in as an Adult.

I posted my reasons last page.

But there is one more thing, remember that fan made Metal Gear 1 remake that was initially endorsed by Konami? Last year Konami just went all out and denounced the whole thing and said the team were to stop making it.

They were nearly finished with it...

Usually companies put a cease and desist in straight away but Konami officially said the team could do it.

In my opinion they stopped the team because it wouldn't have made sense to have this fan remake with the original story in and then have the player play a revised OH and revised story in MGSV.

Edit: David Hayter was helping write the script FFS!
They even got help from these guys as well:

Adhem Belkhadra from Ubisoft (Gears of War, Just Dance, the Cursed Crusade, etc.) working on the level mapping.
Kaue Lemos from Insane Games (Earth Under Seige, Bubble Up, etc.) working on the sound effects.
Orion Acaba (Fire Emblem, Infamous series, etc.) working on the voice acting.
Paul Eiding (Roy Campbell) was also on board in a cameo.

They even let this team have David Hayter do the voice acting for Solid Snake.
I thought Konami sacked David?
I know this is a fan remake but still, if they fucked him off for TPP and got Sutherland in as a replacement then why let David do a Remake in which the original didn't even have voice actors?

Because we will be playing as a young Solid Snake and
Because David Hayter IS in MGSV!

d5EVl5g.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
http://i.imgur.com/rw0ZZHx.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is how his book continues after the table of contents.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cihDIXe.png

Cyborgs and clones... This guy is nuts and literally screaming for being pulled into a MGS game.

kRJVkxM.png

I'm 100% sure Solid Snake is in as an Adult.

I posted my reasons last page.

But there is one more thing, remember that fan made Metal Gear 1 remake that was initially endorsed by Konami? Last year Konami just went all out and denounced the whole thing and said the team were to stop making it.

They were nearly finished with it...

Usually companies put a cease and desist in straight away but Konami officially said the team could do it.

In my opinion they stopped the team because it wouldn't have made sense to have this fan remake with the original story in and then have the player play a revised OH and revised story in MGSV.

Edit: David Hayter was helping write the script FFS!
They even got help from these guys as well:

Adhem Belkhadra from Ubisoft (Gears of War, Just Dance, the Cursed Crusade, etc.) working on the level mapping.
Kaue Lemos from Insane Games (Earth Under Seige, Bubble Up, etc.) working on the sound effects.
Orion Acaba (Fire Emblem, Infamous series, etc.) working on the voice acting.
Paul Eiding (Roy Campbell) was also on board in a cameo.

They even let this team have David Hayter do the voice acting for Solid Snake.
I thought Konami sacked David?
I know this is a fan remake but still, if they fucked him off for TPP and got Sutherland in as a replacement then why let David do a Remake in which the original didn't even have voice actors?

Because we will be playing as a young Solid Snake and
Because David Hayter IS in MGSV!

if david hayter recorded VO as solid snake in a backdoor MG1 remake in TPP, why would he agree to write and star in a fan-made MG1 remake? the logic doesn't fit. sorry. team A is nonstop entertainment.

Error1355

Gotta go Team A. I would love to see Snake voiced by Hayter in MGS V and always thought that'd be one of the bigger plot twists that I at least want to see.

<_<

Venom Fox

Banned
if david hayter recorded VO as solid snake in a backdoor MG1 remake in TPP, why would he agree to write and star in a fan-made MG1 remake? the logic doesn't fit. sorry. team A is nonstop entertainment.

How doesn't the logic fit?

Maybe Konami wouldn't have known if Kojima had included MG1 in MGSV.
Stories get changed from the original Game Design Document and proof of concept that Konami originally seen before giving kojipro their allocated budget.

The publisher only finds out things like story changes at milestone meetings.
Also
Maybe the "backdoor" remake wasn't included in the MGSV when Konami let David do the VO for the fan remake.

It's Konami's IP so David being in the fan remake would have had to have been passed by them and Kojima.

Kojima simply decided to include the MG1 remake in MGSV which forced Konami to shut the fan remake down.
Because of retcons and stuff.

Anyway I'm not trying to convince you, I'm trying to explain the reasoning behind my theory :)

How doesn't the logic fit?

Maybe Konami wouldn't have known if Kojima had included MG1 in MGSV.
Stories get changed from the original Game Design Document and proof of concept that Konami originally seen before giving kojipro their allocated budget.

The publisher only finds out things like story changes at milestone meetings.
Also
Maybe the "backdoor" remake wasn't included in the MGSV when Konami let David do the VO for the fan remake.

It's Konami's IP so David being in the fan remake would have had to have been passed by them and Kojima.

Kojima simply decided to include the MG1 remake in MGSV which forced Konami to shut the fan remake down.
Because of retcons and stuff.

Anyway I'm not trying to convince you, I'm trying to explain the reasoning behind my theory :)

i am david hayter. i did VO for TPP and I know that TPP is partly a remake of MG1. I am asked by some devs to do a fan remake of MG1. I say no, for obvious reasons.

i am david hayter. i was replaced as snake/bb in TPP. I am not in TPP. I am asked by some devs to do a fan remake of MG1. I say "sure, why not?"

get it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can i join Team A?

I've made my mind up Team A it is.

I would like to join team A.

Despite my love of Gosling I'd like to be added to Team A as well!

Gotta go Team A. I would love to see Snake voiced by Hayter in MGS V and always thought that'd be one of the bigger plot twists that I at least want to see.

<_<

zusjlxlm2ual.jpg

JayEH

Hayter doesn't make add up to me at all since he has been open on why they probably dropped him (money) and he has been salty on twitter the last couple of years. It also makes no sense for this "surprise" to only happen with the English version of the game while the Japanese audience would not have this pleasure. It would be a pleasant surprise if he was in but I highly doubt it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kotaku talks to Dr Canavero's lawyer: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/24/could-the-metal-gear-solid-lookalike-doctor-really-sue-konami

Not making a thread because it'll probably get locked.

Big kudos to the Kotaku guy, he handled the interview very well.

He let his lawyer know about Ian Moore and that it is common that people speculate when there is something about MGS etc.

On top of that his lawyer seems like a pretty cool guy (his photo is a bit douchbag-ish but whatever)

Venom Fox

Banned
i am david hayter. i did VO for TPP and I know that TPP is partly a remake of MG1. I am asked by some devs to do a fan remake of MG1. I say no, for obvious reasons.

i am david hayter. i was replaced as snake/bb in TPP. I am not in TPP. I am asked by some devs to do a fan remake of MG1. I say "sure, why not?"

get it?
No. I don't get it. At all.

The whole "they weren't going to pay me enough" thing that JayEh said is bull,
I thought the story was that he heard from a friend that they'd started work onTPP and he wasn't contacted so he contacted them and they said he wasn't needed anymore?

He'd turn down probably $150,000+ but yet he'd accept pennies for a fan remake that wasn't crowd funded or anything?
lol

Konami had accepted his role in the fan remake for continuities sake until they realised Kojima was including MG1 in TPP.

As I said, I'm not trying to convince you to join Team A.

I'm simply letting you know my thoughts and theories on the matter.

JayEH

I thought the story was that he heard from a friend that they'd started work onTPP and he wasn't contacted so he contacted them and they said he wasn't needed anymore?

He'd turn down probably $150,000+ but yet he'd accept pennies for a fan remake that wasn't crowd funded or anything?
lol

Konami had accepted his role in the fan remake for continuities sake until they realised Kojima was including MG1 in TPP.

Fan remake wouldn't be making any money. TPP will be making millions of dollars. Of course he would want to be paid big.

And this is hayter speculating why he wasn't brought back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMHPbo3UK1Y

lol

You're either choosing to ignore what I'm saying or you just don't get it. Reread what i wrote and think about it.

Also, the money thing is straight from hayter's mouth

EDIT: i'm not trying to be mean to you, so i'll try to explain further. if david hayter agreed to play SS in TPP, he certainly would not have accepted a role in a fan remake of the same story. it would be a conflict of interest. hayter agreeing to do the MG1 fan remake is just another addition to the laundry list of factual evidence behind him not being in TPP, not the other way around.

I still think TPP will progress into Big Boss's early-mid-late 50s

art-mgsv-big-boss-afghanistan-s-01.jpg

this is concept art for BB...but i doubt they planned him to look like this in 1984 where Big Boss is only 49 years old..

this concept art looks like a mid 50s big boss....

Mexen

Originally posted by Kotaku

“Yes, exactly… we need to investigate a lot and
really understand what's going on and if there
really is a connection,” said Stefano. “I'm certainly
not an expert on video games, so I might actually
need that kind of knowledge to assess exactly
what the situation is and how likely it is that
there's some actual foreplay

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.