• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

Alastor3

seriously why does it have to be hayter ??? In the trailer of ground zeroes it's hayter but in phantom pain it's not, but it's 9 year later and snake was in a coma that must affect his voice.

The Lamp

So are Liquid and Solidus.

I can't remember what Solidus sounds like but I remember him sounding like Big Boss (when Big Boss is OLD, ala MGS4).

Liquid's a loser. He got the recessive genes so who cares about his voice

Or I forget....did they topple that fact in MGS4?

jgminto

I do love Hayter. His version of Solid Snake and Big Boss is iconic. I can't really imagine Snake without David's gruff voice and a "Metal Gear!?" in the game.

Trevelyon

Oh lawd! There was an expectation that it'd be PS3 exclusive? Jesus.

Big swinging dick third party exclusives are like a skin and bone anemic, barely able to draw a breath in this era.

Let it go, we in twenty thirteen yo.

CpmPanda

Neo Member
hmm about the new voice, my buddy Chris makes a great point...

"He's been in a coma for 9 years, muscle atrophy would mean a different voice for some time, until the muscles strengthen. That's some serious accuracy."

Berek76

Why's he got a bionic arm? (I'm not a follower of MGS story)

Because they said the part where Big Boss has the hook is the tutorial, so we can assume he got his hook replaced for the rest of the game with something more useful.

Remember Zadornov in Peace Walker, he too had a mechanical arm (the right one).

What awkward writing.

"You've been a coma for quite some time. Yes, yes, I know you'd like to know how long. I'm afraid it's been nine years."

Why not just say, "you've been in a coma for nine years."

Myriadis

After playing the german version of the original Metal Gear Solid 1 with some of the worst voice acting I ever heard, I don't care if Hayter voices Snake or not, everything is better than that.

TrutaS

Another game to arrive to next and current-gen consoles. If publishers take this route too long it really may harm the launch of both new consoles and the industry in general.

i am sorry i just find it hard to believe that ps3 and xbox 360 will be able to manage to do this .

very clean very smooth graphics like this ? yeah .. no

this footage is either from pc version or ps4 version .

jayu26

Is anyone else not a fan of all those lens flairs or is it just me?

As far as game is concern it looks like a Metal Gear Solid game, which is fine I guess.

neoism

iuaocSysuc43H.gif

iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif

where can i view this trailer pls..
TRAILER DOWNLOAD

I'd upload to yt but they'll just hit it with a takedown notice.
nm lol

ScOULaris

"He's been in a coma for 9 years, muscle atrophy would mean a different voice for some time, until the muscles strengthen. That's some serious accuracy."

Nah, they're just using the voice actor that played Big Boss in MGS4. Makes sense. He's a better actor than Hayter, honestly.

J-Man

Awesome trailer. Excited! Good use of music. I didn't finish MGS: Peace Walker, maybe this will force me to actually put some time into it (the portable games never really caught me, for some reason).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, so Hayater's tweets were inferring to this, that sucks. I wonder why they decided to change the VA just now?

So who are the two phantoms? Who's the person through whom your POV is seeing in the first minute? Is the dude on horse Revolver Ocelot?

Sephzilla

If that's a possible explanation, his voice could also revert to Hayter after a bit.

Had a damn shitty day, but Kojipro announcing Metal Gear Solid V with a damn good looking trailer has made me happy once again. LOVE YOU KOJIMA!

POOR choice in background music. Holy shit that was horrific to watch just because of the shitty soundtrack.

My only question is, will this have a form of MGO?

Top Bottom