• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light getting PS4 port, SDK possible, DLC details, standalone multi, more

Metro 2033 was great but I do not see myself replaying it anytime soon.

Last Light on the PS4 will be amazing too and I'm curious to check it out but there are other titles who may have some priority. Is any fellow GAFfer considering getting all those cross-platforms (PS360) titles on the PS4 only as soon it releases?

If there is a game I want and it will be on the PS4 as well as PS3/PC I will get the PS4 version.

AOC83

Banned
They obviously do if they're putting it on ps4 at launch. Late port that looks worse than previously available sku usually equals low sales.

Not really, unlike on the WiiU the game has some sales potentia on the PS4. And i don´t know what you are talking about with the sku, the PS4 will blow 99% of the PCs out there out of the water graphically.

Hypron

The PS4 version would probably run a lot better than the PC version on my PC, but I hate playing FPS's with a pad so sadly I'll have to pass. Anyway I've had the PC version pre-ordered forever.

Quasar

Metro 2033 was great but I do not see myself replaying it anytime soon.

Last Light on the PS4 will be amazing too and I'm curious to check it out but there are other titles who may have some priority. Is any fellow GAFfer considering getting all those cross-platforms (PS360) titles on the PS4 only as soon it releases?

Yeah. But its only titles that aren't on PC as well. I've pretty much stopped buying this gen console games, though I guess I'll have to make exceptions for Last of Us and Beyond Souls.

AJ_Wings

A response from one of Deep Silver's PR

Since I don't speak Ukrainian, I've asked around and here's an answer via our Huw Beynon:

We realise Andrew Prokhorov's recent interview with Ukrainian media has created a lot of interest and speculation - however, most of the nuance in his statements have not quite made the translation.

It is no secret that 4A Games do want to release an SDK for Metro; finish the extremely promising Multiplayer component and release this in some form; and investigate a PlayStation 4 version provided it makes commercial sense (although no development has started on any next-gen console versions). We have confirmed these hopes and ideas plenty of times before.

However, all these ideas are just ideas at the moment. It will be some time before we can officially commit to any of these projects or suggest when they might materialize. They genuinely might all happen, but equally none of them might happen. Anyone expecting Metro: Last Light as a PS4 launch game is probably going to be disappointed...

We have also previously confirmed that there will be DLC for Metro: Last Light - this is currently in full production now that the game has gone gold, and Deep Silver will make an announcement confirming content in the near future. We think you'll like what we have planned!

So not a launch title but haven't ruled out the possibility of a port.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
This is still the best Last Light gif there is
metrolastlightphysx_by_teddyterror-d5z1byf.gif

The better it looks, the more the flaws stand out. And because of that this gif looks a bit weird.

NotLiquid

The better it looks, the more the flaws stand out. And because of that this gif looks a bit weird.

Yeah the cloth is kinda wobbly, a bit all over the place. Kind of uncanny.

Surprised about it not being a launch title considering it's already going to be a rather late port.

The only flaws that I see are not from the cloth, but from the model it is draped over (the collision model is different then the model itself).

Beyond that... i think it is one of the best look real time cloth simulations I have seen. Especially in in terms of poly-count.

Wanny

Seriously how can you find flaws in this????? Can't you just appreciate the awesomeness in this physx moment??????

Enlighten me ?!??

Great news, it makes me a lot more interested in the game tbh. PS3 would be a crippled experience, just like my current PC. PS4 surely will be much better.

it looks mocapped, nothing new....

Mocapping a cloth?
What?

Given this teams obsession with tech and perfection... I highly doubt that it is baked...
Also, why would you assert when you could not possibly know and when all prior history in this teams development go for real time solutions?

iavi

A response from one of Deep Silver's PR

So not a launch title but haven't ruled out the possibility of a port.

This game would have benefited tremendously from being on the shelf at launch.

Still wondering what's the source for this one, insane cloth physics!

Watch this be Physx and look nothing like it on AMD hardware, or just run like shit.

Edit:

The original Metro 2033 was one of the few games that allowed physX to be calculated on the CPU using mulitple cores (instead of just a single core), so CPU physX ended up being a very viable alternative on AMD GPUs, and I don't believe they suffered at all from it.

Corrected! thank god.

I'm not surprised by the port.

The game looked terribly generic and didn't really seem to be pushing much more than what we've seen already.

Top Bottom